Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #4681
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

I am doing weight watchers, and it has been super successful for me. Unfortunately, right now, I have two relationships ending at the same time, so I've lost about 30 pounds in six weeks from the stress, which is too fast. I need to slow it down so it is sustainable and I can maintain it.
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #4682
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

What is Keto? I have been using the LoseIt App and I plan my meals for dinner with it. Since I walk about 7.5 hours a day at work, I have been accruing a lot of calories. So far, I am down almost 8,000 calories for the week.

Thank you!

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
have you tried Keto? It will melt off i tell ya.......
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #4683
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
have you tried Keto? It will melt off i tell ya.......

I've done keto in the past as a meat eater. Can you do keto as a vegetarian or vegan?
Old 07-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #4684
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I've done keto in the past as a meat eater. Can you do keto as a vegetarian or vegan?
I dont see how unless there is sonething i don't know....
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2017, 09:31 AM   #4685
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmeh View Post
What is Keto? I have been using the LoseIt App and I plan my meals for dinner with it. Since I walk about 7.5 hours a day at work, I have been accruing a lot of calories. So far, I am down almost 8,000 calories for the week.

Thank you!

Zimmeh

Its basically Atkins... if you are a meat eater like me its perfect...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2017, 07:36 PM   #4686
apollo

How Do You Identify?:
genderless butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them

apollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputationapollo Has the BEST Reputation

Well I got a physical today and I weight 20 pounds less than last year. I didn't think I would lose that much but little things add up, like reducing carbs and portions. I need to start gaining some muscle though my arms are weak
Bigotry against transgendered people is a deadly carcinogen. We are pitted against each other in order to keep us from seeing each other as allies. Genuine bonds of solidarity can be forged between people who respect each other's differences and are willing to fight their enemy together. We are the class that does the work of the world, and can revolutionize it. We can win true liberation.
apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apollo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2017, 03:38 AM   #4687
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo View Post
Well I got a physical today and I weight 20 pounds less than last year. I didn't think I would lose that much but little things add up, like reducing carbs and portions. I need to start gaining some muscle though my arms are weak
Yes it works! Losing the carbs changes the body thats for sure!
Old 07-27-2017, 06:32 AM   #4688
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I just bumped the High Protein/Low carb thread.

It is chock-full of terrific recipes and great information on low carb and paleo.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #4689
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I've lost 8.4 lbs since July 17th. I've been trying to walk 5 miles a day and eating better. I cut out pop and sweets plus cutting back on carbs.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #4690
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Yes, you can. A Ketogenic Diet is a diet that is low in carbohydrates, high in fat, and has a moderate level of protein.

Download a sample Keto Diet plan and customize to your liking.

Good luck!
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2017, 06:25 AM   #4691
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I have lost 15 lbs since July 17th. I have 8.2 lbs to go to reach my first goal. I've cut out pop and candy totally. I've cut back on carbs. It's hard to eat as healthy as I would like since I live with my mother. She fries most everything and there's always lots of potatoes and carbs. I do my best though. I did eat 2 m & m cookies on Wednesday (so I guess I can't say all candy). I feel guilty so I walked 2 extra miles that day. I was hoping to be at my first goal by my birthday on Thursday. I wanted to be able to put my first goal weight on my driver license. I am not sure if that's possible. I'm going to do my best!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #4692
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Since watching calories/cutting slightly back on carbs wasn't making a difference, decided drastic dietary changes were in order/began in earnest yesterday. Wound up sleeping 16 hours, woke early this morning to leg cramps and worst headache I've had since brain surgery. From what I've read sleep only prolongs these symptoms. It's advised to resist urge to go back to bed so to help stay awake drank coffee, to combat cramping had bouillon. Surprisingly it did help. Fortunately I've been slowly working up to this change or no telling how wanting to rip fistfuls of my hair out and scream this induction phase would be making me. Don't understand why I'm so tired despite reducing carbs. Usually if I eat a lot of carbs it knocks me right out. Anyhow I'm envying Monte right now. He got to stay up late, party unchecked most of the night, play outside all full of energy this morning, overeat, zonk out and sleep all afternoon – he's still asleep. Well maybe some more coffee and dinner a bit earlier than usual. Seems this change is turning me into a real whiner – I hate that, I don't much like, care for people who whine a lot and it now it seems I'm turning into one.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 06:38 AM   #4693
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

