Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #201
DJ Bear

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy, Papa, just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, sir, bro, hey you
Relationship Status:
Married to library_girl

DJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that if there is no communication the relationship is lost.
Also, when the sex stops, run, don't look back just run like hell.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #202
VuDu

How Do You Identify?:
Femme with a Wicked Twist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trouble Maker
Relationship Status:
My heart is my own

VuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST Reputation

That I should be just as important on that last day as I was on the first day.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #203
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned that love is not enough glue to hold a relationship together. I have learned that unless I love myself, no one else will love me the way I want to be loved. I have learned that I am worthy of love, and that I have a lot more value as a human being than I gave myself credit for. I have learned to listen to that infallible "voice" in my gut. It has never lied to me, and wants only the best for me. The biggest thing I have learned is that doing the same thing and expecting different results is the crazy-making stuff that made me put my life on hold for too long.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #204
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not sure if I posted this already, but it bears repeating. If someone tells you that you are too good for them....BELIEVE THEM!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #205
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Listen more than you talk

Observe their living quarters closely it speaks volumes about how they are n what they value

Pay attention to how they treat others (friend and stranger alike) soon you will receive the same treatment.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #206
s0litude

How Do You Identify?:
Transman - HRT / No Surgery
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single, but enjoying the journey....

Thanked 1,210 Times in 310 Posts
s0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputation
Default Nursing my wounds....

• No amount of gorgeous is worth a lifetime of bat-shit crazy. :-D
  • Never go into a relationship trying to change or fix someone OR allow yourself to become someone you're not. It never works. Seriously, if you feel the need to teach me how to iron, load the dishwasher, how you like your towels folded, fine... whatever. But me as a person, leave it alone. I'm not expecting you to change for me; I will not change for you. At the core, there has to be mutual respect.
  • Finances: HER money, YOUR money, OUR joint expenditures (budgeting). Seriously. It's just easier and less frustrating over time.
  • You can have a friendship after a break-up. If you were both honourable in your relations, then it is possible AFTER the pain and hurt subside and if you BOTH want it.

Robert Frost
s0litude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to s0litude For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 04:41 AM   #207
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

Always be yourself ~
Old 05-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #208
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
Always be yourself ~
And if you feel forced to be anything else in the relationship, run. If you cannot be your authentic self around your partner, you should not be together.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #209
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Just be kind. In the end, it's all that really matters.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #210
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know who wrote this and I'm google-lazy, but I think this sums it up:

You will carry this suture
Into the future
The past never passes
It simply amasses.

---------------

Also - there is probably no escape - you will likely see them again forever if you live in the same town. I dated a woman briefly back in 2005, and I still run into her. Thankfully, we get along great now, but there was a good year where it was pretty awkward.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #211
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lesson

I learned many positive things: How wonderful it feels to open your eyes and see her smiling face. How to say im sorry. To laugh together as well as cry. To listen and show compassion. To never have any regrets. How to give my heart to another. And after all is said and done remember the good times. Walk away with a smile as well as tears in your eyes. A broken heart does come back to life!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #212
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I learned a long time ago there are more sad songs (esp ctry & west.) than their are tears ~~~ ))))) ~~~
Old 05-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #213
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

I learned, that I need to date a mind reader.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #214
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that all that bullshit is true.
Find a good one and hold on.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2013, 03:07 AM   #215
s0litude

How Do You Identify?:
Transman - HRT / No Surgery
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single, but enjoying the journey....

Thanked 1,210 Times in 310 Posts
s0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputation
Default Crazy-Spotting

Some people are in love with the IDEA of being in love. They'd rather be with ANYONE (you aren't special) than be alone. Learn to spot them, to observe, so you can "dodge the bullet" and save yourself a world of hurt later. If you make an error on this "type", misjudge things, they will go on to the next person who pays them some attention while you're left reeling, wondering WTF happened.
  1. Learn to spot CRAZY.
  2. Run like hell.

Robert Frost
s0litude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to s0litude For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #216
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

Like Bonnie Raitt's song..I Can't Make You Love Me. it's true..You can't. Long hard lesson learned.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #217
chris1life

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, syr, he

chris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that when someone starts a conversation with "you know I really love you but..."don't let the finish the sentence pack their shit up and put it on the porch and change the locks. Another lesson is you never really know what's going on in someone else's head
chris1life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #218
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

i have learned if it is not working well let it go with no regret or heartbreak because it will become more painful. i have learned not to allow my emotional attachment to dictate truth. hen it is over it is over.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #219
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
vibing

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

A leopard doesn't change his spots just his excuses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #220
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Don't let people try and tell you who you are.

I've been out of the dating scene for quite some time, but this one stuck.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post: