Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #61
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

*bumpity bump bump*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #62
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

I may have missed it, but does anyone know of a black or dark brown liquid or cream eyeliner that will stay on my eyelids rather than migrate underneath them? I've been using that Smashbox cream liner, which goes on beautifully but doesn't stay put.

Ideally one I can find at Sephora, because that's where I'm headed after work.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #63
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I just read some great reviews/recommendations for this company in both product and price (some amazing deals, really)

www.eyeslipsface.com

In particular, these were the products that a bunch of women were raving about:

--studio matte eyeshadow
--makeup mist and set
--matte lip color

I haven't tried any of their products yet, but I do have some items already in the shopping cart!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #64
CaliFemmeGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Still Searching For The One That Makes My Heart Skip A Beat

CaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST ReputationCaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST ReputationCaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST ReputationCaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST ReputationCaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST ReputationCaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST ReputationCaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST ReputationCaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST ReputationCaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST ReputationCaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST ReputationCaliFemmeGirl Has the BEST Reputation

I have very sensitive skin and I have tried so many different department store lines of makeup. The only one that looks fabulous and does not irritate my skin is Clinique's line of makeup. One of the other things I really like about their products is that they are light and do not look like I have tons of makeup on. A little of their foundation covers my skin perfectly and I absolutely love their Pink Chocolate lipstick. For my fingernails and toenails, I love Chanel's line of nailpolish.
CaliFemmeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaliFemmeGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #65
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_woo View Post
I may have missed it, but does anyone know of a black or dark brown liquid or cream eyeliner that will stay on my eyelids rather than migrate underneath them? I've been using that Smashbox cream liner, which goes on beautifully but doesn't stay put.

Ideally one I can find at Sephora, because that's where I'm headed after work.
Primer potion and the creame or liquid liner from Urban Decay won't budge....

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #66
G Snap!

How Do You Identify?:
gay. I'm very happy, thank you!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Chefhmboyrd's seeing eye blonde

Thanked 1,109 Times in 229 Posts
G Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default make UP!

Yey, another makeup thread!

I just have to - have to - get on the soap box and brag about the new makeup brush sets I gots!
They're from sigma beauty, I got the essential set and the premium set, the premium set came with this cool zipper case that's huge but both sets fit in there. I had to have them. They are awesome.....!!! I want more...
G Snap! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G Snap! For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #67
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

I fell in love with Pur Minerals makeup. I use the powder foundation, it has Shae butter in it so my skin does not dry out and it leaves a nice dewy look to my skin. It is one of the only mineral makeups that does not settle into creases or rub off. My one true love is Loreal Volumnous maskara in Carbon Black(waterproof). That stuff will stay on in a hurricane!

Anyone know of a good lipstain? One that will stay on for a long time. Lipstick just melts off quickly so I prefer the stains, but some of those come off also.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #68
Babyangeleyez

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Babyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST Reputation

Ever since I started wearing make up in the 8th grade many, many years ago, I have been looking for a foundation & powder that didn't look like I was "melting" after an hour. For the last 5 years I have been using Physicians Formula mineral make up even though I still had the same result. I had just given up.....Until recently. I have discovered Rimmel London products. Love it!! I use the Fix & Perfect Pro Primer, Clean Finish Matte liquid foundation, and Stay Matte pressed powder. I no longer look like I'm melting and at the end of a work day it still looks decent. Its cheap and I have love the results. Now, as for mascara...I love NYC Sky Rise in Extreme Black. I found it in the Dollar General for $2.00. I have bought everything from expensive mascara to the cheap Wet n Wild brand for .99 and the NYC one is fab for me. I'm gonna start buying a few extra to keep on stock pile in case they stop carrying it.
Babyangeleyez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyangeleyez For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #69
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
captured....

pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femminator View Post
I fell in love with Pur Minerals makeup. I use the powder foundation, it has Shae butter in it so my skin does not dry out and it leaves a nice dewy look to my skin. It is one of the only mineral makeups that does not settle into creases or rub off. My one true love is Loreal Volumnous maskara in Carbon Black(waterproof). That stuff will stay on in a hurricane!

Anyone know of a good lipstain? One that will stay on for a long time. Lipstick just melts off quickly so I prefer the stains, but some of those come off also.
Best lip stain I've found is from Benefit. Benefit works like magic. I've used Urban Decay's tints and not been at all happy. I have also use Maybelline and been more happy tha UD and less happy than Benefit. The bonus of Benetint is it doubles as a cheek stain.

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
Old 09-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #70
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
captured....

PS-- Urban Decay has their lipstick on sale for $3 and their vintage formula eyeshadows for $6. Both are a smashing deal.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #71
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

I was gifted a wonderful mani/pedi today. After 2 days of cooking and sweating up a storm in the kitchen it was fantastic. Fantastic color combination was chosen...

Nails: Opi's See you later sailor

Toes: Opi's Austin-tatious turquoise
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #72
MsBluem

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones are fine
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 1,845 Times in 372 Posts
MsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone use those monthly sample services like Birchbox?

As a femme on a budget, this is the best thing ever.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:30 AM   #73
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I use eyeliner by Almay (bronze) because my eyes need hypoallergenic products and it stays where I put it.

Burt's Bees lip tint is what I normally choose for my lips because it's organic, natural, and it feels good on my lips and is not messy -it wears well and is long lasting.

Red Dahlia is the latest shade I've been using. I bought like all the rubes they had in this shade because I hate to run out of good lip tint/lip balm.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #74
cookie-face

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

cookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputation

Priming. Priming eyelids with Elf Eyelid Primer and my face with Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer took my make-up to the next level- it really kept my make-up from going wonky midday.

I was using gel-eyeliner, which is super bold and really stands out against my brown skin, but it kept transferring to my eyelid and making me look like I got punched in the eye. Then I discovered that if I patted on a bit of translucent powder, the liner could last up to 6 hours without running or fading a lot.

And of course, I couldn't live without my Japanese gyaru lashes. They really transform my eyes in a way that just mascara couldn't.

Learning how to contour my face was also one of the best things I could have learned.
“I myself have seen this woman draw the stars from the sky; she diverts the course of a fast-flowing river with her incantations; her voice makes the earth gape, it lures the spirits from the tombs, send the bones tumbling from the dying pyre. At her behest, the sad clouds scatter; at her behest, snow falls from a summer's sky.”
― Catullus
cookie-face is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cookie-face For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #75
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,810 Times in 448 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie-face View Post
Priming. Priming eyelids with Elf Eyelid Primer and my face with Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer took my make-up to the next level- it really kept my make-up from going wonky midday.

I was using gel-eyeliner, which is super bold and really stands out against my brown skin, but it kept transferring to my eyelid and making me look like I got punched in the eye. Then I discovered that if I patted on a bit of translucent powder, the liner could last up to 6 hours without running or fading a lot.

And of course, I couldn't live without my Japanese gyaru lashes. They really transform my eyes in a way that just mascara couldn't.

Learning how to contour my face was also one of the best things I could have learned.
I have not long started using eye primer too, it makes quite a difference, I was impressed.

Anyone tried lip scrub...what did you think ? I use a lot of lip balm and wondered if this would be good or maybe a waste of money and I should just use my face exfoliater on my lips too.

DC
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2015, 10:43 AM   #76
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,506 Times in 10,197 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
I have not long started using eye primer too, it makes quite a difference, I was impressed.

Anyone tried lip scrub...what did you think ? I use a lot of lip balm and wondered if this would be good or maybe a waste of money and I should just use my face exfoliater on my lips too.

DC
Dont spend money on one, you can use a little sugar, honey, itty bit of olive oil to make your own. Every now and then, it feels really good and the taste isn't bad.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2015, 11:49 AM   #77
Daniela

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 5,242 Times in 1,243 Posts
Daniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie-face View Post

I haven't found an eye primer that I like, but I use this smashbox primer and it works really well. Even if you try really hard to sweat all your makeup off, it won't let you.

And this eyeliner is amazing. I received it in a birchbox and it's the best I've ever used. It works really well for tightlining your eyes (getting between the lashes).

Daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniela For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2015, 12:32 PM   #78
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,810 Times in 448 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Dont spend money on one, you can use a little sugar, honey, itty bit of olive oil to make your own. Every now and then, it feels really good and the taste isn't bad.

Thank you !!!

This looks brilliant....I`ll let you know how I get on. X

DC
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #79
cookie-face

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

cookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputationcookie-face Has the BEST Reputation

Okay... can't be the only weirdo who likes Gyaru make-up...

I just love that dolly, big-eyed look. But I'm too scared to buy the circle lenses *le sigh*
“I myself have seen this woman draw the stars from the sky; she diverts the course of a fast-flowing river with her incantations; her voice makes the earth gape, it lures the spirits from the tombs, send the bones tumbling from the dying pyre. At her behest, the sad clouds scatter; at her behest, snow falls from a summer's sky.”
― Catullus
cookie-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #80
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

I live less than 3 miles from a Sephora and a Ulta. So, I have tried lots of stuff. I used to love Bad Gal mascara but it's costly, so I have tried lots of different ones and found out that I really really like Covergirl Lashblast Fusion in blackest black. It's awesome, It's tied with my Loreal Carbon Black. NYX has a great undereye cover that has a peach color base(works much better that yellow coverstick to cover up under eye circles) and has vit E in it so it is smooth going on.

Also, I tightline now, but I put my mascara on first and then tightline. I can see where the dots of color have to go and it keeps me from overdoing the liner. I like the natural eye and red lipstick look they wore in the 40's. I don't use black eyeliner but those darn salespeople always look at my naturally black lashes and sable brown hair and try to get me to wear black. I am way too old to look that harsh. I use a grey/slate, a dark purple or black-brown. It makes my brown eyes pop!