I am now down 21.4 lbs since July 17th. I have 1.8 lbs to go before hitting my first goal. I should have already reached that goal but unfortunately I have been slacking the last couple weeks. Better late than never though!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 06:46 AM   #4694
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
I am now down 21.4 lbs since July 17th. I have 1.8 lbs to go before hitting my first goal. I should have already reached that goal but unfortunately I have been slacking the last couple weeks. Better late than never though!
This is great !!!
Old 09-15-2017, 06:48 AM   #4695
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Quote:
This is great !!!
Thanks Dee!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 06:48 AM   #4696
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i need to get on a scale but I know it won't be good. I don't feel comfortable in my clothes, I know I could've doing better.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #4697
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Exercise-wise I'd thoroughly reccomend trying Pilates, which can be done at home with just an exercise mat, and doesn't require one to be a complete bendy-wendy in order to get real benefits from it. Yes, once you've got the hang of some basic moves, there are some bits of kit that can help increase the effectiveness of some exercises, but they are absolutely not essential. Most of the benefit from Pilates is by using your own body parts as the weights you are moving, and it's no-impact exercise.

With regard to food, I tried cutting stuff out, avoiding stuff, etc, and generally that only had temporary and limited success. What worked better for me was simply reducing portion sizes, and the frequency with which I'd treat myself, plus tilting my diet towards more protein, somewhat less carbs, and quite a bit less sugars. Whilst I'm not (currently) vegetarian (I have been for months at a time in the past), probably about 2/3 of my protein intake is in the form of 'fake meats' - I simply like their taste, and actually prefer their texture to the real thing.

Also, having ones biggest meal at breakfast, a somewhat smaller meal at lunchtime, and smallest one in the evening, plus healthy snacks (eg: rice cakes or crispbreads with cottage cheese, rather than the 'healthy' munchy bars full of carbs and sugars one can buy) inbetween is a thing that I've tried and seems to help me, plus directly after exercise (within the next hour or two) is definitely the best time to consume protein. Oh, and making sure to stay reasonably hydrated, that's very important, both because it ensures your kidneys can function well, and because the fluid fills you up. Water is perfect for this, most commercial 'hydration' drinks are simply not worth it, and skimmed milk is, believe it or not, just about the best thing you can drink after exercise, as it rehydrates you, provides some protein, and some useful vitamins.

I am not a guru on this though - a lot of my information on food comes from an excellent book on sports nutrition that I purchased when I still had some hope of turning myself into an athlete, and the rest from trainers I've had contact with at a couple of gyms.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #4698
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

I struggle with food addiction. I go to a 12-step program and have a sponsor but have not had sustained abstinence for a while now. For me that means bouts of binge eating which makes losing weight difficult. I have lost 30 lbs total since January but it's been a slow process.

Right now I'm working on using coping skills instead of running to food when I'm stressed. My eating plan is based on counting calories and staying away from food triggers.

For exercise I'm walking 3 or 4 days a week in my neighborhood. There are a lot of other folks out walking so it feels safe.

This is a great thread. Thanks for sharing everyone.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #4699
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
Hey, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is very impressive Wrangler!
Old 09-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #4700
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
I struggle with food addiction. I go to a 12-step program and have a sponsor but have not had sustained abstinence for a while now. For me that means bouts of binge eating which makes losing weight difficult. I have lost 30 lbs total since January but it's been a slow process.

Right now I'm working on using coping skills instead of running to food when I'm stressed. My eating plan is based on counting calories and staying away from food triggers.

For exercise I'm walking 3 or 4 days a week in my neighborhood. There are a lot of other folks out walking so it feels safe.

This is a great thread. Thanks for sharing everyone.

I always eat when I'm stressed..... I know I have a food addiction and have for pretty much all my life. I looked into Overeaters Anonymous at one time but my work schedule conflicted with the meetings. I should check into it now that I only work weekends....