Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #8641
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
My fun plans for the weekend include winning the lottery and then flying off to try and convince Rachel Maddow to move to Canada and be with me. Seems doable. It's good to have goals I figure.
Oh, Laurss, I'm so sorry but you'll have to wait until easygoingfemme and I have have our way with her - that's been planned long in advance. Then if Rachel doesn't run off into the sunset with EGF (I've allowed her to have dibs for long-term) then Rachel will be free to go.
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #8642
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandalAndy View Post
good morning all! hope you're having a fab day! Anybody got fun plans for the weekend?
Going to house/dogsit for friends in PA. If I can get there early enough I may head into Philadelphia for a queer Shabbat service Friday night. Then Saturday heading to B'more - meeting someone for an early dinner then joining up with friends for roller derby bout. Sunday relaxing then heading home in time for a "meet the politicians" reception where I hope to meet Senator Coons, who I've come to admire. So a busy weekend!
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #8643
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,113 Times in 3,005 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I keep hearing people talk about contra dances. What are they? Best of luck with class prep, i'm sure you'll be wonderful!
Contra dances are SOOOO fun. How to describe.
Okay it's a little bit similar to square dancing, in that there is generally live music on a stage and a dance caller. However, rather than being in a four couple square formation, you are with a partner in a long line of partners. Every other couple is either number 1 or number 2 alternating as you go down the line. Ones progress down the line away from the stage, twos progress up the line toward the stage. When you reach the end of the line you switch number- if you were a 1 you are now a 2, and back again.
You're progressing with dance steps, you usually do a round of like, 6-8 dance steps with your partner and your corresponding 1 or 2 and then progress in your direction and do the same steps with that new partnership.
Usually the caller calls for the first maybe 8 rounds and then you're expected to memorize it. If folks start messing up a lot the caller usually jumps in with a reminder call.

It's a very old traditional form of dance which has been embraced by many generations. Not only is it super fun in nature, but participants in many areas have also evolved with it so that anyone can lead, anyone can follow, men rock twirly skirts, and fun is had by all. It's also started turning into a techno craze where it's electrified with techno music.

Confusing to write descriptions. Here's a video of one of my favorite contra bands performing at the dance festival we're been talking about over in the Hobbies discussion area. Get past the first 1:45 min and you see the dancing. But these guys rock on the music so enjoy them too.

Here's a poorly filmed techno contra: I'm psyched we're adding a techno contra party to the saratoga dance festival this year.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #8644
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Just stopping by to say good evening on this cuddling weather kinda of night.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #8645
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning E/everyone. Have terrific day!!
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #8646
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #8647
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning to my fellow singles

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #8648
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Morning singles. I went to a women of color singles mingle last night... that was fun. Getting to know a nice woman... we shall see.

Dr is sending me Monday for an ultrasound of my stomach and then tuesday he is doing an endoscopy. Hopefully we can finally figure out what the heck is wrong with my stomach. Going to try hard boiled eggs for lunch and see how that goes. I woke up this morning with a cold. A lot of kids in my class have it, but I usually don't get them. I haven't been able to take my vitamins the dr has me on to fight them soooo... here I am sick. I had acupuncture this morning and went to the last half of a rehearsal. Can't sing yet bc the stomach issues has left my vocal cords burnt. Using holistic stuff to heal them up. They should get better after they fix my stomach.

I was supposed to go to the Witches ball tonight (basically a holloween party in a small town) but it is outside. It is cold here today and I don't think that would be a good idea considering how I feel. Walking around in the cold doesn't sound appealing. Oh well, next year maybe I'll make it.

Have a great weekend singles!

Ruthie
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #8649
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

ScandalAndy, Harvest Homecoming is a fall event we have every year, with booths, music, and all sorts of food, and all kinds of events. It's awesome! And each year is a different theme. This year is Hollywood.

Anyways, Hello to all. Not much planned for today, seeing as I did all my running yesterday. I am mostly just going to take it easy today, and later I might go back down to the festival so me and my buds can go to hear some of the local bands, since one of my buds is performing. Other than that, a pretty laid back day for today.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #8650
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hope everyone is well today

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #8651
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Hope everyone is well today
I am doing great Leigh, thank you. Just having a kick back day for now, might be going out later.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #8652
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_puppy1991
I am doing great Leigh, thank you. Just having a kick back day for now, might be going out later.
I went out with a friend last night, ate too much lol but it was so good

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #8653
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Not doing well today. Legs and back have been aching a lot the last few days. Thought it was related to my cold, but maybe I am lacking a nutrient because of my stomach issues. Down another 4 lbs this week, so that is 23 in all in the last 8 weeks. Normally, I would think that is great, but not this way. Sigh, Going to take a shower and hope that helps some. Then I'm going to relax and try to rest. 1st test tomorrow morning. At least I will be LOOKING good! lol

Have a great sunday all!
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #8654
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Good Morning everyone!! I hope you are all enjoying your day. Ruthie I hope you feel better soon. Today I'm going to finish up cleaning litter boxes. When you have 4 cats, this is a big thing lol I'm feeling really groggy today which I hate...hopefully it will go away soon
Have a beautiful day everyone!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #8655
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #8656
prettyboyreg

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,512 Times in 293 Posts
prettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Sunday Everyone! I just got back from surfing! Nothing like the water to wash away anything that is bothering you.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #8657
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Hey Reg haven't talked to you for awhile, how are you?

The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #8658
Sunny

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Sunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST Reputation
Default GGGGOOOOODDDDDDD Morning!!!!

Hey Everyone,

I am up early no idea why. I am going to have breakfast. Anyone want to join me? Have a great day!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:10 AM   #8659
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Working on myself, thank you

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sunny

<holding out my hand>....Nice to meet you....breakfast would be great...you ok with a guy tagging along?....LOL

Have a great day !
Darbonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:11 AM   #8660
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Working on myself, thank you

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Happy Friday!

Hope it's terrific for ALL of us !!! Enjoy !!!
Darbonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darbonaire For This Useful Post: