Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #41
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default a couple more campy films

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
Transamerica. I have wanted to see that movie since I first heard about it and - still have yet to!
It's definitely worth your time (and even the few bucks to buy a gently used copy)

Also, I just watched (yes, I know--I'm really behind) Victor Victoria with Julie Andrews--and I love it

I enjoyed Hedwig and the Angry Inch, too; but, it's one of those thought-provoking movies that is best (IMO) when watched and discussed with friends. (BTW: Jordy Jones' "Gender Without Genitals" in The Transgender Studies Reader is a pretty insightful critique of how Hedwig is actually a more conservative film that uses transsexualism as a metaphor for a gay male coming-of-out story.)

Oh, and Wildcat: I have never used it, but I think Amazon offers a digital download/video-on-demand of many films on its site...

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #42
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
I LOVE critiquing movies!!! (Especially afterwards, discussing with it a love or a close friend! )

Any Quentin Tarantino fans here? Blaze of Glory is now coming out, or just did - on DVD and I want to see it. It is in good Quentin form? (Worth purchasing?)

I LOVED going to movies in the Big Apple, but here at the cabin, well... I just don't get to the "BIG SCREEN" too often here - if you know what I mean!

WILD

*Oh, is the "Netflix?" a paid for internet site for newer movie watching? How does that work? Anyone here belong, or subscribe? It might be good for me being tucked away a bit and loving movies so much. Is there a limit? A minimun? Or you must pay a set fee amount no matter what - and by the movie too, or... only by each movie? Or both? Never mind, duh! I'll look it up! Any opinion by anyone would be appreciated though! Thanks.
I subscribe, it's good and convenient
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #43
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

2012 had spectacular effects. long movie.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #44
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

We recently saw "Up in the Air". It was very good, two thumbs up. Enjoyed the dialogue.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #45
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Two recents

The Blind Side is a fantastic movie! I expected it to be sad, but it is really more of a feel good movie.

What appears to be a bit of a sleeper is Pirate Radio. If you have any love at all of classic rock music, it is a must see! It is one that I will definately buy when it comes out on Blu Ray!

Happy Movie Watching!

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #46
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone seen "Nine" with Penelope Cruz etc?

And is it just me or did 2009 and feature a LOT of "9" movies? I can think of three offhand.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #47
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really curious about the Lovely Bones. I hope they do a good job with it.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #48
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
I'm really curious about the Lovely Bones. I hope they do a good job with it.
The only King book I've ever read is "Bag Of Bones." Do you know off-hand if this is related to that?

I loved that book. I also really loved "The Green Mile" once a certain sneezy redhead convinced me to watch it. I just hate horror so much that I think ALL of King's stuff is horror.

If this movie is based on "Bag Of Bones", I will go see it.

SNORT. I just researched it. Not the book or the author I'm thinking of. Oh well. sad face.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #49
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sherrie and I loved our Date night move "The Blind Side"..I love football, and...she loves me..so it was all good.

Also enjoyed the true story ~Julie & Julia with Meryl Streep as the legendary Julia Child. Julie struggling to make the over 500 recipes's, working full time and blogging daily was fun.. Streep, as always was excellent.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #50
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Default My favorite movie....

My favorite all time movie has to be RUDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a DIE HARD Notre Dame fan though ( gosh I hope their program gets turned around soon )
I'm not sure if the femme girls would like the movie or not, but it really is a great motivational movie.

-RNguy
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #51
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

we saw 'up in the air' on xmas, with EZ's mom. it's one of the better movies i've seen in awhile...we all liked it and it has a good soundtrack. (also, we've finally recovered from seeing 'precious' about a month ago)
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #52
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

My only comment about 2012 is that it had stunning effects.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #53
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Just saw Avatar (3D at the Imax) for the second time. I can't say enough good things about this movie! Who else has seen it?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #54
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Quentin Tarentino floats my boat lol

Deathproof was so fucking awesome i have to watch it again

the ending was totally unexpected and had me actually cheering

now i wish i wouldve seen it on the big screen when it came out

and the soundtrack was phenomenal but of course his movies always have great music but this one was exceptionally swell lol

He is a master of dialogue---people in real life talk like his characters do.....they talk about bullshit and inane drivel and its fucking hilarious lol

I just love his movies beyond belief even the movies that he wrote and did not direct like Natural Born Killers and True Romance are awesome!!
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #55
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

The last couple of weeks, I've been watching a couple of wonderful classics (for the first time).

The 1954 version of A Star is Born with Judy Garland--wow. This film is both emotionally stirring--and brilliantly made. Dorothy Parker, the poet, helped to write this screenplay (I just found out this bit of trivia!).

The Heiress (1949) with Olivia de Havilland and a very young Montgomery Clift. Love, riches, and a woman with gumption--this is a "must-see"!

Happy viewing, ya'll!

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #56
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I just got back from seeing the Green Zone.

I give it a thumbs up. A 7 or 8. Worth it to go to the theater.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #57
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I began to watch The Gray Man. Disgusting true story.. i will never see the reason for film makers to glorify serial child killers who their eat their victims, thereby by making a movie about them and their crimes. TV is disgusting. It's neither entertaining nor does it contribute to mental and emotional welfare on any level. It saturates the brain and being of filth, violence and unconscionable suffering. I'd like my soul to inhale something healthy, so...I turned this in the first half hour.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #58
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up watching it now (popcorn break!)

500 Days of Summer
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #59
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tonight's Flick

Capitalism: A Love Story

(but I think I need BP meds now)
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #60
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
500 Days of Summer

How was it? I heard it was good.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote