How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Mustard on the CHEESE?: Idiosyncracies!

I was making lunch this morning and had a flash memory of something from way back when.

Back in my early 20's, I was dating someone who was just chock full of idiosyncracies and used to make me insane with her particular way of doing things.

I was busy making a sandwich for her one afternoon and she was hovering over me watching my every move. When I put the two pieces of bread down and spread a nice layer of mustard on one piece, she immediately stopped me and said, "Mayo has to be on the other piece - Mustard CAN NOT be on both pieces"

So I obliged and then got out some lunchmeat and laid a couple of pieces out. I then grabbed some sliced cheese and laid it out on the bread.

At that point, she SHRIEKED and proclaimed that she "COULD *NOT* EAT THAT SANDWICH BECAUSE I HAD PUT THE MUSTARD ON THE CHEESE!!!"

I remember whipping around at her and saying something like, "What the hell are you talking about???? It all goes in the same hole! Do you think your mouth knows the difference if whether the cheese was put on the mayo side or the mustard side??"

She insisted that it DID make a difference.

I later discovered at her Mother's house that her entire family were "No Mustard on the Cheese" people!!!

Anyway, I was making our sandwiches this morning and I couldnt help but bust out laughing about this. I know we all probably have certain ways that we like to do things, not just with food but with our everyday stuff.

Jack has a particular issue with the toilet being over the roll ("Like a waterfall" she says).

And I believe that ice cream must be eaten in a coffee cup.

What's yours?!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 07:12 AM   #2
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I cannot use ripped paper towels.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
vixenagogo

How Do You Identify?:
unabashedly femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
i prefer being proadverb.
Relationship Status:
single.

Thanked 1,260 Times in 381 Posts
vixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputation

i go further than no mustard on the cheese side... not on the mayo side either (total textural slick squick). i nestle the cheese between the meat. of course if there is a barrier of let's say lettuce on top of either condiment, then the cheese can go on top of that...

vixenagogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vixenagogo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

em.. ahem.. mashed potatoes must be purist... and side dishes go in tiny bowls... *whistles and wanders off*
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
em.. ahem.. mashed potatoes must be purist... and side dishes go in tiny bowls... *whistles and wanders off*

Are you one of those "my food can't touch" people?! *snicker*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Oh no, but I am so positive you will hear from someone who is very soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #7
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
No. *I* am the no food touchy freak.

The ONLY arguement we have ever had was over mashed potatoes.

Here's the condensed version:

Me: Worst work day EVAH

Jess: Planning my fav comfy food - mashed taters and steak/gravy

Me: Get home, Jess says something about taters being ready to mash, but I like to use a mixer so Hy decided to let me do it.

I am digging around for the mixer and blades and turn around to see

Jess: "PLOP" A dollop of brown mustard sitting in my mashed taters

Me: :

Jess was lucky that Hy didnt wind up wearing those GD mustardy taters.

Mashed taters should be, at least in my world, made with unsalted butter, half&half and salt and pepper.

When Jess tells the story now there is something in there about me and my "drive by huffing" LMAO

I think its pretty great that in three years and all the change we have been through, to ONLY have fought over mashed potatoes is a neat thing.

But yes, I do have food touchy issues. And mustard should never ever touch the cheese.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #8
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

HA! I lived.. and learned .. nevah evah again!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
No. *I* am the no food touchy freak.

The ONLY arguement we have ever had was over mashed potatoes.

Here's the condensed version:

Me: Worst work day EVAH

Jess: Planning my fav comfy food - mashed taters and steak/gravy

Me: Get home, Jess says something about taters being ready to mash, but I like to use a mixer so Hy decided to let me do it.

I am digging around for the mixer and blades and turn around to see

Jess: "PLOP" A dollop of brown mustard sitting in my mashed taters

Me: :

Jess was lucky that Hy didnt wind up wearing those GD mustardy taters.

Mashed taters should be, at least in my world, made with unsalted butter, half&half and salt and pepper.

When Jess tells the story now there is something in there about me and my "drive by huffing" LMAO

I think its pretty great that in three years and all the change we have been through, to ONLY have fought over mashed potatoes is a neat thing.

But yes, I do have food touchy issues. And mustard should never ever touch the cheese.
*sneaks in and touches the mustard to the cheese on sis' sammich so I can have it myself*
Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #10
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Yep, cheese goes with the dairy (mayo) and meat with the savory (mustard). The center of the onion slice is discarded and never used, eww. When having a salad in a bowl I make two cuts, turn the bowl a quarter, make two cuts, turn the bowl, etc until I've gone all the way around. I didn't even know I did it until the ex pointed it out. LOL
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #11
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Im beginning to think there has been a vast conspiracy to keep me from this whole "Mustard and Cheese Can't Touch" knowledge my entire life :P
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #12
Lillie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl,princess,her, that girl, she! but mostly just "babygirl"
Relationship Status:
single

Lillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST Reputation

I only eat mustard on my nathans hot dogs and occasinally I like them on my fries..

HOWEVER

If I go anywhere and If I see them preparing my food without wearing gloves I can not eat that food..I know that in restaurants (back in the kitchen) they do not wear them..but I don't see that..

But I no longer can order/eat at Papa Murphy's for just that reason ..and the jack in the box(es) out here have a 'we wash our hands every 30 minutes" so we dont need to wear gloves policy..

umm no

Not happening

The most expensive jewels I ever wore around my neck was my child's arms

Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

I once had a roommate who was insistant that the toilet paper had to roll from the top. His anxiety about it was so bad that I always put the roll on to his liking. It had become such a focus for me that I still do it. If I am using someone elses bathroom and the paper rolls from the bottom I actually change it to roll from the top. It is such a bizzarre behavior of mine.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #14
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

everything of mine has a place. this is because I get really upset if I can't find something. baggage from childhood parenting flaw. so in order to find it, it really needs to go in it's home. And if I look for it and it not there.... I panic. cause I don't even know where to start looking. Except for my clothes. they go on the floor lol. That's just due to my extreme loathing of laundry. My wife is of the other end of the scale. things should be put away as they get around to eventually bug her. which takes days longer than me. Plus she "puts things away" in where, at the time, she thinks they should go. of course, everytime she comes up with a different answer of where that home is. Which is why she can never find anything and now neither can I.

I finally lose it and will do things to make my (and her) life easier by taking bags of "filing" (important papers, stuffed back into their envelopes so you can't even see what they are unless you re-open each one - makes me MENTAL), throwing out the ones over 5 years and filing by subject (bill, work related, health), sub-subject (telephone bill, electric bill, water bill etc) and date. Last time I did this it took me 6 hours. I've asked her to just put things in the filing cabinate. which translates to her as "take it into the spare room, put it back in the envelope it came in and drop it on the chair so that I'll find it in 3 days and file it myself."

*quiet scream*
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 06:14 AM   #15
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

When I was younger, I was terrible with idiosyncrasies. But I've gotten better with age....

I have issues with meat on a bone. I'll eat it, but I struggle. Where some people can pick up a piece of meat and just eat it - I have to pick at it to death with my fork. Spare ribs for some reason, don't bother me so much. (I don't like veins, fat or anything that is not completely lean). Mare is a true carnivore, so it works out for us.

I absolutely hate organ meats. I will not eat them and the sight of them makes me queasy. In fact - when I buy a whole chicken, I have to buy the chicken that has the organs neatly packaged already - so all I have to do is grab the little bag and toss it. If I have to stick my hand in a chicken and start pulling out organ parts, I am completely unnerved.

I have a texture issue. If it's slimy, I will not eat it. If it's raw, I will not eat it. If a piece inadvertently gets in my mouth, I will spit it out and more than likely gag. If the texture is strange to me in any way - it's not going to happen. *spit*

I love lima beans. For me, it's a comfort food.

I prefer uncooked carrots although I have been known to tolerate them cooked. It's no surprise to see me pick most out though.

Brussel sprouts and okra is on my EWWWWW list.

I personally don't care how to toilet paper is put on the roll. I'm just grateful it's there. I have been with people who find anything other than "over the top" heresy and I have actually gotten into a few arguments about it.

I'll only drink hot tea when I am sick.

Although I like mayo on some things, I don't like it on my sandwiches. In fact, I prefer my sandwiches dry. (I like condiments, I just find them better served on other things...)

Cold pasta is weird to me but I've learned to like it.

... that's all I can think of right now .....

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #16
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I carry a purse and a wallet inside the purse. Yet, at least once a week....I have to dig through the purse and find the
library card, the ATM card, sam's club card, grocery store take advantage card, etc....and put them all back into the wallet, and scoop all of the change out of the bottom and put it either into change can or inside the wallet and same goes for the bills.

This almost always happens. Doing laundry, I find money in the washer, because it didn't make it back into the wallet, it was in a pocket. I don't know why I am so bad about this.

Due to the almost non stop reports of credit card/ATM debit cards being hacked, I have almost stopped using mine and have gone back to using cash. Yeah, for sure. I open my purse and it looks like I'm some rich bitch, but the reality of it all is, it's mostly ones with an occasional five and an unorganised mess. I need to get this under control.

ETA: I just glanced at the diningroom table, there is cash and a reciept and two baseball ticket stubs from Wednesday's game, must have been in a pocket........

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #17
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Shoes on the bed. I don't care if they are on your feet or off your feet, they do not belong on the bed.

Or the couch.

I'm wishy-washy about footstools but prefer you with shoes off if you use the footstool.

Yes, I know. I am also barefoot in my house (and yours) most of the time.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #18
wimsiclegirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, babygirl,
Relationship Status:
Completely smitten...

wimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hmmm...so many ...so little time....

Pillowcases need to open out..not in...

Everything has a home or a place....I hate piles of stuff to rifle through to find stuff....and unusual stuff that you don't know whether to keep or not!?

When in doubt- throw it out. Yes this is dangerous and I lose stuff occasionally but most of the time it works out. Unfortunately, this applies to anyone's stuff in the house...If I can't find a home for it...it goes....away....

Given my choice...dinner is only a means to dessert so dessert first whenever possible!

Pizza is eaten: crust first then toppings..... yes I separate them and then eat them.

Realizing that my quirks have become my normal so I can't wait until other people get to "point them out" to me ....