Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-16-2021, 09:57 AM   #5121
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'm really getting up and down the stairs now! I still have to do it one step at a time - put both feet on one step, then consecutively move both feet down (or up) to the next step. But I don't have to stop and rest, I'm not breathing hard when I get to the top of the stairs, and I have haven't gotten dizzy in a couple of weeks.
Good on you, GeorgiaMa'am. That sounds like good progress to me. Hope it gets easier.

Had a good workout this morning and this week was a really good week because I did a full cardio workout each day. Here are my numbers for the week:

– Rode 35.1 miles in 2.5 hrs
– 34m of curls with hand weights
– 460 arm rolls
– 23 crunches on the bed

Would like to do a cardio workout each day till I move. We'll see.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 09:49 PM   #5122
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Way to go, Georgia!

Yesterday, I wound up with 20,251 since it was close to bedtime when I posted last. As it turns out, I found a ton of stuff to do today inside as well as going shopping after work so I am at 18,747 steps right now. That's 5.91 miles and it gives me an extra 1189.9 calories burned. Yippee.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2021, 07:36 PM   #5123
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hellooooo, exercisers!

Last night's tally was 19,183 steps. I wound up going to Wally World and that helped rack them up.

Tonight, it's a smaller figure. I did housework this morning but it's only a half day at work on Sundays so I'm sitting at 9468 steps right now. I'm taking a short walk tonight so it'll probably only get to 11,000 steps. The trade off is that I'll get more sleep and that is a good thing.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2021, 07:06 PM   #5124
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Last night's tally was 11,793 steps. Tonight, I'm at 10,878 so far, which is just under 3 and a half miles of walking and gives me an extra 690 calories to play with. I still have a walk to do as well.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:26 AM   #5125
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Had a good cardio workout this morning and a pretty good week. Most days were cardio workouts except for inauguration day when I spoke to a buddy while mindlessly riding and watching the ceremonies.

Numbers for this week are:

– Rode 35.2 miles in 2.23 hrs
– 370 arm rolls
– 0 crunches on the bed

I cut out the crunches last week but may add them. I was thinking the crunches were making me even hungrier than I already am, but that was just wishful thinking. I haven't gained, but haven't loss. I can work with that.

Hope y'all have some good exercise days.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #5126
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just a little tidbit I found online....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Had a good cardio workout this morning and a pretty good week. Most days were cardio workouts except for inauguration day when I spoke to a buddy while mindlessly riding and watching the ceremonies.

Numbers for this week are:

– Rode 35.2 miles in 2.23 hrs
– 370 arm rolls
– 0 crunches on the bed

I cut out the crunches last week but may add them. I was thinking the crunches were making me even hungrier than I already am, but that was just wishful thinking. I haven't gained, but haven't loss. I can work with that.

Hope y'all have some good exercise days.

Shoveling snow strengthens your shoulders, arms, back, core and legs. Plus, the experts at Harvard Medical School said it burns between 180 and 266 calories per half hour.

Now considering those brutal storms Michigan gets, you could end up being a shadow of your former self say in a day or two!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2021, 06:57 PM   #5127
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Shoveling snow strengthens your shoulders, arms, back, core and legs. Plus, the experts at Harvard Medical School said it burns between 180 and 266 calories per half hour.

Now considering those brutal storms Michigan gets, you could end up being a shadow of your former self say in a day or two!
The only thing I have to clear is my deck. They shovel the snow in the driveway, I think.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 09:48 PM   #5128
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Well, I get to shovel Wednesday morning. There's a slow moving storm moving through Tuesday night and through noon-ish on Wednesday. It won't have a lot of inches but they will be wet, squishy inches and that'll be murder on the ole back.

I do get to try to my new baby snow blower though. Got it just after the last storm, thanks to slow December deliveries. Either way, I'll be burning some calories for sure!

Good news on the weight loss front; I am just a teeny tiny hair under 40lbs lost! A couple more days and I should have it officially.

*happy dance*

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:29 AM   #5129
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Well, I get to shovel Wednesday morning. There's a slow moving storm moving through Tuesday night and through noon-ish on Wednesday. It won't have a lot of inches but they will be wet, squishy inches and that'll be murder on the ole back.

I do get to try to my new baby snow blower though. Got it just after the last storm, thanks to slow December deliveries. Either way, I'll be burning some calories for sure!

Good news on the weight loss front; I am just a teeny tiny hair under 40lbs lost! A couple more days and I should have it officially.

*happy dance*
Way to go, Gemme! Happy, happy! I'm a bit stuck in my weight loss but I'm doing good as long as I continue to exercise, don't gain any weight, and don't kill anyone. So far, so good.

But, burning calories? I thought you just held the thing and the snow blower did all the work. Hmmm.

Had a good cardio workout this morning on the bike with curls and arm rolls and am feeling good.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:04 AM   #5130
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The only thing I have to clear is my deck. They shovel the snow in the driveway, I think.

You crack me up woman! Yes in a perfect world one would be home safe and sound when a storm strikes BUT as we know this is not a perfect world...

Now granted I haven't lived in Michigan since 1976 but as I recall some of the worst storms were never even forecasted, they just arrived unannounced especially those surrounding the great lake regions....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 11:10 AM   #5131
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Way to go, Gemme! Happy, happy! I'm a bit stuck in my weight loss but I'm doing good as long as I continue to exercise, don't gain any weight, and don't kill anyone. So far, so good.

But, burning calories? I thought you just held the thing and the snow blower did all the work. Hmmm.

Had a good cardio workout this morning on the bike with curls and arm rolls and am feeling good.

It takes a bit of elbow grease when it comes to jostling a snow blower!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 10:23 PM   #5132
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:

The calorie burn came from the hours of shoveling by hand that I did this morning. Enough so that my shoulders and arms have been crying since lunch time and my bracing hand has a friction abrasion on my palm. My fault for not wearing gloves but it was 30 degrees and I was hot. Every shovel full weighed an average of 5 lbs I'd say, plus lifting and chucking each shovel full of snow several hundred times each hour. Eventually, I was so tired, I was just pushing a path of snow and slush but after a few feet, that would get heavy too, so I had to brace the handle against my belly and drive it forward. That was another hundred times or so. Full body workout!

Don't worry; you'll get to do it too in Michigan. Maybe not for hours but shoveling heavy, wet snow is one helluva workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

It takes a bit of elbow grease when it comes to jostling a snow blower!
That's normally true. Sadly, I got a wee baby one that's really only good for light, fluffy snow on the sidewalks. I've been begging my boss for a snow blower for years now and now that my store has more freedom ordering things online, I opted to get something versus the nothing I had. He never would have approved for the one I wanted, which would have blasted through the whole property like nobody's business and was the size of a Pinto.

Instead, I got this. It came in a kit and I put it together! It's cute and pretty worthless on days like today. I spent more time cleaning the slush from the chute than I did running the thing.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2021, 04:01 PM   #5133
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
[SIZ E="3"]The calorie burn came from the hours of shoveling by hand that I did this morning. Enough so that my shoulders and arms have been crying since lunch time and my bracing hand has a friction abrasion on my palm. My fault for not wearing gloves but it was 30 degrees and I was hot. Every shovel full weighed an average of 5 lbs I'd say, plus lifting and chucking each shovel full of snow several hundred times each hour. Eventually, I was so tired, I was just pushing a path of snow and slush but after a few feet, that would get heavy too, so I had to brace the handle against my belly and drive it forward. That was another hundred times or so. Full body workout!

Don't worry; you'll get to do it too in Michigan. Maybe not for hours but shoveling heavy, wet snow is one helluva workout.
[/SIZE]

That's normally true. Sadly, I got a wee baby one that's really only good for light, fluffy snow on the sidewalks. I've been begging my boss for a snow blower for years now and now that my store has more freedom ordering things online, I opted to get something versus the nothing I had. He never would have approved for the one I wanted, which would have blasted through the whole property like nobody's business and was the size of a Pinto.

