Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 10-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Scrappy L'il Southpaw

How Do You Identify?:
Woman Full of Surprises
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unchallenged Bedhog

Scrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST Reputation
Default When you're down, what do you do to pick yourself up?

"When you're down and out, feeling small"

Enough song quoting... I can do that all day!

When you're feeling low or blue or in a funk or sad...whatever, not quite yourself, what do you do to pick yourself up?

It doesn't have to be huge. Sometimes it may redirect you for only a little while but it helps you to not continue to revolve in the doldrums.

For myself, today I popped in Disney's version of Rodger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella and I played "The Sweetest Sounds" repeatedly until I decided it was enough. I love that song and it had been on my mind. The entire movie makes me smile.
Scrappy L'il Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scrappy L'il Southpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I force myself into the shower, and then throw myself out of the house to go to the grocery, for example. Cleaning also helps. Sometimes watching a funny DVD, or listening to pick-me-up music.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I usually go shopping for new clothes.

It makes me feel good when I look good.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I pray

Watch Rocky Horror

Call a friend

Go for a walk

Drive with my sun roof open and Paradise City playing really loud

Go to accupuncture

Get a mani/pedi

Read something uplifting

And yes, listen to Disney Music like Bed Knobs and Brooksticks, Mary Poppins or Aristocats

Great thread idea, can't wait to see what suggestions appear.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I go outdoors. I feel the sun on my back, or the wind on my cheek. I watch the clouds or the trees or the birds. Basically, I get out of my head.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I have a few feel good songs that make me happy just in listening to them.

I play with make-up.

I plan my next event at the club-details keep me entertained.

I text/call my best butch friend.

I take a short walk---or a long bath.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Have to agree with Liam, just getting out in the air usually gives me a lift. A walk with my pooch usually helps a lot. I start getting silly and focused on him and his cuteness and stress begins to decline.

When my spa was working, that was a way for me to kick back, relax and allow my muscles to let go. That helped, too.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I think complete and total distraction is the name of the game for me.

Having an involved conversation with someone (not just the uh huh and ok type conversation) this is even more effective if it involves leaving the house - even though I hate doing such.

Playing a MMORPG - (I can't help it, I can't think about more than the game with 12 billion things going on at once)

Reading a very interesting and high tempo book

Adjusting my meds

Doing some projects around the house

treadmill! (with music blasting)

and last but not least - making sure I am not avoiding an issue. Face it, acknowledge it, grieve it if need be, then start the process of moving on.
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I call a close friend or start texting her .. That almost always works she can get me laughing just by a few lines. "smiles"
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

For so many, MANY years when i was married to a bio man i was so lost, went through such depression and felt there was no escape.

This song honestly saved my life, more times than i can count. I used to sing it in the shower and cry and cry. I would come out of my shower feeling strong again.

Sometimes there is a song, a movie, a certain friend that can help pull you out of dark times.

Hold on for one more day and things will go your way...that is how i deal with the down times.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

If a good cry is needed, I sit and have a good one. I do Yoga, go for a walk, dance to music - even when I'm on crutches, I'll do a Waltz or Foxtrot. For me, it's about releasing the energy making me feel down or irritated - if that makes sense?

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #12
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I usually go shopping for new clothes.

It makes me feel good when I look good.
Gotta love retail therapy
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
Scrappy L'il Southpaw

How Do You Identify?:
Woman Full of Surprises
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unchallenged Bedhog

Scrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
For so many, MANY years when i was married to a bio man i was so lost, went through such depression and felt there was no escape.

This song honestly saved my life, more times than i can count. I used to sing it in the shower and cry and cry. I would come out of my shower feeling strong again.

Sometimes there is a song, a movie, a certain friend that can help pull you out of dark times.

Hold on for one more day and things will go your way...that is how i deal with the down times.

That is a great song! I'm so glad you said "dark times." That encompasses so much and some people just don't get that it can be so much more than being sad and crying all the time.

During a similar time for me, my song was Destiny Child's Survivor. (grammar aside, you have to make it work with the music sometimes).

I'm a Survivor. I'm not gon' give up. I'm not gon' stop. I will work harder.
I'm a Survivor. I'm gonna make it. I will survive. Keep on survivin'.

Positive music or very expressive music is always very helpful.

When I'm emotional, I like the music LOUD!!!! If I'm pissed (at self or others) and trying to shake it and calm myself, LOUD music in the car is the best! Something with either a lot of guitar or a lot of bass or excellent harmonies so I can sing along. Whatever it is, it has to be passionate! Bryan Adams is good for harmonies and guitar.

I used to clear the furniture from the floor and dance. Usually something slow and expressive like Sarah McLachlan's Angel. I haven't done that in YEARS. I have the space for it now so I can take it back up.

Singing is also very therapeutic for me especially if I can get something new and challenging and conquer it. I can blow off steam AND add a new song to my repertoire.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scrappy L'il Southpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
Scrappy L'il Southpaw

How Do You Identify?:
Woman Full of Surprises
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unchallenged Bedhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I go outdoors. I feel the sun on my back, or the wind on my cheek. I watch the clouds or the trees or the birds. Basically, I get out of my head.
Liam - the sun always feels great on my skin. If I had a place to sunbathe in the nude I would no matter what my mood!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scrappy L'il Southpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

It sounds completely OCD, and I'm sure it could be classified as such...but when I'm down sometimes I will feel almost instantly better when I clean. I totally get into my head and get lost in a zone that helps me sort through what's at the root of my sadness. The same thing goes for working outside in the yard. I can have little conversations in my brain and simultaneously work stuff through that can get stuck on a cellular level. Generally though, a good talk with my partner, some snuggle time with her and my girls, sometimes a good cry...and I'm all set!

And if all else fails, I have a heart to heart with my mom. She wasn't always the best mom but now that she's gone she's a fantastic listener!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

RiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST Reputation

I go fishing then hopefully have a cold beer while I clean said fish that I caught. By the time I clean up the mess, I am usually over whatever had me down.

River
RiverBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RiverBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I listen to speed metal...lol

Normally, I will stick my headphones on, grab my camera and tripod, and head out on a hike. The music plus the beauty of nature can really put things in perspective for me and cheer me up.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I bought fifteen Hershey's Symphony bars yesterday at the drugstore and shot up right in the parking lot.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #19
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

I like to hide things around the house that I know people will need to look for, and then when they start looking I say, "I'll help!", and then I find it almost immediately. It makes me feel good to have helped them out that way, you know?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Music has a huge influence on me. I will listen to it and either play online or watch something that is super fluffy, so I don't have to think. Thinking is where most of my stress comes from. The last thing I need is to do something that will make me more stressful or sad.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: