The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Brit Sci Fi (Torchwood, Dr. Who, etc.)

Anyone else a fan? I've been reviving my love of BBC sci fi by watching all the series/seasons of Torchwood (AWESOME SHOW!) and the more recent Dr. Who series/season (although I still say that Tom Baker was pretty awesome!)

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I watch Dr. Who at every chance I get {BBC-A / ScyFy *re-runs*}
And I want to try out Torchwood, since a friend of mine is Obsessed with it, she'll talk about it often and I wanna be able to follow the subject at hand...

The Latest Dr. Who {Tonight @ 9 pm Eastern} involves one of my Favorite Who villains, the statue Angels that come after you if you Blink {my other favorite villain is, of course, The Master}
I still prefer Tennant, but this new one's ok, once the "Stuck on Stupid" mode melts off..

Old 05-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

If you have NetFlix they have all of Torchwood on Online Play or DVD, your choice. It's one of the first TV shows that I've seen that ties in LGBTQ as if it's natural. First seasons is ok but after that it gets pretty amazing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I'll have to consider netflix in June, or July then, my friend used the LGBTQ bait also, 3 times
{I stopped Netflix because they're too lazy to care about adding Captioning to their Stream..The small effort might help them Dominate the Market with Deaf and HoH}
I think what peaked my curiosity with Dr. Who was sheer boredom one day at Dialysis, and they were in New New York, the "Sisters" were literally cat-girls..

Old 05-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

The closest I have come is the BBC version of "Life on Mars," which is far better than the US version. I am more a fan of their crime/cop shows.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
I'll have to consider netflix in June, or July then, my friend used the LGBTQ bait also, 3 times
{I stopped Netflix because they're too lazy to care about adding Captioning to their Stream..The small effort might help them Dominate the Market with Deaf and HoH}
I think what peaked my curiosity with Dr. Who was sheer boredom one day at Dialysis, and they were in New New York, the "Sisters" were literally cat-girls..

I can agree on the closed captioning. However, many DVD programs on computers have that feature so you could get the DVDs

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

I was raised on Doctor Who and was over the moon when they revived it, even though David Tennant was the best new Doctor, this new guys growing on me, And being british, I get to see it as it comes out ...
Old 05-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

i didn't think i'd like the new incarnation of the series - i worried they would try to make it more like a star trek and heavy on the special effects and technology
the anti-ness of all that made the earlier incarnation the awesomeness that they were
but i was totally reeled in with the first season

k-9 was always a favorite
affirmative
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #9
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

What ever happened to the spin-offs of K-9?
Low ratings cancellation or just waiting for the new season ?
I know Sarah Jane's due for a new season or 2..
Massive has such Luck ~sulk~

As for the DVD's in Netflix, true, they do, which is why I'll consider it..
I do have a portable dvd player {first thing I bought as a pat-on-the-back-good-job a few years ago}
Old 05-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #10
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
What ever happened to the spin-offs of K-9?
Low ratings cancellation or just waiting for the new season ?
I know Sarah Jane's due for a new season or 2..
Massive has such Luck ~sulk~
I think they decided to keep K-9 with Sarah Jane?
Lol luck that I'm in the UK? Actually, Russel T Davis started out writing Queer As Folk, the british version and the BBC had the foresight to accept his idea to rejuvenate Dr Who, which I think we can all be greatful for, he's brought back one of the British Sci-fi industries greatest Hero and Villians, because otherwise we'd never have the Daleks, Cybermen, et al on any of our tv screens!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #11
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Exterminate !!!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #12
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Delete Delete Delete!

(little known by anyone but my immediate family, I own a cybermen lunchbag and it says this, usually when something gets shifted on top of it, anyone around tends to look around, then at me, so all I can do is shrug and grin and act like I know nothing ...)

Old 05-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #13
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if this really counts, but I've gotten hooked on Survivors on BBC America. Not Survivor, the reality show, but Survivors, the one about the people who survived a fast moving virus and are fending for themselves without any of the country's infrastructure still working. I think it's really well done and Abby is hot!
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unndunn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2010, 06:32 AM   #14
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unndunn View Post
I don't know if this really counts, but I've gotten hooked on Survivors on BBC America. Not Survivor, the reality show, but Survivors, the one about the people who survived a fast moving virus and are fending for themselves without any of the country's infrastructure still working. I think it's really well done and Abby is hot!

Christie and I are Survivors fans too and set the dvr to record it. Unfortunately, it gets run out of order so we have to filter through and see which episode we are on so it's a tad frustrating. Great show though, and we love Abby too!

How many seasons is ( was) Torchwood? I added what appears to be 2 seasons and what may be a special ( looks like maybe 5 episodes) onto our Netflix streaming so we can do a marathon weekend whenever we get a chance. It looks pretty awesome.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #15
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Christie and I are Survivors fans too and set the dvr to record it. Unfortunately, it gets run out of order so we have to filter through and see which episode we are on so it's a tad frustrating. Great show though, and we love Abby too!

How many seasons is ( was) Torchwood? I added what appears to be 2 seasons and what may be a special ( looks like maybe 5 episodes) onto our Netflix streaming so we can do a marathon weekend whenever we get a chance. It looks pretty awesome.
That's the 3 series (I believe in the UK what we call "seasons" is called series). But what you found is all that's been made. Season 1 and 2 first then do the 5 part Children of Earth.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:27 AM   #16
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Anyone else a fan? I've been reviving my love of BBC sci fi by watching all the series/seasons of Torchwood (AWESOME SHOW!) and the more recent Dr. Who series/season (although I still say that Tom Baker was pretty awesome!)
Have your seen Survivors. Its not really sci -fi ...more end of the world, epidemic kills most of the population, epidemic caused by pharmeceutical company, type show. But reallly good. We watched the first two seasons. Hoping a third season comes along soon. BBC America on demand probably has it and netflix might have the DVDs.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #17
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Have your seen Survivors. Its not really sci -fi ...more end of the world, epidemic kills most of the population, epidemic caused by pharmeceutical company, type show. But reallly good. We watched the first two seasons. Hoping a third season comes along soon. BBC America on demand probably has it and netflix might have the DVDs.

Rufus

I'm actually going to look into that once I finish my morning routine of forums.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #18
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

That always confuses me for a moment...

"New series of Dr. Who / Torchwood !"
huh? wait, New series?? When'd the last series end?
Oh, wait..duh..
series = season

[Kinda curious about survivors, once I figure their sequence]

Old 05-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #19
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

I love Dr Who and Torchwood!! I miss Torchwood a lot. Did they take it permanently off the air??? Are they making more of them in the UK? I DVR most Dr Who's I am rarely home when it is on so I have several saved for a rainy day at this point. Ahhh scfi. This femme definately has a geek side and proud of it!!!! lol Have to check out this Survivors you all are talking about. I watch so little tv, that if ppl don't tell me about a show I never hear about them. hehe.

Ruthie
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #20
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthie14 View Post
I love Dr Who and Torchwood!! I miss Torchwood a lot. Did they take it permanently off the air??? Are they making more of them in the UK? I DVR most Dr Who's I am rarely home when it is on so I have several saved for a rainy day at this point. Ahhh scfi. This femme definately has a geek side and proud of it!!!! lol Have to check out this Survivors you all are talking about. I watch so little tv, that if ppl don't tell me about a show I never hear about them. hehe.

Ruthie
Rumor is that there will be a series 4 but haven't heard of official start date.