Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #1201
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

SKYFALL

It's tremendous. If you are a true Bond fan you will adore this film and I'd love to discuss the Aston Martin DB-5!

It's off the hook, bitches.
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #1202
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
SKYFALL

It's tremendous. If you are a true Bond fan you will adore this film and I'd love to discuss the Aston Martin DB-5!

I agree! "Skyfall" was fab-u-lous! I especially liked the fact (not giving anything away here) that the character of the villain was well developed to the point of almost some sympathy.

"Life of Pi" was torture to sit through. Only the promise of more milkduds got me to sit still.

"Wreck it Ralph" had some adult laughs and not torture to sit through (as some kiddie flicks are). Kids loved it.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #1203
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Les Misérables.

I loved it, but there were a handful of people who walked out of the theater. One guy made an announcement on his way out that the movie sucks.
If I had one complaint it's that it was too long. There really can be too much of a good thing, and this one walks the line.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #1204
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
Les Misérables.

I loved it, but there were a handful of people who walked out of the theater. One guy made an announcement on his way out that the movie sucks.
If I had one complaint it's that it was too long. There really can be too much of a good thing, and this one walks the line.

Have you seen it in live theatre? I've seen it twice live so wondered if the film version would drag on some. I saw Rent live and when I saw the film version I was nonplussed. But I've seen Phantom live and on film and enjoyed them both so was curious about Le Mis....

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #1205
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Foreign Movies

"Les Choristes" trans "The Chorus"

warmhearted, beautiful voices, great music

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #1206
DanzAmazon

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
TBD by how I know you.
Relationship Status:
Single

DanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST ReputationDanzAmazon Has the BEST Reputation

SKYFALL: I loved it as well, and we should talk about that car!
Hmm, well Aston Martin's in general; I love those cars, Aston's and Bugatti's, but I digress.

The Hobbit: Liked it a lot, and I'll probably go see it again in the theatre before it's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
SKYFALL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Renaissance Femme: the world thru the lense of a femme leatherdyke - http://therenaissancefemme.wordpress.com/

The Delicious Experience - Eco-Adventure Tours & Retreats for all budgets.
DanzAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanzAmazon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #1207
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Saw two movies last night....

What to expect when you're expecting
War horse
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #1208
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
Have you seen it in live theatre? I've seen it twice live so wondered if the film version would drag on some. I saw Rent live and when I saw the film version I was nonplussed. But I've seen Phantom live and on film and enjoyed them both so was curious about Le Mis....

Katniss~~
I saw Les Miserables in the cinema the other night and was not impressed.
It was a very well made (and expensive looking) film, and it is likely to pick up Oscar nominations for art direction and related cinematography and design pieces. but I felt it lost all the magic of the theatrical production and all of the substance of the book.

I was sorely disappointed.

And while I thought both Jackman and Hathaway should be commended for their efforts, because they clearly tried really hard, they did not do the libretto justice; and Crowe was truly awful, murdered "Stars". The actor who sang Marius' role went very Kermit the Frog in his falsetto which was cringe worthy (to me). The two younger women who sang Cosett and Eponine were both very talented though. And the ensemble cast seemed stacked with Broadway cast members, they were the highlight for me.

By the end my bum was numb, I had to wee desperately, I was irritated and i couldn't wait for it to be over.

BFs comment: "they sang The WHOLE thing"
Old 12-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #1209
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Snow White and The Huntsman. The special effects were good, and it was definitely pleasing on the eyes. I wanted to like it, but it was too drawn out and I found myself actually bored in several places.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #1210
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

guilt trip -- I went with my mom. It was funny, full hearted, and good.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #1211
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Kinky Boots! I cannot tell you how much I loved that movie. I recommend it highly.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #1212
CXanderRun
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Shoo, don't bother me.

CXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST Reputation

The last movie I saw was Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away.

It was a beautiful story although a little confusing at times. Even though it was 3D and normally I can't stand those types of movies I found myself unable to look away even with the people in the metal wheels almost gave me a panic attack.
CXanderRun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CXanderRun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #1213
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Silver Linning Playbook and Guilt Trip~~

Good for a few yucks but wait till they come out in video. I did see a preview of a movie with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy called The Heat that looks funny as hell tho
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #1214
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Ruby Sparks

A once famous young novelist with writers block and a lackluster love life, creates and brings to life a woman who inspires his writing and his life.

Simple, magical concept but this does an excellent job exploring relationships, especially in accepting and appreciating people for who they are rather than trying to change them into who and what we want them to be.

Was kind of cute and sweet and painful.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #1215
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

yesterday I saw Les Miserables and Django
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #1216
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I had M go by the Redbox on hys way home from work and get this movie TALHOTBLOND....wth we both just stared at eachother with the whole thing...super disturbing but good and based on a true story which makes it even more disturbing.
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #1217
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I saw the new "Texas Chainsaw" movie in 3-D.

I liked it because they didn't re-tell the same old, and tired story...it was more of a continuation of the original film from the 1970's.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #1218
MsM

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Leather Dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She, Lady, Ms, and sometimes babygirl :)
Relationship Status:
Taken

MsM Has the BEST ReputationMsM Has the BEST ReputationMsM Has the BEST ReputationMsM Has the BEST ReputationMsM Has the BEST ReputationMsM Has the BEST ReputationMsM Has the BEST ReputationMsM Has the BEST ReputationMsM Has the BEST ReputationMsM Has the BEST ReputationMsM Has the BEST Reputation

Les Misérables.

I loved it, I've seen it on and off broadway probably 5 times now. I have been signing the entire musical since I was 17. It's my all time favorite musical.

I hear what everyone is saying, and was disappointed with Crowe's singing. However I felt like they all did a good job considering they aren't professional singers, and they did it all live. Even Crowe worked well with what he had, even if he did destroy Stars and it broke my heart a little

Loved Eponine, who has always been my favorite. She nailed the part.

Before that I saw the Hobbit on Xmas.

One of my favorite books, I was underwhelmed by the movie. Don't know if its cause of all the extra bits they put in there, or how they moved stuff around, or it's just a case of I've seen dwarfs and hobbits already - you don't impress me now. Either way I was not real happy with the movie as a whole.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #1219
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
perfectly content with true love

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

the art of getting by......rlly enjoyed that one ....
Old 01-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #1220
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

we are watching "Peggy Sue Got Married" right now. We needed a feel good movie...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie