Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Debates

The Presidential and VP Debates.

Well, number one was a bust for Obama. Romney was on fire and ignored the ancient Jim Lehrer, who seemed only to monitor President Obama's time.

But I am shocked that Obama was so poorly prepared. God, Mitt was good. Scary.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
txdoc
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Wrangled

txdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post

Well, number one was a bust for Obama. Romney was on fire and ignored the ancient Jim Lehrer, who seemed only to monitor President Obama's time.

Obama did seem shaken...
txdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to txdoc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Obama blew it, Leiher needs to retire.
The Pres needs to stalk the MSNBC blogs for a few weeks.
No spine, no fire, no guts. I'm not going to say Robme won but damn it was a slaughter.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I think your words pretty well sum it up. I was disappointed in the President's debate performance. The debate has not changed my mind about my vote.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Ed Schultz and Chris Matthews are tearing their hair out tonight on MSNBC. I agree with them. It's about winning, and Romney stepped up and fought to win. Obama stood there and dithered. He did not attack. What a wasted opportunity. I had no idea that it mattered so much to me that this thing not be close. But it's going to be.

There are a lot of points to be scored off the President's record, and Romney got some good ones in. Some were crap, like blaming the President for gridlock. The big mistake Obama made was courting the Republicans too long when he needed to be grabbing them by the balls and twisting.

Romney may be lying his ass off, but people who have not been following this closely will not know.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I have to wonder if Obama can't seem like the angry one in these debates. I wanted to see some fire from him and got bubkiss.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Default geez o pete what happened

Lord is all I can say.
As an independent voter who is very left wing liberal and just so happens to have voted for a democratic candidate every single time , I am a little concerned after tonight that Romney was the better prepared one .
With all that said: Hells bells I'm voting for the best man for the job , Mr president Obama
He will pull it off no worries
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdoc View Post
Obama did seem shaken...
He didn't seem shaken to me. He seemed bored.
He also said, several times, things like "I agree with the governor" and "the governor and I agree."

I wonder what his deal is.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

They said that the President actually had more time. Hard to believe. Romney just punched punched punched while the President ummed. I may be overreacting because I am disappointed -- it's fresh. But it looked to me like a blood bath. The President didn't fall on his face, but he just stood there and took it. I don't understand.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I say it's their 20th wedding anniversary and he was thinking about 20 years special nookie night..........

It certainly has been a while since anybody argued with him. I did not like the personal attacks Romney made, but Romney was in rare form. Romney certainly figured out how to avoid being penned down on anything........."I'm like Reagan...certain principles applied state by state" yeah and the principles are 'a stronger economy, fostering business yadda yadda yadda'.........

a big disappointment I hope those few swing voters will not decide based on tonight's performance...........I soooooooooooo hope Biden is on his game in a week or so
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
They said that the President actually had more time. Hard to believe. Romney just punched punched punched while the President ummed. I may be overreacting because I am disappointed -- it's fresh. But it looked to me like a blood bath. The President didn't fall on his face, but he just stood there and took it. I don't understand.
Lawrence said Robme had 4 more minutes more than Obama.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #12
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I said this on facebook, but, you learn early in school that the only way to win a debate is to be on the offensive, not defensive. Once you start there, you just dig in deeper and deeper.

There were so many chances for the President to rip Romney to shreds, from heath care reform to the 47% he has admitted that he doesn't give a shyt about.

What we heard tonight was a disappointment. I believe our President will learn and do better in the next two debates. It has been 4 years since the President last debated. It showed.

There is a time to be aggressive. When you are standing in front of the nation debating with a man that is lying continually, it is not being "angry" to call him out.

IMO The President should have mopped the floor up with Romney's lies.

I can only hope he does that next time.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I have to wonder if Obama can't seem like the angry one in these debates. I wanted to see some fire from him and got bubkiss.
That's one of the things I love about Obama, no theatrics.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #14
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenade View Post
That's one of the things I love about Obama, no theatrics.

I didn't say theatrics, but fire, there wasn't any he was flat as a pancake. I don't do drama, but damn I'd like to know he actually wants another term.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #15
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Why didn't he have anything inspiring to say about the role of government, the last question? I don't get it. Why would you let that pass? How could a Democrat let that pass?

OH god, I've got to let it go. Romney was on the ropes. I am not sure he could have been put away tonight. He was prepared. But it WAS a mugging. Anyway . . . deep breaths.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #16
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Jim Lerher SUCKED ASS and let Mitt Romney run over him time and time again as if Romney was BOTH the moderator and a debater.

Obama better buff up.

p.s. Gwen Ifill would have shut that shit down so quick it wouldn't have been funny.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #17
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

That's an important part to bring up really.

Theatrical...i can only say it was true of Romney. To me, Romney was a text book politician tonight. He is not going to do this and is going to do that and blah blah, everything that he thinks *we* want to hear.

Typical. Politician. With nothing backing it up and not only is it illogical, most of what Romney said, it was full of holes and lies. So many things that he said he would do is not realistic with his actual plans, or hints of plans.

He can just go out there and say anything and get away with it?

So disappointing.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #18
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Romney was clear and cogent. He made sense. It's crap, but if you don't know better. . . .

I thought his gestures were good. They helped him illustrate his points. The President stepped on his own lines a couple of times. Romney was on. He was ready. Out for blood.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #19
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Romney had a great performance- all based on lies. The big question is will it matter that he lied over and over again. I'm not confident that it will. Hopefully Obama's leads in the swing states will be enough. Thank god there is the 47% tape. Yep Obama blew it.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #20
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Mitt was talking so fast I couldn't follow a train of thought. He talks a good lie but it's still a lie.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: