Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Romance

Old 10-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #21
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

I, like others, would love to learn. Also like others, not much is offered around here. There's also the dilemma of finding someone to learn with....even if it's just a friend.

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #22
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

several years ago there was a class being taught in my community...it was held every friday and offered up something for those of us that do not enjoy the bar scene. I took this class so i could dance at my daughter's wedding, suffice it to say, i had no one to dance with at her wedding so the classes i think were more for me ...i learned a lot.

just dance

partner dancing is beautiful

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Needless to say, I LOVE dancing, couples dancing with a strong lead in particular. Once my life settles just a bit I'm going to start taking lessons even if I don't have a regular partner - Dancing has saved my life more than once and it still nourishes my soul in ways that nothing else can, even if I'm just dancing by myself.

There is a dance festival in NY every year that is very gay-friendly that I've wanted to go to for years. One of these days I'll make it there!
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #24
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

DWM. Which festival are you thinking of?
The one I've talked to you about before?

We have a large traditional dance community here and one of the cool parts of it is a lot of gender bending. Not necessarily about being attracted to the same sex, but that it's a place where the even some of the most traditional men bust out their skirts and dresses and dance with each other and the women dance with each other wearing whatever they want and taking turns leading how they please.

One of my closest friends and I were both partnered for years to soft butches who would not go dancing with us. We both loved the OFOS atmosphere at the traditional dances here, and would leave our partners at home and go dance with the men, snickering about it a lot, but having fun with the dancing part of it all. Too bad we never had any of the OFOS butches come to the dances but maybe someday there will be an infusion!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #25
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I love to lead my beautiful handsome Pete around the dance floor.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #26
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I love to lead my beautiful handsome Pete around the dance floor.
I'm so GLAD you said this, I tend to lead rather well in dance, I can follow but it's rare to find anyone who can dance salsa who can lead. Boy of beer takes great mental, vocal, and beat direction so we flow quite nice onna dance floor, if needed during a cumbia hy's secure enough to let me lead till he gets it.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #27
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I absolutely love to dance and slow dancing is my favorite. I think it can be so hot.

I can pretty much follow anyone but have to watch my tendency to lead.

I find butches don't like that much...

OMG this too!!!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #28
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Believe it or not there are allot of dance studios that teach same sex couples:

Locations: New York, Ohio, Mass, Many along the coast of California, Dallas, Chicago, Baltimore, DC, FL, CT, RI, PA, KS and many more.

some don't even require you to bring a partner*shrugs* seems its a growing thing here in the states...and more and more competitions are popping up every year.

of course for me it's just about dancing and having fun
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #29
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I absolutely love to dance and slow dancing is my favorite. I think it can be so hot.

I can pretty much follow anyone but have to watch my tendency to lead.

I find butches don't like that much...
Oh and I love west coast swing and lead during that too!

My first girl-friend, the femme (pre-butches), always had me lead and it is tough to let that go!

It is always my first inclination.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #30
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Dancing is a beautiful expression...I'm sure I would be the one leading. Lol
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #31
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I love love love to dance. I have always wanted to take lessons as well. I basically learned how to two-step and waltz at the local bars here and in TX. I wonder if at one of the reunions, they could have some dance lessons pre party or something like that. It would be fun for sure. Plenty of Butches and femmes around there to have a partner or two.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #32
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation

I'd be very willing to pay a lot of money to learn to do this. I expect I would have to make do with a partner and videos in my living room.
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Leonard For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #33
femmsational

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitch, but she will do
Relationship Status:
Spoiled beyond rotten!

Thanked 3,788 Times in 773 Posts
femmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, I miss dancing with a partner!!

When I lived in Texas there were all sorts of places to go to dance. Now here in lower Alabama, not so much. Wish we could find a place that the Brutal One could go learn, but they don't welcome his 'type.' LOL!!!!

I'm also one that tends to forget and try and lead. Drives people crazy:-)

Yes, I'm aware I can't spell, and no, I don't care quite enough to spell check. Sorry!!!
femmsational is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to femmsational For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #34
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Now if there were only lessons that could teach single butches and femmes not to be too shy to ask each other to dance. I was fine asking femmes to dance with me but didn't have the nerve to ask any butches to dance Lessons before the dance would make people feel less shy once they got to the actual dance, IMO
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #35
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
DWM. Which festival are you thinking of?
The one I've talked to you about before?
Yes that one! Though I think it's always just as my classes are starting in August?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #36
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's mid-February. Come!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #37
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Heck, let's have a reunion right there?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #38
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Heck, let's have a reunion right there?
Heck yeah! I've been wanting to go for years, send me the dates and let's make it happen!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #39
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

It's all here.

http://www.flurryfestival.org/

Yes, DWM, haven't you and I been talking about this for a few years now? It's time.
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #40
StoneOne
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
StoneOne
Preferred Pronoun?:
SyrDamon

Thanked 1,441 Times in 382 Posts
StoneOne Has the BEST ReputationStoneOne Has the BEST ReputationStoneOne Has the BEST ReputationStoneOne Has the BEST ReputationStoneOne Has the BEST ReputationStoneOne Has the BEST ReputationStoneOne Has the BEST ReputationStoneOne Has the BEST ReputationStoneOne Has the BEST ReputationStoneOne Has the BEST ReputationStoneOne Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Thanks for this
It just hit Me that I have forgotten to dance
I need to remedy that
It looks as tho alot of us have forgotten to dance
Two souls become
StoneOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StoneOne For This Useful Post: