Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2020, 09:48 AM   #11
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,126 Times in 3,009 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
Easy,

She does have a port. I don't know how to make it but I was recently reading about it. Do you have a recipe? I will also Google it.

Thanks for the suggestion, EGF!
I'm glad she has a port. That makes things easier.

There are a lot of ways to make stock. If you have a crock pot/slow cooker it's easiest. When I had cancer I couldn't handle touching meat but I had friends with a farm and they would make this for me any time they were processing a chicken or turkey.

I usually start with roasting a chicken and then breaking it down. But it doesn't have to be chicken. Beef bones can make the stock thicker though and that's not always desired- though it does add more protein.
Put all of the bones and some of the bone meat into crock pot.
Add in celery garlic onions mushrooms carrots turmeric salt and a small splash of vinegar (vinegar just helps break up the bones to release more nutrients). I also really like turnips in there.
Top with water to about two inches from the top.
Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
Strain.
Serve.

You can do all of the same stovetop with a big pot. It's just easier with a crock pot so you don't have to watch it so much.

If you can get Miso paste to make miso broth that's also super high protein and healthy to drink when you can't get food down.

Last edited by easygoingfemme; 06-26-2020 at 09:50 AM.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: