The Femme Zone For all things "Femme"

Old 05-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #121
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,857 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Hugh?

Ok...my dirty mind. please forgive...i see...femmezone...Nail me...and all i can think is...Ok. can i?
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #122
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Had my nails done today! LOVE the new color I'm trying - It's OPI "Lincoln Park After Dark" and is a delicious shade of vampirella bloody-black. It's almost a cigar color.

I found an example out on the interwebz:

Needless to say, LOVE the Fall/Winter colors! Deep reds, dark mahoganies, plums, even blacks and grays!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #123
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I just painted mine, Black Cherry Chutney, OPI.

I love fall colors!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #124
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post

I just painted mine, Black Cherry Chutney, OPI.

I love fall colors!

NICE! I love that color and LOVE the shimmer! I'll have to look for that the next time I go get mine done
Old 01-02-2014, 01:23 AM   #125
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

there's already been plenty of great advice here so I don't really need to add to it except to say if you want instant glam talons... or even just durable, pretty nails... consider acrylics or gel nails... I have two inch long talons and I love them... I am all about nail art... the next level of accessorising... you can see my work at getnailedau.tumblr.com ... acrylics and gels are strong and tough and you can custom size and shape them easily... so good!
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #126
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I might be having a bit of shock.

I cut my nails down last night after wearing them super-duper long for the last couple of years. (like, close to an inch long at times)
I wanted to give my nails some time to rest before I start up with the overlays again so, for now, it's going to be all about shape and nourishing and painting them all sorts of fun colors.

*sigh* My nails grow fast so it won't be long before they are talons again but needless to say... HUGE change.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #127
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i am SO overdue for a Pedi... and i may actually get a mani for the first time in about 10 years .....one day.. maybe...
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #128
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

My nails grow fast, long, and strong but any nail polish i put on makes them brittle (and also gets extremely chipped before i can ever find time to touch it up.)

My solution is this:

The cream is KEY!!! If you get the buffing cream and use it with a chamois buffer, your nails literally look like you're wearing several coats a clear top coat

And it needs zero drying time

Kind of a lot of elbow grease though
Old 07-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #129
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I cut my nails down last night after wearing them super-duper long for the last couple of years. (like, close to an inch long at times)
I wanted to give my nails some time to rest before I start up with the overlays again so, for now, it's going to be all about shape and nourishing and painting them all sorts of fun colors.

*sigh* My nails grow fast so it won't be long before they are talons again but needless to say... HUGE change.
I cut mine down the other day too because they were actually starting to hurt, a lot of sensitivity under the nail and as soon as they were cut back they were comfortable again. I`m far more adventurous with colours when my nails are shorter.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 06:15 PM   #130
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i am SO overdue for a Pedi... and i may actually get a mani for the first time in about 10 years .....one day.. maybe...
If the two of you are up for something new....at least to me....maybe consider trying the dip powder nails.

I also cut my nails really short...and they also grow super fast so it won't be long before I'll be doing this again....but I just got a new type of mani with the dipping powder and it was unusual. So far, it's got PERFECT coverage...no missed cracks or crevices and it's smooth as a baby's bottom. Nice and shiny too. The color I chose is like a greenish ocean color and it has a little sparkle to it, which I love. Supposedly, these will last as long as, if not longer, than typical gel fills. Also, it's much better for the environment and they apply vitamin enriched sealants to the nail so it's better for your nails too. Here are the benefits.

The 'air dry' is, literally, 5 minutes and it's bone dry.

It's only a smidge more than my usual mani too.

The ONLY thing I have to say that isn't all 'hip hop hooray' about it is that sometimes, when I push against the side of my nails, it feels a little like a gel that's loosening its bond. Not bad, per se, as all seems well. Just a little weird. I feel like the kid who is pushing on the back of her loose tooth from time to time but the mani is holding up very well so far and it's been several days since I had it done.

NuGenesis Dip Powder Nails

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 07-11-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #131
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chained Daisy View Post
I cut mine down the other day too because they were actually starting to hurt, a lot of sensitivity under the nail and as soon as they were cut back they were comfortable again. I`m far more adventurous with colours when my nails are shorter.
You too, Daisy, if the dipping powder manis are offered where you are.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #132
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
You too, Daisy, if the dipping powder manis are offered where you are.
I have never heard of this....I am so old fashioned ! I will check it out Gemme, thanks for sharing.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 02:35 AM   #133
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,092 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Any advice on weak, splitting, nails?

I used to have lovely strong nails, which I'd shaped since my teens, before I went on HRT (I'm MTF), but within a couple of years of being on HRT my nails had become weak and prone to getting little nicks and tears in them, which can be painful

If anyone has any advice for how to best look after such nails, to strengthen them, I'm all ears! (NB: I'm not averse to painting stuff onto my nails, but I'm not interested in wearing false nails. )
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:19 AM   #134
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
I used to have lovely strong nails, which I'd shaped since my teens, before I went on HRT (I'm MTF), but within a couple of years of being on HRT my nails had become weak and prone to getting little nicks and tears in them, which can be painful

If anyone has any advice for how to best look after such nails, to strengthen them, I'm all ears! (NB: I'm not averse to painting stuff onto my nails, but I'm not interested in wearing false nails. )
hi!

i am sure some of the more experienced folks will chime in but..

i have weak nails too.. they *tear* . i bit them my entire life (gross i know) and recently just got (my first) manicure. i don't want false nails so i have french tips on my natural nails, because i like the clean look and i don't know what they put on them, but they feel hard as nails!
i am actually using them.

look at me talking like a girl............
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 04:05 AM   #135
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
hi!
(laughing) aww thank you dear! I'll still happily listen if you want to talk like some other kind of entity... :-} I like that we can all just be ourselves here :-}
The Following User Says Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #136
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

My fingernails are a mess! I'm a cna in a nursing home so I can't have long nails, but 20 something years ago I did and I had silk wraps. I used to get pedicures all the time until I was nicked and I got an infection, so I've been doing my own toes ever since.
I'm curious, is it possible for me to get a manicure for men? I saw a movie where a guy had his nails real squared off and shiny and it looked very well kept and clean. That's what I want but what should I ask for at the salon?
Old 08-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #137
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
My fingernails are a mess! I'm a cna in a nursing home so I can't have long nails, but 20 something years ago I did and I had silk wraps. I used to get pedicures all the time until I was nicked and I got an infection, so I've been doing my own toes ever since.
I'm curious, is it possible for me to get a manicure for men? I saw a movie where a guy had his nails real squared off and shiny and it looked very well kept and clean. That's what I want but what should I ask for at the salon?
I've only had manicures a couple of times (because pennies!) but so far as I'm aware, you tell the manicurist what you want done, and if it's within their ability, they do it. Just ask, Gayandgray, they'll be fine with it. There are women that just want their nails manicured like that too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #138
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation
Default Nail tech...

Check into a good hair, skin and nails vitamin. I have seen the good the bad and ugly side of weak nails. If you have your hands in water a lot try using a really good lanolin cream. It will help protect your hands along with your nails. Rub it in really well all over the nail and cuticle area. You will start noticing how soft your hands become. For those of you that have to wash your hands multiple times a day you will notice that your hands become softer and your nails will not soak up a lot of moisture, making them less brittle. The other thing to consider is that you don't want to try to shape your nails when they have been in water for too long. When you file your nails don't use a sawing motion, go from side to center. If you can think of anything else I can help with let me know.

Quote:

Quote:
hi!

i am sure some of the more experienced folks will chime in but..

i have weak nails too.. they *tear* . i bit them my entire life (gross i know) and recently just got (my first) manicure. i don't want false nails so i have french tips on my natural nails, because i like the clean look and i don't know what they put on them, but they feel hard as nails!
i am actually using them.

Quote:
I've only had manicures a couple of times (because pennies!) but so far as I'm aware, you tell the manicurist what you want done, and if it's within their ability, they do it. Just ask, Gayandgray, they'll be fine with it. There are women that just want their nails manicured like that too.

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #139
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Just say you want a manicure only, short and square (that's the real word for that shape). Buffed instead of polish. They should be happy to do it for you. Have fun!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 08-09-2017 at 06:27 PM.
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 07:48 PM   #140
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Just say you want a manicure only, short and square (that's the real word for that shape). Buffed instead of polish. They should be happy to do it for you. Have fun!
And it will be less expensive than the other stuff!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
manicure