Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #2221
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Homecoming Photo of Gay Marine Kissing Boyfriend Goes Viral

Homecoming Photo of Gay Marine Kissing Boyfriend Goes Viral

A photo of a Marine kissing his boyfriend upon returning home from a tour of duty is going viral with more than 15,000 likes and 3,000 comments on Facebook. The photo, which shows Marine Brandon Morgan locked in a romantic embrace with his boyfriend was initially posted on the Facebook page Gay Marines, where it was met with a great deal of enthusiasm.

“You made my day! Thank you for your service and congratulations on your love. This is what we’ve been fighting for,” one commenter wrote

“I am glad that you are safe at home and with the person you love. Thank you for your service to this great country of ours. Be happy and stay safe,” wrote another

But not all responses were as supportive. One commenter called the photo ”a damn shame,” and another posted simply “yuck.”

Brandon Morgan, upon finding out about his sudden Internet fame, released the following statement via his Facebook page:

“To everyone who has responded in a positive way, my partner and I want to say thank you. … Can’t believe how many shares and likes we have gotten on this. We didn’t do this to get famous, or something like that. We did this cause after 3 deployments and four years knowing each other, we finally told each other how we felt. As for the haters, let em hate. … To quote Kat Williams, everyone needs haters, so let them hate.

“We are the happiest we have ever been, and as for the whole PDA and kissing slash hugging in uniform … it was a homecoming, if the Sergeants Major, Captains, Majors, and Colonels around us didn’t care … then why do you care what these random people have to say? In summation, thank you for your love and support. I received a lot of friend requests off this. I don’t just accept requests so if your request was because of this post, message me and let me know. Goodnight all, and Semper Fi.”

The Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act, which allowed for gays and lesbians to serve openly in the military, was signed into law by President Obama on Dec. 22, 2010, and was fully implemented on Sept. 20, 2011. It overturned the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy, which had banned openly gay, lesbian or bisexual people from serving in the military since Dec. 21, 1993.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #2222
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, hy, hym, does not matter
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,604 Times in 411 Posts
Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but to be honest this is really damn scarey....

Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #2223
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Medical marijuana patient denied liver transplant: It’s too late for me

A man who was refused a liver transplant by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles because he used medical marijuana to cope with his symptoms is hoping his story will change the transplant policies of hospitals around the country.

“Now I just accept it, I deal with it, and I take it one day at a time,” Norman B. Smith told Reason TV. “I realize that the chance of Cedars changing their mind is a long shot. But if I can effect a change, so be it. It is probably too late for me, but I hope it makes it easier for the next guy.”

Smith was diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer in 2009. His oncologist at Cedars-Sinai, Dr. Steven Miles, approved of his medical marijuana use as a means to deal with the effects of chemotherapy and pain from an unrelated back surgery.

In September 2010, Smith became eligible for a liver transplant, but after testing positive for marijuana in February he was removed from the transplant list due to non-compliance with the hospital’s substance abuse contract. Smith was within two months of receiving a transplant before he was de-listed.

“Marijuana is considered substance abuse,” Peggy Stewart, a clinical social worker with UCLA’s transplant program, explained. “The legality of it is really not an issue.”

The hospital said that using marijuana put transplant patients at risk of infection from aspergillus, a mold found in marijuana. But the dispensary Smith gets his marijuana from tests its product for aspergillus and other contaminants in compliance with FDA guidelines.

“It’s safer than the spinach and lettuce that you eat,” Smith said.

Stephanie Sherer of Americans for Safe Access told Reason TV the issue was not an isolated incident. In 2008, a medical marijuana patient from Seattle died after being denied a liver transplant by the University of Washington Medical Center. Less than a year later, another medical marijuana patient from Big Island died at Hilo Hospital after being denied a liver transplant.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #2224
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Andrew Breitbart Dead: Conservative Blogger Dies Suddenly At 43
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #2225
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Wall Street's Secret Spy Center Run For the 1% BY the NYPD
Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #2226
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Blunt amendment goes down 51-48
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #2227
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

After Sen. Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts died in 2009, Breitbart tweeted, "Rest in Chappaquiddick" and called him "a special pile of human excrement."

Gee, Mr. Breitbart seemed like such a nice guy. What a loss. And at a time when the conservatives seem to be running short of people who say the nicest things about others.

Case in point:Rush Limbaugh Calls Sandra Fluke, the Woman Denied the Opportunity to Speak at Contraception Hearing, a Slut and a Prostitute.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #2228
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

How Empires Fall. An interview with Jonathan Schell, author of "The Unconquerable World," on how non-violence can topple the greatest of empires.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #2229
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Female bonobos 'advertise' homosexual bonds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/17117661
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #2230
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Do you all remember when the Dixie Chicks dared criticized then President Bush and they were called UN-American? And to add insult to injury, they were right in their criticism. Then that entire campaign against them, their songs not being played on the radio, etc?

Below is just the latest example of the foul and disgusting stuff being thrown at President Obama. There are many more, perhaps a new thread is in order.

My question is, why aren't the same people, or heck anyone, calling them UN-Americans?

This man is not only claiming the President is not American, now he has the balls to imply FRAUD?

Are you fucking kidding me? Am I the only one sick of this?

Joe Arpaio, Prominent Sheriff, Unveils Results Of Investigation Into Obama Birth Certificate
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #2231
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

the biggest mouths u ruusaly non voters and in this case. unamerican. I am compaigning for obama ..ignoarnce remains undigestable.
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #2232
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Do you all remember when the Dixie Chicks dared criticized then President Bush and they were called UN-American? And to add insult to injury, they were right in their criticism. Then that entire campaign against them, their songs not being played on the radio, etc?

Below is just the latest example of the foul and disgusting stuff being thrown at President Obama. There are many more, perhaps a new thread is in order.

My question is, why aren't the same people, or heck anyone, calling them UN-Americans?

This man is not only claiming the President is not American, now he has the balls to imply FRAUD?

Joe Arpaio, Prominent Sheriff, Unveils Results Of Investigation Into Obama Birth Certificate
My first thought when I saw this article was "still?".

People, just get over it!!

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #2233
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:

Well, I'm certainly sick of it, so no, you're not the only one.

The people who attacked the Dixie Chicks are not calling birthers unamerican cause that particular rhetoric doesn't fit their purpose. And probably because they are one and the same.

Why are the liberals not calling unamerican? Good question. Probably for the same reason liberals have conceded morality to the conservatives and the religious right. Regardless of the fact that they are neither moral or right.

Why does no one make the distinction between private morality and public morality? Why does no one point out how it is not morally superior to clap and cheer when a man without insurance dies or to boo a gay man serving in the military. It is not moral to publicly call a woman who wants to speak on contraceptives a slut and a prostitute. It is not morally superior to pervert the truth, yet the radical right does this on a daily basis. The truth is so twisted and warped it is unrecognizable when spoken by these people of god. Why does no one call them on their lack of ethics and morality. Since when does god advocate his followers practice relentless cruelty and a spectacularly astounding lack of compassion and good will. When I read the words of these fanatics, these so called religious god fearing folk I think about this sign
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #2234
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Blue States Are the Providers - Red States Are the Parasites
with a map with the ratio of benefits received to taxes paid by state
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #2235
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:

Just thinking maybe the people who elected this sheriff would be better served if he used his cold case posse to investigate the more than 400 sex-crimes cases that were either inadequately investigated or weren't investigated at all
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #2236
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Graduate hands back Oxford degree over Christian Concern conference

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/03/01...rn-conference/
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #2237
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Do you all remember when the Dixie Chicks dared criticized then President Bush and they were called UN-American? And to add insult to injury, they were right in their criticism. Then that entire campaign against them, their songs not being played on the radio, etc?

I was thinking about what you said here. It is true most of the foul disgusting stuff being thrown period comes from the conservative camp. I was also thinking about the death of Breitbart and the things I wanted to say about him but didn't. And then I thought about the vile and disgusting ways many on the right treat the deaths of those they don't agree with or dislike, even going so far as to picket their funerals. Then I came across this article on the Daily Kos:

My condolences to Andrew Breitbart's family on the news of his unexpected and untimely death this morning. He devoted his life to making that of others a living hell, so I think he would expect some of the incredibly vile things being said about his death.

That being said, I won't participate in the little schadenfreude fest, as I don't like speaking ill of the deceased. Remember how you felt when conservatives rejoiced over the death of Ted Kennedy...although Breitbart was nowhere in the same universe as Ted Kennedy, he was still a pretty big icon to conservatives. Don't get even, get moral.

On virtually every count our views were 100% polar opposite, but that makes him my political opponent, and I don't wish harm or ill on my political opponents like he did his. I advise you to take a page out of Shirley Sherrod's book of class, a woman who had every right to hate Mr. Breitbart.

I will say that I wish he'd had a chance to calm down and learn to live life less angrily than he did, but he made his choices and died seemingly doing what he loved the most: arguing. He seemed to have had his demons that haunted him on a daily basis.

May you rest in the peace you couldn't make with yourself in life, Andrew.

And may the rest of us find the civility Breitbart couldn't.

Maybe it's just as simple as liberals and progressives are just kinder, more compassionate, morally superior people.

Hopefully nice guys won't finish last.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #2238
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Sandra Fluke Receives Call From Obama After Rush Limbaugh 'Slut' Comments

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1316631.html
Old 03-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #2239
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default It's all about the money, lets hope it makes an impact.

Rush Limbaugh Advertisers Pulls Commercials In Wake Of Sandra Fluke 'Slut' Firestorm
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #2240
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

More encouraging news from an advertiser http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...r-?via=siderec

Tags
breaking news, news