JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

There has been a lot on my mind lately. My summer has been a fast pace whirlwind of new folks and new experiences. As I have met all these amazing new people and talked with them and listened to them tell about their beliefs and their experiences it has helped me better define some of my own.

So... on my mind lately... are my ideas about religion.

I have for some time identified religiously as a Druid. Calling on the original meaning of the word "one who learns", believing that the journey of a truly spiritual person is never ending. That it is our responsibility to continually learn and adapt to new understanding and new experiences. I have also leaned strongly on something I was told early in my own journey. One of my first mentors told me "there are many paths that all lead to one end." This single piece of information has grown and changed as I have but it has continued to influence my beliefs. One conversation I had this summer came back around to this and for the first time in all my years of study I truly understood its importance.

In talking with an older trans gentleman I met this summer, our conversation was turned towards religion. While he is a Christian he has a very open mind (Yes, I know, many do. However, even more, it seems, do not.) The result of the conversation went something like this.

If there is one truly loving and all-powerful god, would He not choose to appear to each of his children in the form that would most benefit their existence? Therefore, the Gods of all cultures may be the same. If God tells his children that they can become as He is, then does logic not follow that there would be others who are like him, already? Does he not have a mother and father of his own? Brothers? Sisters? Aunts? Uncles? Cousins? Therefore, there may be more than one "god". And, if it would benefit His children to see deity through more than one form, would He not allow His brothers or sisters to help Him raise his children? Because we are "made in the image of god" we also know that there must be a Goddess, because it takes both male and female to create. On that logic, does it not also make sense that God would choose to protect the Goddess when a human society treats women with disrespect (Anglo-Saxon) and watch her flourish in a human society that reveres women (Native-American). Every religion tells stories of “miracles” and “magic”. There are stories in each culture of abilities that cannot be explained through science or current knowledge. Can we not then conclude that each of us contain a potential for the “unbelievable” that we choose to embrace by one word and shun by another.

The conclusion I came to as I went over this conversation in my mind is that we all believe in something. If we can take away the words, and the suspicion, and the stigma, we all believe the same. If more of us can open our eyes to the wonder that exists, no matter what it is called, perhaps we can learn to love as “god” intended, and embrace our brothers and sisters, and reach our greatest potential.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:24 PM   #12262
EnchantedNightDweller

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she
Relationship Status:
Being single is a good thing and I like it.

Thanked 2,462 Times in 803 Posts
EnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST Reputation

I love my new job but I dislike working 12-hour days.
EnchantedNightDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EnchantedNightDweller For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #12263
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,100 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Going under the knife....
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2014, 09:49 PM   #12264
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Being proud of my college football team even if they lost, they played like hell against florida state

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #12265
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

My dad passed away this evening after a long difficult illness, so my thoughts are on him I guess. It's a double edged sword... I'll miss talking with him, but I am happy that he is no longer in pain. Journey well, dad!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #12266
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

On my mind since late last Thursday thru the entire long weekend....I'm anxious for my doctor's office to open tomorrow so I can bug them by a phone call as soon as they open for a followup and a few other questions.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #12267
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

leaving my cousins house in Gallup,New Mexico and headed to Amarillo,Texas to see her mom who is my 1st cousin.Family time again!
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2014, 01:39 AM   #12268
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Wishing I was sleeping instead of up on the puter but my back is grumpy,I took my pain pills and a mucle relaxer but i'm still up.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #12269
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Ive been thinking.....

As grateful as I am for this Asheville experience, being alone in it makes it feel very hollow....
Old 09-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #12270
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

my sweet partner....who is with her mother...who is very, very terminal. I hurt for her and wish I could be there with them both....this is a very difficult aspect to life....but the positive is she is able to spend this quality time with her as she transitions.....
Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #12271
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
My dad passed away this evening after a long difficult illness, so my thoughts are on him I guess. It's a double edged sword... I'll miss talking with him, but I am happy that he is no longer in pain. Journey well, dad!
I am very sorry for your loss Jesse
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #12272
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy My Ragdoll...

[I]Who ingested some "Frontline plus", early this morning..and is at the the local animal E.R..

And hopefully, his seizures will stop, soon./I]
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #12273
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I want to shave my hair...buzzzzz cut!! So tired of this mess
Old 09-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #12274
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Default on my mind...

...the moon...
....the quiet stars...
...sitting on my private second floor deck...
...the cold night air kissing my bare skin....
...a New Year's celebration and what it previously meant to me....
Old 09-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #12275
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Well... where to start.

... I need $3200 for a custody lawyer.
... We have to move in 3 weeks.... to I have no idea where.
... Someone needs to approve me for a home loan.
... First week of school went ok. But, how the hell do I balance everything now that the shit hit the fan?
... OH, and theres always the teaching program I need to start... that I am postponing now, again.
... Good things on my mind, too. Like the amazing woman I have been seeing for a little under a month.
... I need xanax...
Old 09-06-2014, 01:18 AM   #12276
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

OMG!!! It's 3AM!! ...it felt more like midnight...
Old 09-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #12277
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default A heavy heart for my partner....

who got a call early this am that her mother had passed away! She had just been with her for 8 days!! She has been quite ill for 2 weeks, while knowing her passing was imminent, it still hurts, dammit!.......
R.I.P. Ms. Lillian...I shall miss you!
Old 09-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #12278
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

My new doctor requesting a spinal tap and a few other tests...I hate spinal taps so much that when I gave birth twice, I refused to have the spinal block.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #12279
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 2,162 Times in 382 Posts
nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation
Default dream homes and disappointment

I found my dream home. A geodesic dome on 5 acres. Not far from my mom, same commute to work as I have now (just from a different direction) and with in the price range.
Called up the realtor, she gave me the skinny on the history and that it needs some repairs (excitement because I'm a DIY kind of girl)
I went up to peek in the windows today. And by "peek" I mean I climbed through one of the windows and went in. Hey, it was unlocked!....
"Some" repairs means total water damage, mold, no floors and the list goes on. This would go way out of my price range and know how.
Disappointed.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #12280
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekohl View Post
I found my dream home. A geodesic dome on 5 acres. Not far from my mom, same commute to work as I have now (just from a different direction) and with in the price range.
Called up the realtor, she gave me the skinny on the history and that it needs some repairs (excitement because I'm a DIY kind of girl)
I went up to peek in the windows today. And by "peek" I mean I climbed through one of the windows and went in. Hey, it was unlocked!....
"Some" repairs means total water damage, mold, no floors and the list goes on. This would go way out of my price range and know how.
Disappointed.
I'm disappointed for you as well. However, your efforts of excitement, climbing thru the window were adventurous! Just watch...the real dream will show up when you least expect it.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: