Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 09-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #581
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Whewwww. The stress about my mom is now Over. Her doc did the angiogram and it turns out her coronary arteries are just fine.
He thinks it's her age, physical condition (in shapeness), and her push mowing causing the problem, her lungs are fine too. So, my arguments with mom over me helping her MOW THE LAWN are VALIDATED...heh heh heh. I get to mow the lawn now with less friction from mom!! I suggested to her to do a very small area so she won't feel like I am just taking over things. She has just got to learn that she's NOT as young as she used to be, ya know.....and she ain't feeling it yet!! LOL

Now, back to MY regularly stressed life issues...............

Hope everyone here on the thread is doing ok. It's been a while since anyone else posted.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #582
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

It has been a while...life I guess!

Therapy is going well, except my annual alotment of insuranec has run out so I am paying out of pocket. I may need to drop to every other week, but I don't want to!

My anxiety is better, but I am still so jumpy. Our dog breathed behind me a couple of nights ago and I about jumped out of my skin! I hate being so hyper alert, I wonder when it will calm back down...I feel so silly about it all.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #583
Lillie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl,princess,her, that girl, she! but mostly just "babygirl"
Relationship Status:
single

Lillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST Reputation

I know in my heart my son is suffering from ptsd..he has done 2 tours in iraq and has isolated himself from all family..occassionally calling or emailing..(him and I were inseperable b4 his tours) I have seen him once in 2 yrs and I do not even have his current home address..I never stop reaching out to him, via phone calls that lead to voicemails because he didn't pick up the phone..to emails gone unanswered..to facebook posts gone unnoticed..but I never stop trying to contact him..reassure him..but as his mother I am lost as to how to get him help...he is a shell of a person..only drinking and hanging with his friends..I can not express the devestation we feel..its like a death..my daughter misses him so much..as do we all..but he ignores all attempts..

He came for a visit after my daughter turned 16 this past May..he laughed the same..but he was vacant..his amazing brown eyes were devoid of emotion..only a few times did the glimmer of the man he use to be show...and I reveled in it..I watched him sleep for hours..just to hear him breath...he is right in front of me but so very far away..I raised such an incredible young man..I know he understands the pain he is causing all his family..and we all just stand back and let him come back to us..but of course we all don't have a choice.do we? I have no idea where he even lives these days..and his phone is turned off...

I recieved a small prayer/poem from my sister - n - law regarding how the family "serves too"..but although geographically he is home..he isn't really here..he is still there...so I guess I will serve this with him..I miss him and it simply takes my breath away at times just how much..I cry often and console my daughter when she does...

I speak to my sister - n - law who's sun served in afghanastan in the airforce (my son is a marine) and gabe didn't come back completely either...he is lost..but at least he came home to his room..my son did not..he is out there..alone and going through it by choice alone...I do not know how to get to him..to help in any way..

signed
lost in the moment of his youth and missing the smell of him

I love you my amazing son..please fight and find your way back

thanks for listening

The most expensive jewels I ever wore around my neck was my child's arms

Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lillie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #584
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
I know in my heart my son is suffering from ptsd..he has done 2 tours in iraq and has isolated himself from all family..occassionally calling or emailing..(him and I were inseperable b4 his tours) I have seen him once in 2 yrs and I do not even have his current home address..I never stop reaching out to him, via phone calls that lead to voicemails because he didn't pick up the phone..to emails gone unanswered..to facebook posts gone unnoticed..but I never stop trying to contact him..reassure him..but as his mother I am lost as to how to get him help...he is a shell of a person..only drinking and hanging with his friends..I can not express the devestation we feel..its like a death..my daughter misses him so much..as do we all..but he ignores all attempts..

He came for a visit after my daughter turned 16 this past May..he laughed the same..but he was vacant..his amazing brown eyes were devoid of emotion..only a few times did the glimmer of the man he use to be show...and I reveled in it..I watched him sleep for hours..just to hear him breath...he is right in front of me but so very far away..I raised such an incredible young man..I know he understands the pain he is causing all his family..and we all just stand back and let him come back to us..but of course we all don't have a choice.do we? I have no idea where he even lives these days..and his phone is turned off...

I recieved a small prayer/poem from my sister - n - law regarding how the family "serves too"..but although geographically he is home..he isn't really here..he is still there...so I guess I will serve this with him..I miss him and it simply takes my breath away at times just how much..I cry often and console my daughter when she does...

I speak to my sister - n - law who's sun served in afghanastan in the airforce (my son is a marine) and gabe didn't come back completely either...he is lost..but at least he came home to his room..my son did not..he is out there..alone and going through it by choice alone...I do not know how to get to him..to help in any way..

signed
lost in the moment of his youth and missing the smell of him

I love you my amazing son..please fight and find your way back

thanks for listening
((((((((((Lillie))))))))))))

Being a mother of an adult child, I understand your pain. We never stop caring and nuturing our kids. You are doing all the right things. Letting him know that you are there is important even though he may not respond. At least right now. Sometimes it's easier to talk to a sibling. Maybe his sister can reach him. She doesn't have to say 'hey why aren't you contacting us' but maybe a simple invite to come by for dinner.

My heart goes out to you. My son has been astranged from me for 5 yrs now with absolutely no explanation. If it weren't for his sister, I wouldn't even know where he was.

May Spirit wrap your son in love and protection.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #585
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

I am back in a physical place that has caused me to have new PTSD. I had to come here for reasons i will not explain here, but just know that I am feeling like my head is going to explode! My Nerves are way outta whack, and my anxiety is over the limit. I don't want to be here, but I have to be here.

Please God, just get me through this week, see to it that your angels are standing tall beside me and that the truth sets me free. In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #586
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Whew.................glad to be home again. Although, the nightmares are still around, I'll be talking to my psych. doc to see about some new therapy for my new ptsd crap. Hope there's a way to get it where I am.

Ps...where the heck did everyone go? hmmm...
Old 09-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #587
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Its so terrible that soldiers are coming back from overseas with PTSD with so little help available! My thoughts are with you!

Just Being Me, so sorry that your PTSS has been kicked back in, I hope that you do not have to go back there! I know some triggers are almost impossible to avoid without making wayyyy tough decisions. and sometimes even then, nothing helps.

I am not as angry as I once was, the BrainSpotting seems to be helping. No more hallucinations auditory or visual, but still am jumpy & over stimulated. I have moved to being profoundly sad when I think about my past, which according to therapist is good.

My therapist fixed my pay rate so I can still afford to go every week, I am so thankful!

I need to make an appointment with my psychiatrist, but am nervous becasue I have not lost any weight. UGH. In fact I need to go see all my docs, but dread the fat recriminations.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #588
Dragonfly

How Do You Identify?:
Queersexual Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
smiling real big

Dragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST Reputation
Default still around

I'm sure I'm not the only one who comes here to read and find a little comfort in knowing you're not alone... So don't feel alone when the posting slows. I'm at the worst stage of getting to know someone, dating, when it comes to ptsd. Not just because of thinking about having to tell someone new ... Which is huge enough... But also because for me relationships themselves are a big part of what I struggle with. Abuse, physical and mental, is always there in the back of your mind ya know...? Being rushed or pushed or even yes, too liked, scares the holy crap right out of me... I don't have much else to add on it but I think many of you know exactly what its like. The worst feeling of all is knowing that what is supposed to be wonderful and joyful for so many people is just filled with unfair feelings like paranoia and panic. Its like the more I care the more afraid I get... And I have to fight the urge to run in the opposite direction... Caus I know that once I fall in love I can't stop myself from sticking it out waaay too long in so many cases. I'm getting back into counceling cause I really need outside perspective...
Old 09-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #589
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't been in here for quite sometime. I'd like you all to know that the end is in sight. Due to the nature of my ordeal, I can't go into to details, but I can tell you that one the biggest obstacles to overcome was fear. Unbelievable how much fear existed and how much it dominated by life. I ran from my life—my very person and ended up living on auto-pilot. The denial and suppressed feelings was so great that I never saw my physical changes as I aged or how much had I lost which was just about everything. I lost friends, material things and my livelihood.

It has taken 22 months to face and overcome my fears. First, I had to admit that something terrible had to be faced in my life. If I didn't face the inevitable, I would be running in circles as I had done all along as a way to avert or sidestep the ordeal. So I got on the right medicine so I could operate normally day to day, and help with the anxiety of facing what happened.

Secondly, I had to break it down into baby steps so I could move through the event. As I did this, it felt as though pieces were surfing which helped to alleviate the pressure in my chest. I felt that something was going to blow from the inside. The reason is because I had suppressed so much to the point were feelings and fears felt "impacted." The body can only take so much psychologically, physiologically and neurologically and I had suffered all three for...18 years. I felt absolutely powerless in facing the event, so baby steps were key in processing what happened.

Third, I had to feel the feelings and allow them to surface and get out of my system. I call it being unchained. I've had to move through fear and anger and so much negativity.

Now, as I type this, I've regained long term memory and let go of so much anger. This is a daily occurance. How beautiful to feel again and experience the person I am. Nothing is hidden anymore. It's a fall, my favorite season, and I am present within myself as my trauma continues to leave me.

Last edited by Jet; 09-27-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #590
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one who comes here to read and find a little comfort in knowing you're not alone... So don't feel alone when the posting slows. I'm at the worst stage of getting to know someone, dating, when it comes to ptsd. Not just because of thinking about having to tell someone new ... Which is huge enough... But also because for me relationships themselves are a big part of what I struggle with. Abuse, physical and mental, is always there in the back of your mind ya know...? Being rushed or pushed or even yes, too liked, scares the holy crap right out of me... I don't have much else to add on it but I think many of you know exactly what its like. The worst feeling of all is knowing that what is supposed to be wonderful and joyful for so many people is just filled with unfair feelings like paranoia and panic. Its like the more I care the more afraid I get... And I have to fight the urge to run in the opposite direction... Caus I know that once I fall in love I can't stop myself from sticking it out waaay too long in so many cases. I'm getting back into counceling cause I really need outside perspective...
I totally get what you are saying. being around someone new intimately makes me feel vulnerable and there is not way for them to know my triggers, so I have ended up freaked out a lot in the past.

To be vulnerable at all makes me want to scream.

I have found that if someone ios not willing to work with you on your PTSD issues, they are not good enough for you!

Best of luck, I hope things calm down for you!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #591
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I haven't been in here for quite sometime. I'd like you all to know that the end is in sight. Due to the nature of my ordeal, I can't go into to details, but I can tell you that one the biggest obstacles to overcome was fear. Unbelievable how much fear existed and how much it dominated by life. I ran from my life—my very person and ended up living on auto-pilot. The denial and suppressed feelings was so great that I never saw my physical changes as I aged or how much had I lost which was just about everything. I lost friends, material things and my livelihood.

It has taken 22 months to face and overcome my fears. First, I had to admit that something terrible had to be faced in my life. If I didn't face the inevitable, I would be running in circles as I had done all along as a way to avert or sidestep the ordeal. So I got on the right medicine so I could operate normally day to day, and help with the anxiety of facing what happened.

Secondly, I had to break it down into baby steps so I could move through the event. As I did this, it felt as though pieces were surfing which helped to alleviate the pressure in my chest. I felt that something was going to blow from the inside. The reason is because I had suppressed so much to the point were feelings and fears felt "impacted." The body can only take so much psychologically, physiologically and neurologically and I had suffered all three for...18 years. I felt absolutely powerless in facing the event, so baby steps were key in processing what happened.

Third, I had to feel the feelings and allow them to surface and get out of my system. I call it being unchained. I've had to move through fear and anger and so much negativity.

Now, as I type this, I've regained long term memory and let go of so much anger. This is a daily occurance. How beautiful to feel again and experience the person I am. Nothing is hidden anymore. It's a fall, my favorite season, and I am present within myself as my trauma continues to leave me.

So glad things are better! I know it's been a looong journey.

Letting go of the anger is proving very healing for me too! It is so difficult though.

Again, you sound so much better! yeay!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #592
Dragonfly

How Do You Identify?:
Queersexual Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
smiling real big

Dragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST Reputation
Default new day

So it really helped me and I wanted to share this maybe help someone else too.
The thought or realization that the other person is coming to the table with their own things, that even possibly similar experiences and yes sometimes even ptsd too.
No matter what you end up discovering along the way, realizing its a cooperative effort therefore you sarent all alone in the fear department... Thinking of the other person and allowing them the chance to be supportive and understanding can also break the ice for that person to share thiers with you...

Looking forward to the next time we can take chances together... Lol
Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #593
Lillie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl,princess,her, that girl, she! but mostly just "babygirl"
Relationship Status:
single

Lillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by friskyfemme View Post
((((((((((Lillie))))))))))))

Being a mother of an adult child, I understand your pain. We never stop caring and nuturing our kids. You are doing all the right things. Letting him know that you are there is important even though he may not respond. At least right now. Sometimes it's easier to talk to a sibling. Maybe his sister can reach him. She doesn't have to say 'hey why aren't you contacting us' but maybe a simple invite to come by for dinner.

My heart goes out to you. My son has been astranged from me for 5 yrs now with absolutely no explanation. If it weren't for his sister, I wouldn't even know where he was.

May Spirit wrap your son in love and protection.
sorry for the delayed response to this..I haven't checked back..

Thank you for your understanding..believe me the fact that I know I am not alone is a huge comfort for me..I have an amazing life..and I am surrounded by love..but the emptyness I feel with regards to my son..no one can fill. I wish it was that easy to invite him to dinner..he lives in ND and I love in AZ..so thats near impossible..I did notice the other day on his facebook that he responded to his friends and told them him phone was back on..so I text him, and called him as I always do..but again no response..I know people..several actually tell me to just give him time..but I find it amazing that parents who's kids abandon them are vigilant in getting them to return..yet to tell you the truth I have never been vigilant in going after anyone who has ever left me..when they are gone..they are gone..I don't take them back..yet for my son..the feeling of loss overwhelms me and consumes me at times..and all I think about is how to get him back..I remember when my son was 16..he asked me why I never spoke of my mother or why he never met her..i told him because he never asked..and because I have no idea where she is..she left me and my siblings when i was under 2 yrs old and never came back..he cried..for the first time in a long time..and told me how horrible it must be to not know the love of a mother..like he does..and thanked me for never leaving him or his sister..of course at the time the conversation was tucked away in my memory..but I think alot now about that day..and how he knew the struggles I went through..the abandonment issues I had..and had dealt with in therapy for years..and I now wonder if ever does he think that he in fact has abandoned me...does he remember that convesation..that day...the emotions exchanged between us?...I think if he did.he would realize how hurt I really am..

I still try..each day to reach out to him..I just hope one day he will turn around and see me holding out my hand for him to grab..

Lillie

The most expensive jewels I ever wore around my neck was my child's arms

Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #594
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ranting....I need to...

My little friend Ashley...(I hadn't seen for awhile since my brother and her sister don't see each other anymore...several years actually...)

My dad texted me out of the blue tonight to let me know that she OD'd and passed away yesterday. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

How? She was only 14...my daughter told me she hung out with the goth/emo kids and that she was a cutter...OMG, didn't anyone see? Didn't anyone try to help her, reach her?

They moved. Her sister and my brother have two little girls together...my nieces...but the family was bitter about the break up...so we don't ever see them. They preferred we just didn't.

Now Ashley is gone. And I am so pissed that she was just a little girl and that family is so screwed up that they didn't try anything and everything to reach her. I mean wth?

My kids mean everything to me. Everything. My daughters are 24 and 17. Ask anyone that knows me, I am a mother first, a woman second. My kids MUST come first because I chose to have them. They're here, it is my responsibility to raise them, nurture them, guide them, support them (to a degree), figure out what the heck is wrong with them when they won't tell me...I can't just sit idly by and think it'll work itself out...the world isn't like it used to be when I was a kid...this world now is scary as heck...and the only thing I can offer my kids IMO (let me add that in case someone wants to jump on me for something I've said here) IMO is to watch them...help them, talk to them, love them even when I think they're unlovable sometimes and they drive me to the brink...cuz if I don't--someone else will...and that devil never sleeps.

I am so mad right now. Mad at myself for not knowing, but I know I can't help EVERYBODY...much as I'd like to, especially the youth...mad at her parents for not reaching her...mad at my family for not reaching out to her...mad at the world for making it possible for this precious kiddo to think that there was no hope for her that she had no alternative but to die. Mad at myself for not knowing that she needed help.

Next project--youth center specializing in youth counseling/peer counseling. Faith based, you bet. I'll be damned if we are losing one more kid out here to depression and suicide, not to mention drugs. I've had enough. Not on my watch.

UGH!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #595
tuffboi29

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..in the queer deffinition of the queer meaning of the queer word...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. SuperTuff
Relationship Status:
Things happen...

tuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputation

I have an assignment and I have been dragging my feet all damn day.My therapist says that posting in here has helped me a lot.That maybe I should use it as a tool to help me overcome my obstacles.Part of my recovery revolves around my son. A large chunk involves me coping with losing him.

The flashbacks are bad today, but I'll give it a try.

Today was my son's due date.

My Libra baby.

He never had the chance to take his first breath.

His tiny life snuffed out in violence.

I've learned to forgive those involved in my son's death.

I don't think I've ever forgiven myself.
"Today we would pass through the scenes of our youth like travelers. We are burnt up by hard facts; like tradesmen we understand distinctions, and like butchers, necessities. We are no longer untroubled - we are indifferent. We might exist there; but, should we really live there?"

~Erich Maria Remarque "All Quiet on the Western Front"

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4605968_n.jpg
tuffboi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuffboi29 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #596
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffboi29 View Post
I have an assignment and I have been dragging my feet all damn day.My therapist says that posting in here has helped me a lot.That maybe I should use it as a tool to help me overcome my obstacles.Part of my recovery revolves around my son. A large chunk involves me coping with losing him.

My Libra baby.

it will get better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #597
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

My Libra baby.

Wrapping you in loving energy. I think most of us find it hard to forgive ourselves. gving However, forgiving and forgetting are two different things. You don't have to forget what you've suffered and are suffering now, forgiving is only about releasing the emotional energy surrounding the tragedy. Blessings to you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #598
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I want to thank everyone who recognizes my posts with your thanks. I think its important to share anything that may help each of us—even if its relaying the fact that you even have PTSD. I've mentioned before that PTSD for me is Post Traumatic Shock Disorder. That's not official; I was diagnosed with stress disorder but it does come from a severe shock to my system.

The nature and degree of my condition was severe and so to overcome this is an ever greater challenge. It involves memories, excessive fear, and reliving much of the ordeal daily for me. A lot has left my system and each day I'm on a more even keel. One of the things that I did for myself is everything I could to lead a normal existence daily even being as consumed with shock and neuro-physiological damage.

There were hundreds of days that I lived hour to hour—even minute to minute totally comnsumed in shock. Once I commited to face my ordeal, I began to "normalize" my daily life. Healthy eating, sleep, taking care of small things until they became larger things. Keeping my home clean, my things washed—eventually exercising, and I picked up old hobbies, or things I had always enjoyed before things happened. And there were many times that these were a struggle to do.

The most important thing I did was to stay out of isolation. People have been very good to me, talking many hours and keeping me company on the phone many a night. I will never forget them for the endless hours they kept with me without complaint. You really find out who your friends are.

I made my environment comfortable and as "safe feeling" as possible. I can't stress how important it is to do everything to "normalize" your surroundings
and nurture yourself.

For me, meds didn't work. They help with anxiety but I could never "medicate it away" as my doctor tried to do. I lost out and my life spiraled out of control—even losing jobs—because I was so medicated.

Relieving my PTSD is about letting out pent up fear and shock and garbage that I have internalized for so many years. I'm going give myself a lot of credit here because I could have easily turned to alcohol and drugs—even suicide.

So...
stay strong and connected, normalize and be really good to yourselves. I hope everyone is doing okay.

Last edited by Jet; 10-17-2010 at 03:56 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #599
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

My Libra baby.

(((((tuffboi29))))) I understand because I have been there too. Losing my children to violence in each pregnancy; the last time left me near death and unable to get pregnant ever again.

Not sure how long it has been for you - for me it has been about 30 years. Like you I have forgiven the person responsible (their father) but never myself. My counselor is helping me through this. I'm no longer afraid of the flashbacks and now face them head on. I will win.

Jet is right, it does get better. It takes time and you are so worth it.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #600
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
(((((tuffboi29))))) I understand because I have been there too. Losing my children to violence in each pregnancy; the last time left me near death and unable to get pregnant ever again.

Not sure how long it has been for you - for me it has been about 30 years. Like you I have forgiven the person responsible (their father) but never myself. My counselor is helping me through this. I'm no longer afraid of the flashbacks and now face them head on. I will win.

Jet is right, it does get better. It takes time and you are so worth it.
((((((((((((Miss Scarlett))))))))))))

How dare any fucking scum bag hurt you!
Me thinks you're not at all guilty. We're here for you and tuffboi.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post: