Notices

Old 01-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #2001
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Last night we watched Match with Patrick Stewart and we enjoyed it

As a Juilliard professor is interviewed by a woman and her husband for her dissertation on the history of dance in 1960's New York, it becomes increasingly clear that there are ulterior motives to the couple's visit.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #2002
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Arthur Christmas again last night.

Love! It makes me happy.

I saw this today and it broke my heart a little bit.

The very very end made me happy even though it was sad.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2015, 09:31 PM   #2003
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Labor Day. Was great, <3 Kate Winslet.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2015, 06:40 PM   #2004
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Saw the movie Boyhood. Sorry I wasted 2 hours of my day.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2015, 06:52 PM   #2005
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

YES, so glad it just wasn't me who felt that way!

(2 hours and 45 minutes to be exact if you're counting, and believe me after about an hour you will)
Old 01-19-2015, 07:06 PM   #2006
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

(2 hours and 45 minutes to be exact if you're counting, and believe me after about an hour you will)
It felt like 5 hours....
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2015, 07:27 PM   #2007
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

We just saw American Sniper with Bradley Cooper.

It was totally absorbing and Bradley Cooper became Chris Kyle.

The audience was full of vets, including older men with Vietnam vet caps.

There wasn't a sound in the theatre through the whole movie, except for sniffing and nose blowing; including the vets.

It was gut-wrenching and we were glad that we saw it.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2015, 06:01 AM   #2008
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I went with several of my coworkers a couple of weeks ago and we saw, Big Hero 6. That was a crazy funny movie! Since I'm off on Saturday this week, I'm going to the movies by myself!

Zimmeh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #2009
Cole610

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You, Dude
Relationship Status:
Single

Cole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Sordid Lives on the weekend. Vey funny and
excellent acting from the Ladies. (Netflix)
Cole610 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cole610 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #2010
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Still Life

2013 Independent (Eddie Marsan and Joanne Froggatt)

(A council case worker looks for the relatives of those found dead and alone)

This movie won't appeal to everyone and as you can probably detect from the brief description it's not so much a feel good movie but it sure has its moments. We thoroughly enjoyed it! Check it out and see what you think
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #2011
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Saw the movie Boyhood. Sorry I wasted 2 hours of my day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

OH! I loved it!

It was very long, but I watched it at home, and took a couple of mid-movie breaks to cook dinner and make a phone call, so it didn't feel interminable to me at all.

I really appreciated the simple beauty of it.

I also saw the 'Imitation Game' recently. I liked it because I'm really happy Alan Turing's story is being told, but it felt more like a 2-part Masterpiece Theatre production, rather than a feature film. And while I'm grateful Turing's story is being told and he is being recognized for his genius and his incredible accomplishments - I was disappointed that they glossed over/barely touched upon the tragic end of his life, the government administered chemical castration, the loss of his career, the loss of his motor functions, the scorn of society - all because he was gay.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:54 PM   #2012
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Last night we watched a older movie that was very good. The Mighty

Stars: Kieran Culkin, Gena Rowlands, Sharon Stone

This tells the story of a strong friendship between a young boy with Morquio's syndrome and an older boy who is always bullied because of his size.

(Adapted from the novel, Freak the Mighty)
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #2013
EnchantedNightDweller

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she
Relationship Status:
Being single is a good thing and I like it.

Thanked 2,462 Times in 803 Posts
EnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST Reputation

Pariah starring Adepero Oduye - Excellent

A Brooklyn teenager juggles conflicting identities and risks friendship, heartbreak, and family in a desperate search for sexual expression.

EnchantedNightDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EnchantedNightDweller For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2015, 05:28 PM   #2014
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Love Is Strange..

2014 John Lithgow, Alfred Molina, Marisa Tomei

After Ben and George get married, George is fired from his teaching post, forcing them to stay with friends separately while they sell their place and look for cheaper housing -- a situation that weighs heavily on all involved.

Last night we watched this. It was a bit on the sad side in places but over hall we liked it
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #2015
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation
Default American Sniper

I went today to see American Sniper with my coworkers! I cried through the majority of the movie and I will definitely purchase it.

Zimmeh
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #2016
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default An animated film that's quite clever and stylish...I adored it.

Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 03:00 PM   #2017
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Cake with Jennifer Aniston.

I know that there was a big push to nominate her for an academy award but I think that the right decision to not nominate her, was made in this case, IMHO.

Fake scars on her face: check.
Grief: check
Chronic pain: check.

All of these issues are serious and profoundly difficult to deal with in RL, however, none were believable, to me, in this movie.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #2018
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Mr Turner and thought it was a wonderful, marvellous, terrific, beautiful, absorbing, interesting film. There was nothing and everything.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #2019
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Last night we watched My Old Lady : Kevin Kline, Kristin Scott Thomas, Maggie Smith (An American inherits an apartment in Paris that comes with an unexpected resident).

We were expecting a more upbeat and comical movie. This turned out to be something completely different, and while not all together unpleasant, just not the feel good movie we hoped for. Check it out and see what you think
Old 01-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #2020
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

When The Game Stands Tall

In 2003, high-school football coach Bob Ladouceur (Jim Caviezel) and his De La Salle Spartans have just completed an incredible 151 consecutive victories and 12-straight state championships. While the team's seniors receive offers from colleges all over the country, the advancing juniors look forward to making their mark. However, beloved "Coach Lad" has a brush with calamity, while the Spartans face their most-challenging, most-unpredictable season yet.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie