Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-04-2017, 07:28 PM   #481
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Girl with a Pearl earring

I've always loved this picture, but never knew the artist.

It is a painting by 17th century Dutch painter, Johannes Vermeer. It's on display at The Hague, in The Netherlands.

I love the simple beauty of this portrait would a woman wearing nothing but a head scarf, pearl earrings and the translucent beauty of her facial features (her eyes, her mouth, the aura about her).

Here's a link to learn more about the artist and the painting:
https://g.co/kgs/jUxvge

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #482
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

I've always loved this picture, but never knew the artist.

It is a painting by 17th century Dutch painter, Johannes Vermeer. It's on display at The Hague, in The Netherlands.

I love the simple beauty of this portrait would a woman wearing nothing but a head scarf, pearl earrings and the translucent beauty of her facial features (her eyes, her mouth, the aura about her).

Here's a link to learn more about the artist and the painting:
https://g.co/kgs/jUxvge
Miss Katz you are aware there is also a movie right?
A young peasant maid working in the house of painter Johannes Vermeer becomes his talented assistant and the model for one of his most famous works.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #483
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Miss Katz you are aware there is also a movie right?
A young peasant maid working in the house of painter Johannes Vermeer becomes his talented assistant and the model for one of his most famous works.
No, I had no idea! That's pretty wonderful, really!

Is it on a TV or cable station or on Netflix?

I will add this to my film list, if so!

*Thank you, homoe*

_____ ______
Old 09-04-2017, 07:45 PM   #484
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

*Thank you, homoe*
Miss Katz I shall check and get back to you.....in the mean time here

Stars: Scarlett Johansson, Colin Firth, Tom Wilkinson 2003 released
Old 09-04-2017, 07:51 PM   #485
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Also Miss Katz a book.............

Tracy Chevalier transports readers to a bygone time and place in this richly-imagined portrait of the young woman who inspired one of Vermeer's most celebrated paintings.

History and fiction merge seamlessly in this luminous novel about artistic vision and sensual awakening. Girl with a Pearl Earring tells the story of sixteen-year-old Griet, whose life is transformed by her brief encounter with genius . . . even as she herself is immortalized in canvas and oil.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:54 PM   #486
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Which should I do first?
Watch the movie?
Then read the book second?

_____ ______
Old 09-04-2017, 07:57 PM   #487
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:

Tracy Chevalier transports readers to a bygone time and place in this richly-imagined portrait of the young woman who inspired one of Vermeer's most celebrated paintings.

History and fiction merge seamlessly in this luminous novel about artistic vision and sensual awakening. Girl with a Pearl Earring tells the story of sixteen-year-old Griet, whose life is transformed by her brief encounter with genius . . . even as she herself is immortalized in canvas and oil.
Very nice! Sounds like the perfect story to read about, especially how it transformed her life!

_____ ______
Old 09-04-2017, 08:22 PM   #488
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Which should I do first?
Watch the movie?
Then read the book second?
I've done neither Miss Katz, perhaps someone else could guide you...
Old 09-04-2017, 08:29 PM   #489
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
I've done neither Miss Katz, perhaps someone else could guide you...
It's incredible what you know about books and movies, homoe.
I appreciate your vast wealth of knowledge...thank you.

_____ ______
Old 09-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #490
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
It's incredible what you know about books and movies, homoe.
I appreciate your vast wealth of knowledge...thank you.
Thank you for the very nice compliment, and you're very welcome! Always happy to help folks out
Old 09-05-2017, 04:48 AM   #491
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

*Thank you, homoe*
The movie is currently airing on HBO on Demand.........
Old 08-05-2018, 05:37 PM   #492
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

This is called The Painter- by Marlene Dumas
I love this work because it reminds me of myself as a child
I was really intense when I would get into the paints!

Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 01:26 AM   #493
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte
Painting by Georges Seurat

I like this painting because it gives a snapshot of a much simpler and relaxing time.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 11:23 AM   #494
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

My favorites are Pollock and Dali. Their works have a WTF and rebellious quality that I appreciate. They were non-conformists which always ranks pretty high with me. Dali gets a few extra points because his work makes me wonder... WTH's going on here?! … and he was Spanish.

Salvador Dali

Jackson Pollock

Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 02:25 PM   #495
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Picasso's Dove of Peace

It's hard to choose a favorite, but this is one I really like by Picasso. He created this with less than 50 strokes and I think it's just perfect. I had a framed copy but it was lost in the shuffle.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 12:19 AM   #496
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

So much beautiful art to like, like still life paintings of flowers in vases.

I like this one: Roses by Pascal de Beucker (1881-1944).

I also like Claude Monet's Lilac Iris painting... Beautiful shades of violet-blue flowers.

And I also like still life paintings depicting flowers with other interesting specimens we see in natural settings, like butterflies or dragonflies or other interesting species that interact with flowers in nature. For example, the painting below, titled: Ambrosius Brosschaert Flower Still Life.

I like to paint still life type paintings, but it is definitely a challenge to create a still life painting which looks true-to-life. I admire art work by artists who have a natural talent to paint such things. I like to create my own flower bouquets at home, so I might just try my hand at painting one particular bouquet I have in my sitting room. Maybe this summer I will take that on as a summer project, to see if I can create something beautiful.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #497
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

*Thank you, homoe*
And the book The Girl with the Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier inspired the movie. I loved the book. It's very short, too.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #498
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
And the book The Girl with the Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier inspired the movie. I loved the book. It's very short, too.
Whoops went back up the thread a bit and see that I am repeating Homoe's comments. Sorry!
Old 02-22-2020, 09:17 AM   #499
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My Granny had ballerina prints up on the wall, next to the side of the bed I would sleep on. I would just lay there and image....

Edgar Degas

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 06:03 AM   #500
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Saw it for the first time this morning at The NY Times in an article about a show at the Whitney Museum that explores the profound impact of Mexican painters that enriched American culture. I find it bold and brilliant.

“Zapatistas,” Clemente Orozco’s 1931 painting of the Mexican peasant guerrillas in the exhibition “Vida Americana: Mexican Muralists Remake American Art, 1925-1945.”

Credit: Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York/SOMAAP, Mexico City; The Museum of Modern Art, via Licensed by SCALA, via Art Resource, NY
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: