Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 01-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #41
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bo View Post
He knew??? How do you know that??? Nobody knows that.
Show me your proof that he knew. If you HAVE any.

Just because YOU think he knew, that makes it true? That's just YOUR opinion.
Bo, have you seen any news coverage regarding Jerry Sandusky? In case you've somehow missed it, here's a pretty convincing report that Paterno "knew."

Even in the reports I've read announcing Joe Paterno's death have included the fact that he knew.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #42
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Where has it been proven???? He only knew when McQueary told him at his kitchen table.

If you know more than anybody else and have proof, please show me.

Wow.

He knew because McQuary came to him and told him.

That's not good enough for you?

It was good enough to get him fired.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #43
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Here is, in his own words. He knew.

I read that whole thing and I saw no where where Joe says he knew before McQueary told him. Can you please show me what paragraph you see it?
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~Bo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #44
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I read that whole thing and I saw no where where Joe says he knew before McQueary told him. Can you please show me what paragraph you see it?

Who is saying he knew before McQueary told him?

So, hmm for you it is the timing that matters?

I am not sure I can make sense of that. I am sorry, I am stopping here because you seem not only to be really aggressive about this, but unwilling to see the facts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #45
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
Bo, have you seen any news coverage regarding Jerry Sandusky? In case you've somehow missed it, here's a pretty convincing report that Paterno "knew."

Even in the reports I've read announcing Joe Paterno's death have included the fact that he knew.

Right......he knew when McQueary told him. He didn't know before that day.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #46
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Joe Paterno

Joe,

Death is sad. Whether it be the death of a person, the death of a reputation, or the death of an ideal.

To me, you will always be a coach with an unprecedented legacy, a legacy now tainted by the alledged predatory actions of one of your employees. I will never know what all occured during this hideous part of your history at Penn State. I dont know if anyone ever will cuz when people rush to cover their asses, the truth becomes a forgotten part of the process.

Joe, I dont blame you for what happened. What Jerry is accused of doing is horrid but you didnt do it. Jerry did. You had it dropped in your lap. Sometimes it is hard to know what to do in a situation. And sometimes even when you do what you should, it still wont be perceived, in hindsight, as the right thing or the best thing or enough. And you will be called many things for not having done more. What is worse is, every good thing you have done gets pushed aside because people need someone to blame, someone to be responsible, someone who dropped the ball in the scheme of things.

Joe, as someone who was responsible for protecting innocent kids, I have been there. And, I knew what to do and who to report it to, and put my career on the line more than once only to watch the system fail. And when the system failed, I failed. Sometimes, I didnt know what to do or the best thing to do. Sometimes, I maybe didnt act when I should have. I know, regardless, I agonized over it every step of the way. Some things still haunt me and they always will. But, nothing will haunt me more than the look in the eyes of a child I failed.

So, Joe, I am not going to judge you or call you names cuz I know what it is like. I'm just going to say thank you for the memories both good and not so good. Just seems like the right thing to do for another imperfect human being.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #47
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Right......he knew when McQueary told him. He didn't know before that day.

So, we're all agreed. He knew.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #48
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Wow.

He knew because McQuary came to him and told him.

That's not good enough for you?

It was good enough to get him fired.

That's what I said. He knew when McQueary told him. But you all are saying he knew before that.

And when McQueary told him, he reported it to his superior. Just like he was required to do.

So what is your beef?? Even the DA said Joe was legally right.

And yes.....I have read and heard all about the Sandusky case. I live in central PA. And I work for the PA Supreme Court and we're involved with the court hearings.
So yeah.......I DO know a little bit about it.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #49
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Joe,

Death is sad. Whether it be the death of a person, the death of a reputation, or the death of an ideal.

To me, you will always be a coach with an unprecedented legacy, a legacy now tainted by the alledged predatory actions of one of your employees. I will never know what all occured during this hideous part of your history at Penn State. I dont know if anyone ever will cuz when people rush to cover their asses, the truth becomes a forgotten part of the process.

Joe, I dont blame you for what happened. What Jerry is accused of doing is horrid but you didnt do it. Jerry did. You had it dropped in your lap. Sometimes it is hard to know what to do in a situation. And sometimes even when you do what you should, it still wont be perceived, in hindsight, as the right thing or the best thing or enough. And you will be called many things for not having done more. What is worse is, every good thing you have done gets pushed aside because people need someone to blame, someone to be responsible, someone who dropped the ball in the scheme of things.

Joe, as someone who was responsible for protecting innocent kids, I have been there. And, I knew what to do and who to report it to, and put my career on the line more than once only to watch the system fail. And when the system failed, I failed. Sometimes, I didnt know what to do or the best thing to do. Sometimes, I maybe didnt act when I should have. I know, regardless, I agonized over it every step of the way. Some things still haunt me and they always will. But, nothing will haunt me more than the look in the eyes of a child I failed.

