Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Romance

Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #61
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If I love someone it is forever. The type of love may change, but I still love them.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #62
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

My love is conditional yes. I may love someone, but withdraw my actions of love. I can love from afar, and I have stopped loving, it's not an intentional thing, it just happens. The only unconditional love I have is for my children.
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #63
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have changed my mind from my original post. I said I offered unconditional love to only one person and that be my daughter.I have decided that it is not a parents responsibility to beholden to have to love their child unconditionally if their child does not deserve it. I have borne witness to several examples as of late, of adult children who in my opinion, did not deserve their parent's love. Call me cold. I would sever my love in a heart beat had it been my child.

I seem to find myself becoming more black and white as I age. Less grey. Far less grey. I think I have given people in my past so many opportunities that I realize now I wasted so much of my precious life on them, days wasted that I cannot get back now. I have lived more life than I have left to live, and no one is going to get more from me than they deserve ever again. I wont mistake an ass for a horse again, trust me on that...lol. Someone said they wanted to love themselves unconditionally. I think thats what I am doing. Hands down. I come first.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 03:29 AM   #64
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

It all depends on your definition of love...is it a feeling or an action...?
If it is a feeling...it is possible to love...even when u r upset with a decision that person has made.
If it is an action...what r u willing to do/go thru if that person really needed u?
The only limit to unconditional love is the human condition...& what each is willing to do and/or put up with...
Your limits define your conditions
Old 02-04-2011, 05:28 AM   #65
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Many years ago this was part of an all night discussion with a dear friend (now departed). We concluded that there is such a thing but that it is different for everyone.

My love (whether that be for my friends, family or partner) is one that loves and accepts people "warts and all." It's not something that I will take away if there is a disagreement, parting of ways or even if someone hurts me. I cannot just turn off my heart, just cannot...there will always be love there.

This same friend wrote a beautiful song about his love for his friends here are the lyrics:

Brother's Keeper
Rich Mullins and Beaker

Now the plummer's got a drip in his spigot
The mechanic's got a clank in his car
And the preacher's thinking thoughts that are wicked
And the lover's got a lonely heart
My friends ain't the way I wish they were
They are just the way they are

And I will be my brother's keeper
Not the one who judges him
I won't despise him for his weakness
I won't regard him for his strength
I won't take away his freedom
I will help him learn to stand
And I will, I will be my brother's keeper

Now this roof has got a few missing shingles
But at least we got ourselves a roof
And they say that she's a fallen angel
I wonder if she recalls when she last flew
There's no point in pointing fingers
Unless you're pointing to the truth

And I will be my brother's keeper

I will be my brother's keeper
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #66
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I've been thinking about this thread a lot.

I've never been the sort of girl who thinks Heathcliff is romantic; I've always thought that he was a reactive jerk and that Cathy was manipulative and thoughtless.

But I suspect I am the exception.

On the other hand, I have a huge amount of patience with the shenanigans of naughty teenagers, but very little patience with the thoughtless sharp tongues of some adults I've 'met' online.

I've never cheated on anyone to whom I have been committed.

Again, I suspect I am the exception.

When members say they will always love someone they have loved at one time, what does that mean?

If that is true, why have you (in general) cheated on your partner? Why have you taken expensive gifts when you know you aren't fully committed to your partner? Why do you share dramatic private details of your relationship?
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #67
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

I think it is possible for unconditional love to exist within disagreement...

I know for me, I didn't care if parts of my family didn't agree with my orientation...because I love them.

I don't agree with things my mother put me in the middle of, and the decisions she made and things going on including her life choice...but I love her unconditionally and will continue to...regardless of her choices...

just my opinion

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #68
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post

I've never cheated on anyone to whom I have been committed.
Neither have I, although I have had a few people cheat on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post

When members say they will always love someone they have loved at one time, what does that mean?
For me the intimacy of love (not sex but love) occupies a place very deep within my heart. There is no way that anyone who finds that place can not leave a part of themself behind regardless of why they are no longer in my life.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #69
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default unconditional

Sorry , I hate to break the news to you, but it is not possible for humans to love unconditionally. It's a very romantic notion, and a nice fantasy, but it's not humanly possible. No matter how deeply we love someone there are always condtions of some sort, there is always a boundry, we simply do not have the capacity, not in our design. You can wish or hope or kid yourself, but it's just not possible.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #70
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Oh i certainly believe in unconditional love....

I believe that if you truely love someone unconditionally, family...lovers...whatever, it just happens and not something that you necessarily try to achieve. Because it can possibly make things harder on you in the long run. IMO: It is either there or it isn't. Doesn't mean you have to even ever see this person again in your life, agree with them, approve of them or associate with them.

But, if you have it for someone...

you.

just.

know.

it.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #71
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Sorry , I hate to break the news to you, but it is not possible for humans to love unconditionally. It's a very romantic notion, and a nice fantasy, but it's not humanly possible. No matter how deeply we love someone there are always condtions of some sort, there is always a boundry, we simply do not have the capacity, not in our design. You can wish or hope or kid yourself, but it's just not possible.
Sorry Jagg, but I love my family Unconditionally... I don't ask them for anything in return well wait I take that back yes I do.. I ask for their love in return and the same goes for my friends... Now if you call that a fantasy then that is you're belief ... My belief is that yes we can!

No matter what "research proves" ......

I will believe what I want to
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #72
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Unconditional love is tricky... In theory it is possible for me. In reality - I am human.

I believe we all *want* to believe we have unconditional love - but always, when there are expectations in a relationship, the possibility of the unconditional love breaking is there.

I believe I love my children unconditionally... However, if they were to harm another human being (not speaking self-defense) or rape a woman -- would I continue to love them unconditionally? Probably not. I would probably turn them in and they know this. Unconditional love would prevent me from doing the right thing (in this case.)

"I loved you unconditionally." Notice the 'ed - How many times have you heard this after a breaking relationship? Or even said this? If you loved me unconditionally, then you would still be loving me with the same unconditional love you claimed.

People by nature will place conditions on most everything. It is not a flaw or an imperfection - it just is.

Or maybe I am just not so romantic to believe in the notion.

I have never cheated on another person in my life -- Not because I loved them unconditionally, but because I loved them and respected them... But most importantly, because I love me and respect myself. I would not be able to do either, if I did.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #73
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I believe in unconditional love.
My Mother loved me unconditionally. My Father did not.
I love my daughter unconditionally even when she is being an ass. She's young. She's made some crazy choices, but that does not diminish my love for her. I tell her often that there is nothing ~ NOTHING ~ she can say or do to cause me to stop loving her......I believe there is a certain kind of confidence one gains when they know in their hearts that SOMEone loves them no matter what.

That doesn't mean that I will always LIKE her...<smile> But I will ALways love her.

There are several others in my life whom I love unconditionally. And they know it.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #74
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Yes there can be unconditional love as long as it's not abused in anyway just like many different levels of love.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #75
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

People often confuse love (an emotion) for behavior. You can love someone (emotion) and still leave them (behavior). You can (and people often do) love someone, despite the things they have done. You can still love someone who treats you badly, you can still love someone and be appalled at their behavior toward someone or something else. Loving someone does not mean putting up with their bullshit, or being okay with or forgiving everything they think, do, or say. Love is an emotion, and it can and does exist for some people outside of behavior.

"Unconditional love" means "I love you, no matter what". It doesn't imply love for eternity and it doesn't mean "I will always stay in a relationship with you, no matter what."

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2016, 10:12 PM   #76
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

No, not in my opinion, but this is my short and simple answer.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #77
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

No such thing as conditional love... not from humans anyway.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2016, 10:53 PM   #78
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

LOLOL lyte I can't stop laughing cause ur right not from humans soo if someone loves u like ur a puppy they love u unconditonaly lolol
Old 09-26-2016, 11:11 PM   #79
bmer

How Do You Identify?:
self
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

1 Highscore

bmer Has the BEST Reputationbmer Has the BEST Reputationbmer Has the BEST Reputationbmer Has the BEST Reputationbmer Has the BEST Reputationbmer Has the BEST Reputationbmer Has the BEST Reputationbmer Has the BEST Reputationbmer Has the BEST Reputationbmer Has the BEST Reputationbmer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
LOLOL lyte I can't stop laughing cause ur right not from humans soo if someone loves u like ur a puppy they love u unconditonaly lolol
As a mother. Yes there is such a thing as unconditional love. The rest of the world... I am still working on that.
bmer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bmer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2016, 11:32 PM   #80
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

There is nothing my daughter could do or be that would make me stop loving her...NOTHING.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: