femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

I don't LIKE spiders, and they scare me ( especially the big meaty Dock Spiders that live near the lake/water) but I don't have an unreasonable fear of them.
I feel stage fright just prior to public speaking, but it quickly goes away as I 'get into' it.
Worst of all is being in small, cramped spaces. I watched the Descent and could barely stand watching them crawl through those caves and passages. Yikes!

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #42
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
It doesn't hurt when ya fall...only when you land!

<<< Mr.Obvious face
It does if you hit a few things on your way down....tree limbs....awnings....a roof....your mailperson.

Technically, until you hit that last one; it's not landing. It's falling, with pauses.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #43
chris1life

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, syr, he

chris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputation

Mice and heights both make me freak out. I figure I was supposed to be 10 foot off the ground I wouldnt be only 5"4. And mice are sooooo nasty.
chris1life is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chris1life For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #44
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Definitely heights AND confined spaces.
Being in a huge building with many offices late in the evening after everyone is gone, like a ... horror movie waiting to happen.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #45
uglyboi

How Do You Identify?:
As the 'The Bourne Identity'
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cheerful pessimist
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,213 Times in 327 Posts
uglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default I object

Beasley would tell you I have a fear of bathing!

I would object!
uglyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uglyboi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2017, 06:59 AM   #46
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

– heights
– bloody horror films
– roller coasters
– overpass on the freeway
– snakes, rodents, creepy crawly things
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2017, 05:55 AM   #47
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

elevators
underground parking
bridges sometimes get me panicked
i have a fear of drowning
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #48
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I have a bathtub phobia! I shower with no problems but just cannot soak in a bathtub due to childhood trauma. I'm not real crazy about hot tubs either, unless I'm drunk.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #49
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Omgosh I'm afraid of everything! The short list:
  • Escalators
  • Birds
  • Cats
  • Rodents
  • Snakes
  • Lizards
  • Men
  • Night
  • Crowds
  • Fair/Carnival rides
  • Butterflies
  • Heights
  • Closed in spaces
  • Deep water
  • Gas stoves/heaters
  • Driving
  • Bridges/Tall overpasses
  • Flying
  • Guns
  • Hospitals
  • Germs
  • Movie Theaters
  • Clowns
Old 08-17-2017, 09:06 PM   #50
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,392 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default tick-tock

Good grief, I posted in this thread four (yes 4) years ago! I also see a post from one of our dear ones who has left this world we currently inhabit.

Which brings me to a fairly new fear....running out of time. Watching my aging parents slip into ill health, my teen really start to mature into her own person, the city growing by leaps and bounds, meeting personal goals and making new ones. All these reminders of tick-tock. Fear of running out of time to do everything I wish to do, travel to all the places I want to see, all the museums, art, concerts, classes. Never enough time. I've never made a bucket list because there was always time...or not.

I also need to add another new-ish fear. Fear of losing faith. Faith in the goodness of humanity. Faith in my own humanity. Fear of losing that connectedness now that groceries and entertainment and social interaction are just a click away and I don't have to "deal with people." Fear I'll stop wanting to be kind (takes effort after all) or will become more impatient because now if I can't "click" and get "to the door delivery" in under two hours then....deep exasperated sigh. I'm afraid all this "screen life" will screen me *from* life. No smiling at a little kid who looks afraid in a crowd, or clapping for the other team even though mine didn't win, or bending down on the MARTA to tie a heavily pregnant woman's shoelace, or just a quick smile or joke with a stranger. I'm afraid of becoming jaded and losing faith in, well, all of us. But especially myself.

Katniss~~(also add afraid I am waaay overthinking these threads)
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2017, 06:27 PM   #51
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Stay in the light

I still fear the dark.

Well,not the night it self but what may lurk in it.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2017, 10:59 PM   #52
hopelessromantic69

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
all male
Relationship Status:
Single but unavailable

hopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputation

Drowning is my only fear. My brother shoved my head under the water when we were little and I have not gotten over it. The month and a half I was in Hawaii helped get over it some by snorkeling.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #53
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Fear of the dark.. I have to sleep with a small light on.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2017, 10:57 PM   #54
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah* View Post
Fear of the dark.. I have to sleep with a small light on.

Deborah
Weekends are spent in hotel rooms alone,so I always leave the bathroom light on.When I'm home,my wife thinks it's childish,but I have terrible nightmares if I sleep alone with the lights out,but only if I sleep alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2017, 04:12 AM   #55
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

claustrophobia
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #56
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I know I've said it before, but I feel it bears repeating – Clowns!!!
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 01:08 AM   #57
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

I hate heavy winds...anything over 15 miles scares the crap out of me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 05:42 PM   #58
indigo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-like
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

indigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputation

It's not a real phobia but I feel uncomfortable when it's dark in the street and someone is walking behind me; had a bad experience in a similar situation years ago.
indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indigo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 07:29 PM   #59
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

wasps: I freak out and leave. I will seriously panic. And if one lands on me I freeze and inwardly go berzerk.
Heights: I get vertigo and start panting a bit. I do eventually calm down if it's under a certain height.
sidewalk grating: can't walk on them. terrifying. sometimes force myself for being an idiot and then freak out while I'm doing it.

New! Social anxiety in lesbian spaces. Never happened in London. Happens here. Badly. I think all those times I got completely ignored and people barely spoke to me even when I spoke to them, when I went out after I got home, I took really to heart. So I panic now if I go to lesbian events. So I don't go anymore.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #60
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Those few/rare fricken dreams of falling and drowning OMFG!
Wake me up in a sweet ridden bed!

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fears, phobias