So, Joe, I am not going to judge you or call you names cuz I know what it is like. I'm just going to say thank you for the memories both good and not so good. Just seems like the right thing to do for another imperfect human being.

Exactly. Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Bo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #50
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
So, we're all agreed. He knew.

Right. And when he was told, he reported it. So why are you all attacking him?? HE didn't abuse the kids. Sandusky did. So how does that make Joe a preditor?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #51
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow He's gross

Paterno's football "legacy" was built the backs of children who came from single parent homes, under priveledged kids that to him and any other classist POS person that stood by quietly knowing one of their own was/ is/ and would still be molesting children if he hadn't of been "retired".. Paterno kept his yap shut alllllll that power and position and his "right hand" continued to abuse children...

Not once did Paterno scream out HEY KIDS ARE BEING abused...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #52
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~ Bo, I said in my post I was going to stop. So I am going to kindly ask you to stop leaving me rep messages about this.

Thank you.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #53
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
~ Bo, I said in my post I was going to stop. So I am going to kindly ask you to stop leaving me rep messages about this.

Thank you.

Sure thing. And you please stop leaving them for me too. Thanks
Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #54
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Paterno's football "legacy" was built the backs of children who came from single parent homes, under priveledged kids that to him and any other classist POS person that stood by quietly knowing one of their own was/ is/ and would still be molesting children if he hadn't of been "retired".. Paterno kept his yap shut alllllll that power and position and his "right hand" continued to abuse children...

Not once did Paterno scream out HEY KIDS ARE BEING abused...

I don't understand what you're saying here, Snowy. It's going over my head.
But Joe has mentored hundreds of players and I've never heard any of them say anything bad about him.

I cannot see how you can say JoePA abused any kids.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #55
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow He should of went to the cops..

Quote:
I don't understand what you're saying here, Snowy. It's going over my head.
But Joe has mentored hundreds of players and I've never heard any of them say anything bad about him.

I cannot see how you can say JoePA abused any kids.

Bo, when keeps quiet about any kind of abuse against a child, when a person doesn't take their right hand man tithe side and ask WTF are you doing showering with children!, when a person in a position of power like Paterno turns a blind eye it harms kids and there are children that were harmed.

It's been reported that Paterno was fired for "covering up the incidents" and also failing to notify authorities and when he did he didn't tell the full truth, so if he hadn't of passed he may have been brought up on perjury charges.

That to me is just as bad as what Sandusky did, he and any other POS Penn State official who knew are just as guilty..

These children were abused under the Paterno watch, he is disgusting
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #56
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow PS

PS

I'm gonna shush now cause I feel really strong about child abusers and their enablers. Plus nothing anyone says will change my view of a POS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #57
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I am not happy that a man is dead, but seriously, I forgot how important football is to some people.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #58
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Evidently a patriarchal group of men thought football was more important than a group of young boys safety.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #59
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
PS

I'm gonna shush now cause I feel really strong about child abusers and their enablers. Plus nothing anyone says will change my view of a POS.

100% agree with you , I will not add fuel to the fire as I already see . I just say it's disgusting to me as well .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #60
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

Being from Happy Valley has gotten my blood boiling more than once on this case. If you believe everything from the media, then unfortunately our schools are not teaching enough. Without the facts people are making misinformed statements and flying off the handle and it still doesn't mean anything when tomorrow comes because none of this blabbering is changing the lives of the kids who were affected.

I know which side I stand on with this, but it does me no good to defend or crucify because ya know what? The kids lives are still altered whether you choose to argue this point or not.

As a side note...JoePa did report. The police dropped it!! They dropped the flippin' ball. The dead/missing DA even believed Sandusky was innocent. Of course if you knew all of the facts then you would have known a DA from here also turned up missing after the first allegation and his statement that he was cleared.

Second of all, the sick pervert Sandusky used his non-profit troubled kids agency as a way to find young boys and yes most of them were underprivileged or poor. I actually have friends in the Mental Health field who sent young troubled boys to that agency and you have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how much guilt those persons feel today to know these kids lives were already screwed up and they sent them into the possible hands of a monster. People are too busy looking to JoePa because of his name and status in the college, but guess what JoePa had a superior too. In case you forgot he was fired. He was the middleman, but yet his superiors are not taking this heat. His superiors Failed. Why are they not the targets of this crime as well? The higher ups in a university that I attended failed miserably. They failed the community, the college students and staff, and MOST importantly the children. RIP JoePa. Nobody knows the turmoil you lived and the communications you had with God before your time was done here on Earth. It's time for us to live in the solution not the problem. So RIP.
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post: