Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Storm is still 100 miles from here but conditions are rapidly deteriorating on the Cape.

Horizontal rain/sleet has given way to horizontal snow. Winds are gusting in the 50's. Fog is rolling in too. Temps are dropping. Roads are deserted except for plows trying to clear the mush.

Time to rev up the heat in case of power failure. Thankfully, the bedrooms hold in the heat pretty well. The cathedral ceiling and skylights make it impossible to keep heat in the rest of the place.

Cooking is done. Sparkle is right. Storm food gets old quickly.

Time for a shower and then back to the Sex and The City movies.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #62
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Kobi, it looks like the Cape is going to get slammed (if the weather channel models are to be believed) - batten down the hatches!!!

Alls well in WMA, ChancieFancyPants and I had an amusing text exchange about water and power and where it comes from and how it works and why my hair was dirty for 6 days the last time we had power outages. Pete thinks we're mad.

I watched last nights' episode of 'Project Runway' and I picked up 'Beasts of the Southern Wild' on dvd from the redbox this morning, that film is next on deck for me. Still fully electrified here.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #63
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

The General and I have stopped looking out the window.

The plows keep going. The wind is howling, snow is falling (not too super heavy at the moment), drifts are forming. And this is just the storm from the West. The storm coming from down South hasn't made its introduction yet.

Turned up the heat and closed the blinds... hope we wake up with power.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #64
musicman

How Do You Identify?:
NA

musicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputation
Default Storm

Southern Ontario Canada, Eastern Ontario, Quebec, and the Maritimes are getting/going to get hit hard with the storm.
musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to musicman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #65
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
Kobi, it looks like the Cape is going to get slammed (if the weather channel models are to be believed) - batten down the hatches!!!

Alls well in WMA, ChancieFancyPants and I had an amusing text exchange about water and power and where it comes from and how it works and why my hair was dirty for 6 days the last time we had power outages. Pete thinks we're mad.

I watched last nights' episode of 'Project Runway' and I picked up 'Beasts of the Southern Wild' on dvd from the redbox this morning, that film is next on deck for me. Still fully electrified here.

Yeah is getting very ugly here and fast.

Winds are nasty. Gusts are even nastier. Windows are rattling. There are noises I have never heard before. Lights are flickering. Cat is in the closet.

And the storm is still about 50 miles from here. LOL.

Is going to be a long fucking night.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #66
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Yeah is getting very ugly here and fast.

Winds are nasty. Gusts are even nastier. Windows are rattling. There are noises I have never heard before. Lights are flickering. Cat is in the closet.

And the storm is still about 50 miles from here. LOL.

Is going to be a long fucking night.

Be careful. You'll probably lose power. I hope you have lots of blankets! Stay warm
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #67
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just talked with my sibling...is in NYC...with the job....took 4 hrs. to drive 27 miles to hotel...aye yi yi....someone else to add to my "worry about list"...
Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #68
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Cat is in the closet.

My cats have been weird* all day. I think the changes in barometric pressure make them a bit crazy and unsettled.

Stay warm! It looks like the storm is going to hit each part of the Cape differently. And the storm surge is going to be mad. Hope you're not too close to the beach.

*weirder than normal
Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #69
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Home and settled. Nothing significant at this time. The time for dumpage to begin has been moved back to 11pm and at it's peak around 4am.

I'm pretty skeptical at this time that the news has hyped it up for Maine a little too much. I know we'll get snow but really I don't see it as much of anything more than our typical here. The winds may be a bit intense though.

Guess I'll wait and see...
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #70
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Home and settled. Nothing significant at this time. The time for dumpage to begin has been moved back to 11pm and at it's peak around 4am.

I'm pretty skeptical at this time that the news has hyped it up for Maine a little too much. I know we'll get snow but really I don't see it as much of anything more than our typical here. The winds may be a bit intense though.

Guess I'll wait and see...
Maybe I can make it home after all I get out at 10.....lots of snow on the cars already...I'm needing to go out to my car for my dinner...but really not WANTING to....and I realllly don't want that 500 dollar fine just for trying to get home...frick and frack....I don't want to sleep here tonight...there is a ghost cat and he scares me....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #71
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
Maybe I can make it home after all I get out at 10.....lots of snow on the cars already...I'm needing to go out to my car for my dinner...but really not WANTING to....and I realllly don't want that 500 dollar fine just for trying to get home...frick and frack....I don't want to sleep here tonight...there is a ghost cat and he scares me....
The coastal regions will be getting it worse... You scoot on home and be safe then. Send someone else out for the dinner. A fine for driving home?? Wtf??

As for the ghost cat... just tell it the litter box is in the basement.
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #72
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

y'all be careful in that snow. stay safe...plz

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #73
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Baby

what in the world r u thinking? Its bad out here
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #74
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Baby

what in the world r u thinking? Its bad out here
I dont wanna be here with the ghost cat or be the beck and call girl all night...even worse!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #75
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I dont wanna be here with the ghost cat or be the beck and call girl all night...even worse!
i understand baby but u cant see the roads and they r plowing
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #76
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,769 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

cinnamongrrl563 he's right . Better not to take chances. I'm holed up here in Fultonville , NY because of it.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #77
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Stay put, Cinn! It's better for you to be safe and warm, even though i know how much it sucks to be stuck someplace other than home.

Ghost cat won't hurt you!
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #78
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy View Post
Stay put, Cinn! It's better for you to be safe and warm, even though i know how much it sucks to be stuck someplace other than home.

Ghost cat won't hurt you!
Says YOU! He's forever appearing just when my mind is the least prepared...it's like he KNOWS...sigh...I'm staying here...I just cleared off my car...it's not BAD...but it's not good either...it's wet icy snow...

The plow dudes are out showing us some love though! And of course, the college kids are partying...lol must be wonderful not to have a care in the world...I can barely remember those days.... Come to think of it...did I EVER have those days???

I can say, they are comparing this to the blizzard of 78...which I was very tiny for...the snow was up past my waist! But gosh it was fun then...this snow is actually making me long for some skiing... I haven't been in YEARS! Something to think about using all my OT loot for... And it sure is pretty...the yin and yang of New England.... I'm gonna be posting some Frost soon...I can FEEL it!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #79
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really impressed with the storm savviness of everyone on this thread. People are calculating the trajectory of a tree's fall, worrying about livestock, cooking food that will be delicious in case the power goes out, checking their generators, putting snow plows on their trucks—

I think I have a crush on the entire thread. Competency is a huge turn on for me.

And I feel really frivolous, because here I am and the sky is this weird bright lavender color, and there are no jets that appear like a sudden huge flickering star, because the airports are closed. NYC is under a blizzard warning and the streets are empty, weird for a Friday night—but after Sandy, people learned to listen to the mayor when he said to stay inside.

Sorry I got off track, I was trying to say, I feel so frivolous because my storm preparedness consisted of buying a couple bottles of wine and going through pay per view to see if there are any good movies on. And now here I am, having watched two episodes of Seinfeld back to back, laughing like a lunatic, eating frozen grapes and having a nice glass of white wine.

Once in a while I go over to the back door—I'm on the 9th floor and it opens to my balcony—and I look down at the street, and then look up at the sky, and then I look into the windows of the people across the street, and notice that their kitchen cabinetry is exactly like mine, and here and there you see a barbecue or a deck chair that should have been brought inside, that kind of thing.

There's a nice grocery store across the street, and they're open till 10. If I start craving protein, I can go over for some, I don't know, fresh shrimp or something. They have really good seafood. I feel bad for the fish on ice, they look so stunned, but they do have good seafood.

Besides frozen grapes I have fennel, beets, red cabbage and onions that I love to saute with lots of ginger. I have yams, cereal, frozen waffles, quinoa, popcorn.

I’m worried that the storm will make it impossible to drive or take the train out tomorrow to see the woman I’m having a longstanding relationship with. They just moved her father to a hospice, and are letting go of him now, and helping him let go. She cried for only the second time since I’ve known her (the first was when she learned how sick her father was, about a year ago), tonight on the phone.

It’s eerily quiet outside right now. Not a snowflake in the sky. But now that I’ve written that, I’m hearing the wind a little more.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #80
fishinabaggie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme~
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me. Myself. Hers. Theirs. :)
Relationship Status:
Held Within The Arms of the Law

fishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputationfishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputationfishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputationfishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputationfishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputationfishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputationfishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputationfishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputationfishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputationfishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputationfishinabaggie Has the BEST Reputation
Wink I found NEMO!

Things are ok over here so far in Western Massachusetts
Snow pounding down. Too freaking cold and windy to go out to shovel!
Outlaw is stuck at work doing another 16 hour shift..she did one yesterday also!
There were a lot of call outs at her job and since she is the supervisor, she is mandated to stay.
I am doing laundry and vacuuming and doing a lot of laying around in between domestic endeavors.
Chatted with my Jesse and laughed like ding-a-lings, as usual. We are incorrigible! LOL
I wanna make soup while we have the power to make it! BUT, I am doing such a fine job of laying about over here................
The house is creaking in the gusts. The cats keep looking at me like I am responsible for the noise. Haughtily looking at me.
I am going to make tea.
Beasts of the Southern Wild was absolutely spellbinding!
Stay safe and warm everyone. It's New England weather.....we are used to it!

~ GRATEFUL SOUL~

fishinabaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to fishinabaggie For This Useful Post:

Tags
nemo