Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default You Know That Saying ... (T/F?)

"Red sky in morning, sailor take warning;
Red sky at night, sailor's delight," ~ Sailor's Proverb.

For the most part, I think this saying is true. But I've seen some awesome sunrise's in startling shades of pinks or reds, yet the day remains exceptionally beautiful. I think what the saying infers is that we remain aware of our surroundings. I think an added caveat would be that anything is possible, so enjoy life, be cognizant of our present state of mind, and cherish our delights.

New fun & fluff game:

A) List an colloquial saying; and then,
B) state whether you think it's true or false and then state why you think it's true or false.
C) Have fun, enjoy! : )
Old 01-23-2017, 04:20 PM   #2
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,587 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

"If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass hoppin'."

VERDICT: FALSE. Wings are used for flying, not hopping. If the frog's ass bumped before he got wings, it will also bump after. Some frogs may have sad bony little asses that never got bumped, but some individuals (I'm looking at you, Kardashian frogs) may find that their asses bump no matter what they do. Your mileage may vary
Old 06-25-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

For the most part, I think this saying is true. But I've seen some awesome sunrise's in startling shades of pinks or reds, yet the day remains exceptionally beautiful. I think what the saying infers is that we remain aware of our surroundings. I think an added caveat would be that anything is possible, so enjoy life, be cognizant of our present state of mind, and cherish our delights.

New fun & fluff game:

B) state whether you think it's true or false and then state why you think it's true or false.
Once I heard a weather man explain what the real reason was behind pink skies at night and pink skies in morning but SCREW him! I think it's true too
Old 06-25-2017, 05:50 PM   #4
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish and he eats for life.............

I think it's so true..........now if the man was hungry before he learned how to fish, I'd still give him one.

Sidebar: In this country of wealth I think it's criminal to have our citizens eating out of garbage cans! I had a neighbor back in Milwaukee (a retired gentleman) who must of lived on a very small stipend from either SS or his pension! Often he would make the rounds in the mall where I worked checking for discarded food. It would break my heart to see this.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:52 PM   #5
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words.........

Yes, I believe this is true.....
Old 06-25-2017, 05:53 PM   #6
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Silence Speaks Volume..........

SO true and especially if one is given "the look" at the same time
Old 06-25-2017, 05:54 PM   #7
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

A Stitch In Time Saves Nine.................

Yup again so true....................
Old 10-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #8
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Hi Katzchen! It's actually a piece of weather knowledge that,appears in the Bible, and has some validity anywhere where the weather in the main comes in from the west. See https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learnin...d-sky-at-night for a proper explanation.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #9
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Third Time’s A Charm".........

Meaning the third time you do something it will finally work.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #10
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Not Born Yesterday"

Experienced, not naive or easily fooled.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"I Might Of Been Born At Night, Just Not Last Night".........

Very similar to the above post. Conveying to someone you're not that naive!
Old 10-23-2017, 10:25 AM   #12
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
"I Might Of Been Born At Night, Just Not Last Night".........

Very similar to the above post. Conveying to someone you're not that naive!
see these gray hairs, they aren't premature.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #13
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Have Been Around The Block.......

To have experience, either in a particular area or in one's life overall.

A person who has had sexual relations numerous times before.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #14
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
"Not Born Yesterday"

Experienced, not naive or easily fooled.
One of my favorite sayings, for sure!!!

<<<<<<~~ I say this a lot, to people who presume I am an wallflower (or some such thing).
Old 11-06-2017, 10:25 AM   #15
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:

New fun & fluff game:

This is my favorite colloquial saying, the Sailor's Proverb:

Red sky in morning, Sailor take warning.
Red sky at night, Sailor's delight.

_____ ______
Old 11-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #16
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Better safe, than sorry. (one of my favorite sayings)

Definitely true.

Is this how we play now? Just checking.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:32 PM   #17
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Better safe, than sorry. (one of my favorite sayings)

Definitely true.

Is this how we play now? Just checking.
Yup, and often times I don't even answer if it's true or false........
Old 11-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #18
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Be-careful What You Wish For, You Just Might Get It"...........

If you get things that you desire, there may be unforeseen and unpleasant consequences.

This can also be a double edge sword meaning if you wish for something if the wish is granted you may regret getting it after all in the long run.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:38 PM   #19
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Sweep Something Under The Rug/Carpet"...............

Meaning to hide something damaging or unpleasant and try to keep it secret.
Closed Thread