Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 04-07-2020, 07:36 PM   #4001
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Georgia's right; the liquor stores are deemed essential because alcoholics can die from a rapid detox. That alcohol can take the edge off for the average person that drinks--making them and their stressors more bearable--is just gravy.
In our part of the state people can buy alcohol online through Walmart. You have to show identification when you pick it up at the store or have it delivered to your home. Not all stores in every state offer the service though.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 10:37 PM   #4002
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Gov. Jay Inslee today, recognizing the dire situation in other states, announced the state of Washington will return more than 400 ventilators received from the Strategic National Stockpile to the SNS inventory to help states facing higher numbers of COVID-19 cases.

I'm happy to hear this BUT judging from what I witnessed today, people who have heard this must mistakenly think it's OK now to stop practicing social distancing and leave the house! I saw people out in groups today, some practically standing shoulder to shoulder!

I was ONLY out today because of an medical appointment I could not avoid. After the appointment I headed straight home but things I saw on my way there made my head spin!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2020, 12:28 AM   #4003
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Our new press secretary, right off the state media bus, Kayleigh McEnany. Unlike Grisham, who did not give one single briefing, I am sure she will be a regular spinning lies for the Trump administration as she has done daily at her Fox news position.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2020, 08:42 AM   #4004
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Our new press secretary, right off the state media bus, Kayleigh McEnany. Unlike Grisham, who did not give one single briefing, I am sure she will be a regular spinning lies for the Trump administration as she has done daily at her Fox news position.

I don't care who he brings in, I doubt anyone could hold a candle to that lying, spin doctor Sarah Huckabee!
Old 04-08-2020, 09:34 AM   #4005
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Bernie Sanders

Sanders is dropping out of the Presidential race! He ran a really good campaign, especially in making more people aware of the need for universal health care.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2020, 10:06 AM   #4006
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default News

Editor’s note: This story has been updated to clarify that 3M has been asked to stop supplying N95 respirators to Canada.

U.S.-based company 3M said Friday that it has been asked by the Trump administration not to supply N95 respirators to Canada amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....

3M refused to obey the order and shipments have been sent to Canada as agreed on. We just love that guy, what a self centered...... whatever. Not a nice thing to demand in this world-wide situation. That ass should remember what Canada did during 911, how soon we forget eh.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2020, 10:31 AM   #4007
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Sanders is dropping out of the Presidential race! He ran a really good campaign, especially in making more people aware of the need for universal health care.
What what what?!?!?!

I can't wait to see who he chooses as his running mate. I wonder if he will wait awhile, or if he's already chosen somebody.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2020, 01:03 PM   #4008
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
What what what?!?!?!

I can't wait to see who he chooses as his running mate. I wonder if he will wait awhile, or if he's already chosen somebody.
i wonder if he was leaned upon...with him out, they don't have to have a convention
Old 04-08-2020, 05:32 PM   #4009
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Field hospital at CenturyLink Event Center to be redeployed to a state in more need

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Gov. Jay Inslee today, recognizing the dire situation in other states, announced the state of Washington will return more than 400 ventilators received from the Strategic National Stockpile to the SNS inventory to help states facing higher numbers of COVID-19 cases.

I'm happy to hear this BUT judging from what I witnessed today, people who have heard this must mistakenly think it's OK now to stop practicing social distancing and leave the house! I saw people out in groups today, some practically standing shoulder to shoulder!

I was ONLY out today because of an medical appointment I could not avoid. After the appointment I headed straight home but things I saw on my way there made my head spin!
This is good new obviously, but again I fear publicizing this is giving those less intelligent folks the impression they can run wild! To his credit the Governor has stated emphatically he isn't sounding the all clear and for folks to stay home and continue following the guidelines for protecting oneself from Coronvirus.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 04:47 AM   #4010
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Sanders' Strategy

Quote:
Yeah, he's out, but is he?! Dear god! The man refuses to be someone known as being gracious in defeat. He is still keeping his "name" on the ballet for the Democratic Convention; and similar to his fight against Hillary (and everything he thought and believed she stood for), he continues to endorse no one - which, of course, had the drastic effect of quite a few of his supporters voting for the other "guy" (Trump). He remains utterly intransigent and bull-headed. I think that his greatest moral character defect/flaw would have to be his complete lack of humility. What a difference it would make if his ego energy would be more directed towards supporting the Dems in their bid to win the next election...
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #4011
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Seattle closing major parks for the weekend....

Because of continued gatherings in major parks and crowded public places, the City of Seattle announced today (Thursday) the full closure of major regional parks this weekend where social distancing guidelines have not been followed by patrons. Effective Friday, April 10th at 11pm with parksm reopening on Monday, April 12 at 4:30 am.

No common sense even during a pandemic!? Officials knew warmer weather was expected since before the beginning of this week and yet did nothing until yesterday, after scads of people started showing up at area parks! The local news showed various parks and of course Alki beach loaded with people out enjoying the 60+ temps and sunshine.

I'm still trying to figure out why the closure didn't take effect immediately...!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2020, 09:02 AM   #4012
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Because of continued gatherings in major parks and crowded public places, the City of Seattle announced today (Thursday) the full closure of major regional parks this weekend where social distancing guidelines have not been followed by patrons. Effective Friday, April 10th at 11pm with parksm reopening on Monday, April 12 at 4:30 am.

No common sense even during a pandemic!? Officials knew warmer weather was expected since before the beginning of this week and yet did nothing until yesterday, after scads of people started showing up at area parks! The local news showed various parks and of course Alki beach loaded with people out enjoying the 60+ temps and sunshine.

I'm still trying to figure out why closure didn't take effect immediately...!
When the parks close, where do the homeless people go? Or do homeless people not live in the parks in Seattle?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:12 AM   #4013
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
When the parks close, where do the homeless people go? Or do homeless people not live in the parks in Seattle?
The homeless are everywhere there in Seattle sad to say......
Old 04-10-2020, 09:43 AM   #4014
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Why would we believe anything this idiot said.......

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) faced backlash on Thursday after he falsely claimed that no one in the U.S. under the age of 25 had died from COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus. “This particular pandemic is one where, I don’t think, nationwide there’s been one single fatality under 25, for whatever reason, it just doesn’t seem to threaten, you know, kids,” DeSantis told educators during a meeting about distance learning during the pandemic.

However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports on its website that one infant and four people aged 15 to 24 are confirmed to have died from the disease in the U.S. The deaths of infants in Illinois and Connecticut have also reportedly been linked to COVID-19.

This is the Einstein who let spring breakers run a muck!
Old 04-10-2020, 10:28 AM   #4015
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Joe Scarborough to Rush Limbaugh: Go ‘Bag Groceries’ if You Want to Restart the Economy

On Friday’s “Morning Joe,” host Joe Scarborough offered some on-air advice to conservative radio scion Rush Limbaugh, who’s been vocal about his doubts regarding the seriousness of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic: Bag groceries if you want to restart the economy.

On multiple occasions, Limbaugh has cast doubt on the number of coronavirus deaths, saying on Tuesday “there may be some politics involved” in what he thought were over inflated numbers. Public health experts, of course, believe the opposite. On Thursday, Limbaugh suggested that public health experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci, who sits on the White House’s coronavirus task force, are “Hillary Clinton sympathizers” who want to “get rid” of President Donald Trump.

“All of these Trump talking heads that are saying we should reopen the economy now, that Fauci — that it’s all a hoax? Hey, Rush Limbaugh? Why don’t you go to your local Publix and bag groceries?” Scarborough responded. The MSNBC host went on, with encouragement from co-host Mika Brzezinski, “If you think it’s such a great idea that we open the economy, you can lead by example by going to a grocery store and bagging groceries. You can do it today.”
Old 04-10-2020, 06:58 PM   #4016
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
i wonder if he was leaned upon...with him out, they don't have to have a convention

It's not this way anymore, but I am old enough to remember when the party's nominated candidate waited until the convention to announce his running mate.

It was always a great source of intrigue and speculation by the news reporters of that time!
Old 04-13-2020, 08:56 AM   #4017
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Trump lashes out at New York Times over report on coronavirus response..

President Trump lashed out at The New York Times over a story it published on Saturday that reported Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar repeatedly warned the president of the possibility of a coronavirus outbreak weeks before his administration began to crack down in its response to the threat.Trump denied the story in a Sunday night tweet, claiming it was “fake news” and that Azar told him “nothing” until after his office rolled out travel restrictions from China.

I think it's more than clear that Trump waited MUCH to long before taking action, so why Morning Joe had to spend their whole 3 hours today re-hashing this is beyond me..
Old 04-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #4018
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Fauci says 'rolling reentry' possible as soon as next month..

But the nation’s top infectious disease expert also repeatedly cautioned against a blanket reopening of the economy. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, on Sunday expressed measured optimism that parts of the country could begin relaxing stay-at-home orders amid the coronavirus pandemic as early as next month.

“I think it could probably start at least in some ways maybe next month,” Fauci said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “We are hoping by the end of the month we can look around and say, ‘OK, is there any element here that we can safely and cautiously start pulling back on.’ If so, do it. If not, then just continue to hunker down.”
Old 04-13-2020, 09:33 AM   #4019
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
President Trump lashed out at The New York Times over a story it published on Saturday that reported Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar repeatedly warned the president of the possibility of a coronavirus outbreak weeks before his administration began to crack down in its response to the threat.Trump denied the story in a Sunday night tweet, claiming it was “fake news” and that Azar told him “nothing” until after his office rolled out travel restrictions from China.

I think it's more than clear that Trump waited MUCH to long before taking action, so why Morning Joe had to spend their whole 3 hours today re-hashing this is beyond me..
Joe PLEASE stop beating a dead horse and move on!
Old 04-13-2020, 09:43 AM   #4020
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default The bickering continues......

Earlier Sunday, Trump tweeted, “Just watched Mike Wallace wannabe, Chris Wallace, on @FoxNews. I am now convinced that he is even worse than Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd of Meet the Press(please!), or the people over at Deface the Nation. What the hell is happening to @FoxNews. It’s a whole new ballgame over there!” Trump and Wallace have not seen eye-to-eye on what the relationship between journalists and people in positions of power should be. Trump has repeatedly attacked the anchor, while Wallace has said the president “is engaged in the most direct, sustained assault on freedom of the press in our history.”

Tags
breaking news, news