Instead, I got this. It came in a kit and I put it together! It's cute and pretty worthless on days like today. I spent more time cleaning the slush from the chute than I did running the thing.
You certainly put in your exercise for the day. And thanks for showing me the snowblower you got. I'll get something similar after I get more info from you. Will do that once I move. And, if all else fails, I'll go to plan B: flip it and move elsewhere.

Had a nice workout this morning. Mixed cardio with muscle workout. Woke up with a minor headache and didn't want to do a full cardio workout.

– rode 5.2 miles for 24m 39s
– 100 arm rolls
– 4m curls with hand weights

Happy exercising.

Old 01-28-2021, 05:41 PM   #5134
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have started a walking group for the women who live in the building that I manage. They have been so cooped up between isolating and winter I wanted something to get them moving. We have a huge open gym on the third floor of the building so we could get a crew and spread out, masks on, and work out. We had a blast today. I set up a bit of an obstacle course with step aerobics steps for those who wanted a challenge and had a flat open walking track for those who just are walkers. Then I put on a Motown playlist to walk to. There were a couple women with walkers just slowly making their way around and than others who were choreographing dance moves and whooping it up. It was a blast. Everyone got a good workout. This is going to be a daily event at work now and it was really uplifting for everyone. Self included.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2021, 06:22 PM   #5135
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I have started a walking group for the women who live in the building that I manage. They have been so cooped up between isolating and winter I wanted something to get them moving. We have a huge open gym on the third floor of the building so we could get a crew and spread out, masks on, and work out. We had a blast today. I set up a bit of an obstacle course with step aerobics steps for those who wanted a challenge and had a flat open walking track for those who just are walkers. Then I put on a Motown playlist to walk to. There were a couple women with walkers just slowly making their way around and than others who were choreographing dance moves and whooping it up. It was a blast. Everyone got a good workout. This is going to be a daily event at work now and it was really uplifting for everyone. Self included.
What a great idea! And who doesn't love Motown?

It's supposed to be sunny and beautiful here tomorrow - high of 54*F - so I'm going to get out with my rollator and walk up and down the driveway. I'm so tired of being in the house - it has been rainy and cold lately.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2021, 07:06 PM   #5136
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

We're going to be -10 degrees tomorrow, with wind chill, so my outside activities will be limited. -6 degrees the following night as well. Temps in the single digits all weekend long so I did as much walking outside as I could today. My back made it a little harder than normal. My arms and shoulders are fine now but it all moved down into my mid-back area so that's tender and has been all day.

10,250 steps so far. 3.23 miles walked. 650.8 extra calories burned. If I walked it all at once, it would take me 80 minutes to do it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2021, 09:33 AM   #5137
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good workout this morning and this week.

– Rode 35.4 miles for 2h 14m
– 28m of curls with hand weights
– 550 arm rolls

Looks like I'll only lose 2 lbs this month, 3 if I'm lucky. Still, slow progress is better than no progress.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:16 PM   #5138
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Weather's a funny thing. It was 12 degrees when I walked my property at work this morning but I felt warm. Plenty of sunshine will do that. Cue to a few hours later, it's 23 degrees but less sun and more wind and it felt like 0 out there. Crazy how that works.

Anywho, I'm at 12,597 steps so far today. 3.97 miles, 799.4 extra calories and 89 minutes straight walking. Good times.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2021, 12:46 PM   #5139
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had an okay workout this morning, an easy ride, nothing strenuous. This week's numbers are:

– Rode 35.5 miles for 3 hours
– 16m of curls with hand weights
– 300 arm rolls

Old 03-13-2021, 05:30 PM   #5140
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I finally got my front tire on the bicycle fixed and had fancy lights added to the spokes of both tires (so people will see me bicycling late in the evening hours).

Today is the first day I have rode my bicycle in quite awhile, but I biked my 13 mile route, with lots of hills, and it took me awhile to do it (2 hours or so). But I feel great after a lovely afternoon spent bicycling in the sunshine.

The past few weeks I have not worn my Fitbit smart watch, so I am going to start wearing it each time I go for a long bike ride and also wear it to work, so I can see if I am still matching my step count during work days.

Hope all of you are safe and well,
~K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights