Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default OMG! I Am SOOOOOOO EMBARRASSED!

OMG. I SO embarrassed right now.

I just sent out an email to an ENTIRE account team and accidentally pasted part of a post that I had made here at the Planet into the body of the email.

I got a phone call from someone who was laughing so hard that I could barely understand her.

So what could I do? I contemplated packing up my desk and quitting, but instead, I sent out a "Mea Culpa" and laughed heartily at myself and told folks that "they better be glad that I wasnt reading an article on embarrassing medical conditions when I accidentally copied and pasted".

Things could have been worse, right? Pardon me while I sit here with a red face for the rest of the day.

In the meantime, could y'all make me feel better and post your most embarrassing stories????
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
OMG. I SO embarrassed right now.

I just sent out an email to an ENTIRE account team and accidentally pasted part of a post that I had made here at the Planet into the body of the email.

I got a phone call from someone who was laughing so hard that I could barely understand her.

So what could I do? I contemplated packing up my desk and quitting, but instead, I sent out a "Mea Culpa" and laughed heartily at myself and told folks that "they better be glad that I wasnt reading an article on embarrassing medical conditions when I accidentally copied and pasted".

Things could have been worse, right? Pardon me while I sit here with a red face for the rest of the day.

In the meantime, could y'all make me feel better and post your most embarrassing stories????
Poor thing! In the interest of fully understanding your pain, care to share your pasted passage?

Much BFP love.
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeaPartyTart For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

If it makes you feel any better, I once accidentally sent an email with this link:
http://www.holytaco.com/2008/08/04/c...u-go-to-church
to every member, deacon, reverend, administrator, etc. of my local church.

It was not good.
Sent the apology email, etc.
I can't tell you how carefully I check the address and "cc" when I answer emails now.

Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Ha!!!! Hugs!~

Glad to.

So one day I went to the tanning bed and it was unvelievably hot in there. When I got out, I just could not imagine putting my bra and panties back on and decided my loose sundress would suffice.

How wrong I was!

I walk out the door and a giant gust of wind blew my dress into my face.
Yes, there I was on the side walk pretty much naked.

I walked straight to my car and drove away.

I did not finish up the rest of my tanning package.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaPartyTart View Post
Poor thing! In the interest of fully understanding your pain, care to share your pasted passage?

Much BFP love.
HA!

It went something like this:

"Team,

The XXXXXX job has finished on XXXXXXXXXX. The following errors were found on datagrid XXXXXXXXXX:

(and there was a list of grid errors, but RIGHT in the middle, it said

"I also know that Andrew wasnt trying to trigger anyone and started this thread from a place of analysis rather than from morbid laughter.

With that said, I have been fascinated with the process of life and death since I was a child. I was even taken to the school counselor when I was in the 4th grade because my teacher was having career day and was horrified when I told her I wanted to be a Funeral Director."

Color me blushy.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,263 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Well, at least you weren't posting about poo.

Words (always one for looking on the bright side)
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Cyclopea;23016]If it makes you feel any better, I once accidentally sent an email with this link:
http://www.holytaco.com/2008/08/04/c...u-go-to-church
to every member, deacon, reverend, administrator, etc. of my local church.

[quote]

cyc,,, why would a minister find the signs offensive..the ads perhaps but the signs........
send me some when u get them
Old 12-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
HA!

It went something like this:

"Team,

The XXXXXX job has finished on XXXXXXXXXX. The following errors were found on datagrid XXXXXXXXXX:

(and there was a list of grid errors, but RIGHT in the middle, it said

"I also know that Andrew wasnt trying to trigger anyone and started this thread from a place of analysis rather than from morbid laughter.

With that said, I have been fascinated with the process of life and death since I was a child. I was even taken to the school counselor when I was in the 4th grade because my teacher was having career day and was horrified when I told her I wanted to be a Funeral Director."

Color me blushy.
Oh, that's not bad at all! I was imagining much worse.

For myself, I get embarrassed whenever I do something that, if I were an onlooker watching me do it, I'd think I was a dumbass. Hence, I do a lot of stuff that embarrasses me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never made such a mistake and take the fact that you have to mean tha

Girl, I know what you mean... that Medusa is always trying to get people to like her. Can you believe her with that OMG thread? Whatever!

t you don't respect the people you work with enough to double check your work. I mean seriously, who on earth hits reply without checking their work??
Old 12-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #10
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation
Default BLUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday morning A after being on back to back to back calls for two hours.. I got aa gift basket order..

one order..

or so I thought when I started the call..

It turned into 22 gift basket orders all sent to different addresses..

BLINK...

So... I know that some of you might have a hard time beliving that I have a spelling problem... I know.. I know.. I hide it so well...

Anyway,

Because of this lil issue, I always over verify ANY word that I am not 120% sure of..

Some where between the 4th and 8th I stopped verifying the spelling of things... Then I started again..

So I complete the order, head off to break, come back to start the next set of gift baskets to be entered.. (I got smart and asked them to be emailed to me..)

In my inbox? THREE frantic emails from my customer...

First one..

PLEASE CALL... SPELLING ERRORS

Second one..

MASSIVE MISSPELLINGS, PLEASE CALL..

Third one..

PLEASE CONTACT ME RE: MISPELLINGS IN ORDER..

*BLUSH*

There is a list of five orders that have typos..

One or two on each order... Simple as forgetting to put a E on the word suite.. Things like that..

But not very professional looking..

I wanted to walk out of my job, ignore the emails, hide under my desk..

Instead I had to respond to my customer... ugh.. I hate eating crow...

I told her I was horrified and would contact my suppliers and get everything fixed..

So.. I had to eat crow with my suppliers and throw myself on their mercy...

Kay.. that taken care of.... I get down to entering the second grouping of gift baskets... Tripple checking everything before submitting it..

Well.. except leaving out a D in one clients last name..

Oh.. the second batch? Same client..Same supplier...

ya... RED faced.. I had to Mea Cupa a second time..

ugh....

Thank goodness peak is over...
Old 12-21-2009, 01:34 AM   #11
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Embarass myself? LOL, which time?

How about the crazy guy that filled two tube socks full of unshelled nuts and was swinging them as if wielding war hammers...in front of the courthouse...during lunch break...

and guess who got the call...

I parked the cruiser close enough and after seeing the first sock mangled and walnuts on the roadway, unhitched my mace, approaced
the crazy guy with a whole lotta courthouse onlookers (Judges, Bailiffs, Joe Citizen)
and commanded said Crazy Guy to :

"put your nuts on the hood"
...no compliance..

"I SAID, PUT YOUR NUTS ON THE HOOD"

...nowhere to hide.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:19 AM   #12
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
Embarass myself? LOL, which time?

How about the crazy guy that filled two tube socks full of unshelled nuts and was swinging them as if wielding war hammers...in front of the courthouse...during lunch break...

and guess who got the call...

I parked the cruiser close enough and after seeing the first sock mangled and walnuts on the roadway, unhitched my mace, approaced
the crazy guy with a whole lotta courthouse onlookers (Judges, Bailiffs, Joe Citizen)
and commanded said Crazy Guy to :

"put your nuts on the hood"
...no compliance..

"I SAID, PUT YOUR NUTS ON THE HOOD"

...nowhere to hide.

OK! This is PRETTY DARNED FUNNY! Wish I had been there for that one! (I "thought" you were going to write, "he swang his sock of nuts at me and hit me in the face", or something like that.) This is way more funny!

*Please consider sending this in to the Reno 911 show writers!?
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #13
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Post Ummm

This happened a lonnnnng time ago:

A co-worker and I were looking at pictures from one of her parties. She said "I never noticed that xxxxx has camel toes in this picture!"

At that time, I didn't know what the term camel toe meant When she told me, I said surprisingly, "OMG that does look like a camel toe!" Not realizing my voice carried throughout the office.

We were laughing hysterically at my stupidity for repeating it so loudly. Especially when other colleagues were looking over their partitions (cubicles) wide-eyed laughing their asses off at me.

It was both an embarrasing and funny moment.

I'll never forget that day, or that/those words!
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #14
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

We got a call in the office that one of our Home Delivered Meals volunteers was ill and could not make her deliveries. So, I hurried to pick up two coolers, one with hot food, one with cold.

I drove to the Senior apartments grabbed both coolers and walked to the door. A huge gust of wind came up and blew up my skirt. Keep in mind that I rarely wear panties (and have not since I was a teen). Up went my skirt at the same moment that the postman walked up behind me. OMG Let's just say I dropped the coolers and tried to control my skirts. I am sure the whole postal world got the story of the bare-bottomed delivery.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #15
Bijoux

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single

Bijoux Has the BEST ReputationBijoux Has the BEST ReputationBijoux Has the BEST ReputationBijoux Has the BEST ReputationBijoux Has the BEST ReputationBijoux Has the BEST ReputationBijoux Has the BEST ReputationBijoux Has the BEST ReputationBijoux Has the BEST ReputationBijoux Has the BEST ReputationBijoux Has the BEST Reputation

About 8 years ago when I was involved in a very hot and steamy love affair with someone long distance...I was at work and taking notes on my computer at a meeting. I was also checking my email regularly as she was sending me some super hot emails about what she wanted to do to me when she saw me in person.

Well, the meeting ended and I was asked to finish up the meeting minutes and print them up.

I typed the remaining minutes and pressed print.
What I printed was an x-rated email from my long distance lover. It began with spreading my legs wide open.

I went to the printer and nothing was there, which I thought was odd. Then I got a page, on the intercom, from a woman who works in the cash office of the bookstore. She is a dyke and I have known her for over 10 years.

When I walked in the office she had a piece of paper in her hand and she said, "I haven't read this hot of an email ever in my life! Sort of good I was the one at the printer and not your boss!" I turned bright red and grabbed the email and slowly backed out of the office. She used to pass me in the hall and just grin at me. It wasn't until last year she finally let it go.
I WILL always double check now what I printing....

Totally, understand your pain....
Bijoux
Bijoux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bijoux For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #16
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Y'all are making me HOWL with laughter here.

ONE of my embarrassing moments (Gods know I have many) involved me wrapping up a tech support call while proofreading an email I was sending to a partner.

Instead of saying, "Thank you for calling XXX. I'm glad I could help you today."

I said, "Thank you for calling XXX. I love you."

There was a pause.

Then she said, "Customer service has gotten a lot friendlier these days."

OMG! I explained what happened but she was very cool about it. So embarrassed because several co-workers heard it as well.

Boots13, you might enjoy the dispatch calls an ex took.

One was "Man down in woman's bush." The other was "Choking on Morningwood [which was a street]".

The first was responded to with the proper response but the driver's partner was overheard to say, "Do you think he wants to be interrupted." While the second was just met with much hilarity as they hauled off to the call.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #17
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

I know you will all never beleive this but I have a tendancy to do some pretty stupid things.....quite regularly. When I started teaching K-5th grade kids that did not stopp but has increased dramatically:

I have recess duty with 4 other teachers....Dr. Thoreau hollers for the kids to: "Grab your balls its time to go in" other 4 teachers fall on ground in hysterics.....the next day having realized what I said was wrong I holler: 'Ok kids pick up your balls and hold them" other 4 teachers fall on gorund in hysterics........... Day 3.....Will everyone please grab some balls and line up...... other 4 teachers snicker ....Day 4............. "Keep your balls in your hands"........other 4 teachers blame me for needing to wear depends when they are on recess duty..... Day 5........ Ok everyone time to go in...dont forget your balls..............
That was the last day I had recess duty......

Teaching first grades how to do computer things.....They were not getting the right clcik so I decide; " Ok everyone raise your right hand..now i want everyone to show me their RIGHT CLICK finger".....principal walks by as all 30 second graders were giving me the finger (This is now what all the teachers in my school say when they are upset: Oh right click) and the two assistants went running out of the classroom giggling...

I have the kindergartners in my classroom for computer class...."bethany says.... Dr Thoreau...miles is playing with a worm"
I walk over to miles and tell him to give me the worm...he looks at me..I tell him to put the worm in my hand....he looks at me with major apprehension...
As I am repeating myself I realize what a WORM is..... I say " go wash your hands".....and contemplate going in the teachers room and sticking my head in the gas oven.

luckily i keep my shoes clean and i use licorice flavored laces...since i continually have them in my mouth
Old 12-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #18
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

My first job out of college was working as a receptionist for a small publishing company. One job requirement was answering the main phone line (duh), transferring LOTS of calls, and using the paging system several times per hour. On one particularly busy day, I had a number of phone calls come in at once. I remembering answering one call and putting them in the queue for paging. I picked up the paging line and answered the next phone call in a pleasant, professional voice: "Good afternoon this is [company name]. How may I help you?" Realizing my mistake, I quickly hung up the phone. The entire building had heard my page and was unusually silent. Soon I heard people start to burst into laughter. Including me! I think at this point, my boss came up front and let me take a break.
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #19
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Default "Everybody sounds good in the car"

I have always wanted to be a singer. I have spent inordinate amounts of time in my car, home, and shower belting out tunes that would bring most folks to their knees. I have warbled loudly with Led Zeppelin, Mariah Carey, and Prince. I have brought myself to tears with the veracity of my voice! I have made my dog weep with joy! My singing! YES! The voice!

Imagine my surprise when my Brother wanted to go out on his 18th birthday and we ended up at a karaoke/strip club. YES, it was a combo. In Arkansas. Imagine that.

After several hours of drinking and watching naked women, people were starting to do karaoke. The urge in me was too great and the little voice in my head said, "Go ahead Angie! WOW the world with your pipes! Show the world that you have been hiding a magical voice under all of that red hair and freckles!"
I just KNEW it would be my big moment! I knew that people would be running up to me , crying, because I had brought such emotion with my song! I knew that record producers would slither out of the dark corners of the club demanding to sign me to recording contracts worth millions of dollars. I knew that my heart would SOAR with all of the love and adoration that people would bestow upon me because of the treasured beauty of my hidden talent! Why, even my own brother would be shocked and amazed by my voice! PEOPLE WOULD BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ME AS THE GREATEST SINGER OF ALLLLLL TIME!

I picked a song I knew by heart since I was a little drunk. Well, I wasnt a LITTLE drunk, I was a LOT drunk. I was SO drunk that I had to steady myself on the mic stand when I went up to the front when my name was called.
I squared my feet and assumed what I just knew would be a "star-like" position. Why, I might even play air guitar and sway like AXL ROSE! Because I WAS FUCKING GREATNESS Y'ALL!

Needless to say, when the music started, I had picked the song "Jose Cuervo".
You know the one, an old country standard that would be easy on the pipes (woudlnt want to overwhelm folks rigth off the bat) and I had been singing it since I was 6 so I knew all the words by heart.

When the music started, I began singing.

People immediately covered their ears.

It was THAT BAD.

What came out of my mouth wasnt singing. It was some ancient, diseased, inhuman CATTERWALLING that probably could have been considered an instrument of torture. I immediately knew that something was wrong. My voice sounded MUCH MUCH different on the mic than it did in the car! I sounded like a dying cat. Like a person in great pain at the dentist office. Like a cow that had been run over and needing to be put out of its misery.

I looked out at the audience desperately for some comfort. Where was my brother? If I could just see his face, I could maybe find the notes and actually stay on tune?
Where was he, you ask? He was slunk down in the booth with his face covered in shame. He peaked up at me through splayed fingers and shook his head. It was THAT BAD.

To add great insult to injury, I was so drunk that I forgot to pay attention to the words on the screen and had been singing *what I thought* were the words for the entire song.

Instead of "Jose Cuervo, you are a friend of mine.....", I had been singing:

"HOMESICK WEREWOLF, YOU ARE A PASTY LIME."

In short, I want to tell you all that I was so embarrassed that I rarely do karaoke again without remembering that level of embarrassment. And YES, I still sing karaoke. Badly. And Often. Because really, sometimes you just gotta sing like nobody but you can hear it anyway.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #20
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I was on my first date with a femme. Dinner was wonderful, we had desert, coffee, and went out to my truck to leave. As I was backing out of the parking spot, I went to look over my right shoulder. She had pulled the mirror down and was applying lipstick. (keep in mind, this shut my filter off immediately!) Then it happened....the words just came out of my mouth...."Oh good, you brought lipstick!" I wanted to run!

I was praying to every single god known to human that I didn't say it out loud...that I somehow managed to retain that thought in my head. NOPE! She then turned to me, holding up her lipstick, with a big smile on her face, replied: "Did you want some?" She looked puzzled. I know I looked horrified that I would say something so stupid.

After that, all my friends started calling me Chandler. If you are a Friends fan at all, there was an episode where Jill Goodacher offered him gum in the vestibule, and he replied "gum would be perfection." He felt as stupid as I did for saying something so crazy stupid to a woman.

"Oh good, you brought lipstick" I have never lived that down and it was about 10 years ago!

Edited to add: I asked her out again after that and got stood up.