Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I don't do the blind date thing.

I have to have been in your company and at least know you *some* before it ever gets to the date point.

In the mean time, I'm running down my check list. Do you know how to have fun? It can be the littlest of things....will I see you playing toss with the dog? Maybe the furball prefers a frisbee? I'm very outdoorsy. Will you walk in the woods on a hike? Do you own a bicycle that you ride? Does everything you do involve a cooler of beer? What does your vehical look like? I don't care if it's an older model...but as many have stated, I do care if it's loaded down with drive thru bags. Have you washed the vehical recently? Things have gone on in the economy that have affected people
in some very painful ways. I have a friend who had to let her car go and another friend at age 49, who had to move in with her parents. How are you handling these types of life changing events, IF something to this effect has happened to you.....because as we all know, life goes on. That will speak volumes to me about your character. I'm not about money nor am I about material...they are just things. I am about character and intergrity. So show me your true colors, you'll see mine. I am what I am.
Nothing pretentious about me. Oh, one final thing....please do not try to impress me. Actions speak louder than words. If I am comfortable in your company, we may get to the *date*

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #42
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Cool How I want to be treated during a date

I am a simple femme; I am neither comfortable with fancy restaurants or the stuffy clothes you wear to fancy restaurants. On the other hand, I do like for us to get dressed up once in a while, say for a special occasion like my love's b-day.

Since I consider myself a simple femme, just spending time together is fine for me. We don't have to 'do' anything, we can just 'be'. Does that make sense?

Put away the cell phone! Don't play the games on your phone or get on Twitter or Facebook while on a date with me.

I really enjoy eye contact while we are talking, it lets me know you are listening to me. I also enjoy sitting outside in the evening, using that time to get to know each other is priceless.

As I've seen in other posts I agree completely that good oral hygiene is a must!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #43
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Oh this was so much fun
you will never know how happy I was
knowing that you were gonna get a surprise
I am such a geek
and
you took forever to get to the post office

so dating
I don't date
Corkey won't let me
Not sure why that is (snort)
anyway
being the odd duck that I am
while I LOVE surprising other people (those that actually love to be surprised)
I personally don't care to be surprised (ever)
I love knowing exactly what I am getting for B-day etc weeks ahead of time and joyfully waiting till I get it.
I prefer (read want/need) to be involved in the planning of my life
so back in the day (before marriage)
I liked to plan dates together
split the costs or take turns
being polite etc is a given
treating others well is a given
but then so is living within one's means
being able to be yourself and being able to relax
I really want to be comfortable, feel excepted, etc and want the other person to feel that way too.
cause ya know at some point if things work out you may end up living together
personally I don't want to live together and be all formal
home is the place you get to relax and escape from the world
if you are a beer drinking, sports watching in your boxers kind of butch well then you better let that special femme know that side of you exists. Though I would not recommend wearing just boxers on the first date
It is nice if you also clean up well and do know how to behave in public.
Be honest, be honest, be honest
no one is perfect
and we all have our querks

I would....
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #44
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post

I would....
oh ok
you win
on our next first date
you can just wear boxers
of course
we will be ordering in

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #45
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
oh ok
you win
on our next first date
you can just wear boxers
of course
we will be ordering in

Runs around da house nekkid Yippieeeeee!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #46
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Runs around da house nekkid Yippieeeeee!
Christ man, shut the drapes

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #47
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Christ man, shut the drapes

Why?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #48
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Why?
one word: Judy
she is old and in bad health
and she checks up on us
by looking out her kitchen window
and looking into our living room
oh, wait
she has probably seen it all before

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #49
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
one word: Judy
she is old and in bad health
and she checks up on us
by looking out her kitchen window
and looking into our living room
oh, wait
she has probably seen it all before
If she hasn't I'd be afeared
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #50
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

this derail has been brought to you by the letters A and C
now back to the actual thread topic
sorry *giggle*

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #51
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't actually dated a lot, so I'm only an authority on what I like (or imagine I would...) and, like ami, it's hypothetical since Scoote hates it when I date.

Anyway...like June posted, I'm actually not comfortable with someone paying for me. I'm fine if we stop for a coffee and you pay....but I'm not comfortable with you taking me out and spending a great deal. If we end up in a relationship then we can talk about how we want to manage our finances and I might get more flexible (but don't count on it )

For me, the key is to pay attention...and communicate. Like others have said...turn off the phone, don't text, don't lecture me or dominate the conversation. Talk to me. Be courteous to me, and also to others - including servers and strangers.

I prefer to do something that allows us to talk...and that really can be a cup of coffee, even at McDonald's. The beach is good, parks are good, movies are good as long as we can talk about it afterwards (and not during it or I'll be very irritated with you).

You don't need to open my door or pull out my chair...and definitely don't try to impress me. Be yourself - and if your self is a nice self...then I'm happy.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #52
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Time

For me it is the time spent with me on the date...
I am just as happy walking the beach with the date as sitting in a concert... Well more happy with the beach.. we are able to talk and i do love to talk and be heard .... I guess it is the company that is most important to me.. Don't get me wrong I do love to be taken out from time to time... But a quick call saying hey do you feel like getting out and hitting the park or beach or just enjoying each other is just as important to me.
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #53
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

wine me, dine me, 69 me. lol oppps

Your all funny.

I ain't never turning down a gift. Bring me lots of flowers. Spoil me. I'll spoil ya back. Don't ever keep me waiting.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #54
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Gawd I hate dates.

Take me fishing, that'll work. Let me drive the boat please and thank you.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #55
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

You are so badddddd....lol. Great posts all!!!! Hope is okay for a "butch" to post! I got "derailed" once already!!! lol Clay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
wine me, dine me, 69 me. lol oppps

Your all funny.

I ain't never turning down a gift. Bring me lots of flowers. Spoil me. I'll spoil ya back. Don't ever keep me waiting.
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #56
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I don't date anymore ...wait we still do date nite so I suppose I do date. But just Him *grin*

On our first *official* date, Daddy took me to a Red Sox game !!!!

He listened to me when we talked about what I liked. So this dyed in the wool Yankee Fan got really great seats and took me to a Red Sox game.

I don't need fancy dinners to impress me, but I do like to get dressed up and enjoy an evening out on the town.

Flowers don't impress me anymore because they die, but to have something planted just for me is the bomb.

Strolls on the beach and stop by a place that sells seafood wins my heart, even tho He doesn't eat it, he always picks a place that He knows they offer seafood because I do.

For me it's the little things, making sure we have a place to enjoy our meal and conversation.

and allowing me to pay now and then - I like planning a date as well and I like knowing we went somewhere special as my treat. I think a lot of people just assume a butch has to pay and I don't. If I'm flush I'm all about spoiling my date - well He's my last date lol but I do love to spoil him in return.

I'm digressing - I guess what I would add is find out what she likes, and pay attention to her. Put away the cell phone, and try to go somewhere new where you have the time to give her the attention and not your friends who happen to be hanging in your favorite place.

The spit and shine is a given, even if it's a beach date a clean butch is a dateable butch lol.

Open her door, shower her with attention, if you feel the need bring her a single rose to let her know you were thinking of her. IMHO giving presents on a date is not something I would want....

If you get to date 2 by then you know her fav music and bringing along a cd is acceptable.

Don't get drunk!! nothing worse than being with someone and you're drunk and you're their ride home.

Keep your ex in a neat lil box where she belongs.....I can't stress that enough. You're dating her not the ex lol

Be yourself, be pleasant and charming, the person you presented to her when you asked for the date.

Don't assume sex - it's a date not a committment

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #57
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

My biggest pet peeve: " I don't know, what do YOU want to do?"

So help me, if you ask me out and you don't have a plan, I will get right out of that car and go back in the house!

i love surprises. One time a very good friend of mine picked me up at my house and made me put a blindfold on. After an hour I was still giddy, but mildly cranky and started being a pain in the butt. He parked and let me peek out the bottom of the blindfold so i could see the paving stone path I needed to walk on, then i had to be all blindfolded again until he put my hand on a railing and it sounded like thunder everywhere.

He took me to Niagara Falls at night to see the lightshow on the mist. It was the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me, and it surprised the hell out of me.

A surprise. Something beautiful. Plenty of time to talk or just be quiet and enjoy the experience together. That's what I love.

Although, at this point I would just be happy to get asked out at all. I'm with some of the others who have posted here, I'm over being the emotional and financial support for masculine-types who have some work to do. Maybe I'm less warm now that I'm looking out for myself, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #58
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

To me...a first date is really important. You know the old saying "You only get one chance to make a first impression". I find that to be true. And a good impression needn't be made with an expensive dinner, or gifts. To me, its all about respect. Putting effort or thought into a date shows that you think I am special, and that my company is valued. Treat me like a lady...that may sound old fashioned, but that is what I am and I want to be treated as such.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #59
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Great posts in here!!!

I'm simple when it comes to going on a date. I just like the old fashion sort of stuff. A movie in home or out, a walk, a nice low budget dinner, hand holding, door opening, a smile, a touch, interesting converstation and hopefully a connection.

Best part about a great date is the offer of a second.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #60
Star Anise

How Do You Identify?:
Femme in boots.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Free range femme.

Star Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I do like to be taken out to dinner, but nothing too flashy...I like it more down to earth, a nice Italian/Greek/Turkish restaurant is good.

I don't really like going to the movies on dates, because I am really looking to make more of an emotional connection, and I personally don't think much of a connection is made, while two people stare at the same screen in silence (but that is just me.)

I do like a little bit of being "taken care of" doors open etc...I appreciate it as a sweet gesture, but on the other hand it isn't mandatory. LOL

Conversation though is a must, going for a walk is wonderful...Walking and talking, yep.