Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Whiplash

Teacher uses brutal methods to bring out the best in his students.

I enjoyed it even though it had a typical hollywood ending. It will probably earn an oscar or two.

Last edited by Orema; 01-11-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2015, 03:52 PM   #1982
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Remember Me...

I found this listing in a Leonard Maltin movie book so thought I'd check it out.
Moved sorta slow, hard to figure out what was what, but boy the end sure threw you a curve ball! Check it out and see what you think

A romantic drama centered on two new lovers: Tyler, whose parents have split in the wake of his brother's suicide, and Ally, who lives each day to the fullest since witnessing her mother's murder
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #1983
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs down

Wolf of Wall Street

For some reason I was looking forward to this. This was one of those I put on and it flunked the 30 minute test. I couldn't figure what was wrong so I looked at the reviews online to see if I was thinking of something else. Nope, great reviews all lined up. Cast, check, potentially interesting story, check, directed by Martin Scorsese, yep.

So, back I went since obviously I was just off to a bumpy start. Rich frat boy party scenes one after the other. 3 hours of it, it took two evenings for me to get through it. I wish they would have taken the story line (all 90 minutes of it), sprinkled in several shorter hooker fests (say, 30 minutes) and come out with a more interesting 2 hour film that would have been a decent portrait of the times and this man. It's the other full hour of what seemed to be purely gratuitous party/drug footage that irritated me.

I want my money back, and it was free.

Obviously my opinion is in the minority, so enjoy.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2015, 10:09 PM   #1984
Daktari

Unpopular opinion or not, I'm with you Kelt, I didn't like it. I think I lasted 15mins and knew it wasn't for me. Lots of the right ingredients but not to my taste.

I watched Whiplash t'other night. It was really enjoyable as Orema said. Not earth shattering but a decent movie. Another recommend for it from me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2015, 10:53 PM   #1985
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Whiplash

Teacher uses brutal methods to bring out the best in his students.

I enjoyed it even though it had a typical hollywood ending. It will probably earn an oscar or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Unpopular opinion or not, I'm with you Kelt, I didn't like it. I think I lasted 15mins and knew it wasn't for me. Lots of the right ingredients but not to my taste.

I watched Whiplash t'other night. It was really enjoyable as Orema said. Not earth shattering but a decent movie. Another recommend for it from me.
I had missed this preview earlier, it looks like something I will like. Sadly, I can't get it on Netflix yet so it's in the 'saved' queue. Hmm.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015, 12:36 AM   #1986
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

Garavito: The World’s Worst Serial Killer

20th centuries most prolific serial killer is largely unknown throughout the world, though he brutally murdered at least 140 children, posing as a priest or teacher he lured poor young boys away from their families, raped them and murdered them. Committing his crimes in various regions of Columbia South America in the 1990's he managed to elude authorities for nine long years.

VERY SAD and sickening

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015, 06:34 AM   #1987
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ditto here. I gave it 15 to 20 minutes and jumped ship. I'd rather watch a good movie 10 times than a bad one once. Obviously, we're in the minority. (shrug)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015, 06:43 AM   #1988
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I had missed this preview earlier, it looks like something I will like. Sadly, I can't get it on Netflix yet so it's in the 'saved' queue. Hmm.
I watched it on a site called Solarmovie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015, 06:52 AM   #1989
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHorses View Post
Garavito: The World’s Worst Serial Killer

20th centuries most prolific serial killer is largely unknown throughout the world, though he brutally murdered at least 140 children, posing as a priest or teacher he lured poor young boys away from their families, raped them and murdered them. Committing his crimes in various regions of Columbia South America in the 1990's he managed to elude authorities for nine long years.
This made me think of the movie Perfume (though Perfume is not based on a true story and neither is it documentary). I started watching Perfume but had to stop. I've watched some films on serial killers (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Silence of the Lambs, some mess on Jeffrey Dahmer, and of course Psycho), but I just can't do it anymore. Especially when the victims are children. Thank goodness they caught his ass.

Quote:
VERY SAD and sickening
Thanks for the heads-up on this. Will avoid it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015, 07:43 AM   #1990
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Ditto here. I gave it 15 to 20 minutes and jumped ship. I'd rather watch a good movie 10 times than a bad one once. Obviously, we're in the minority. (shrug)
I should have followed my gut. My normal line is 20 minutes and I had already gone over. It was like a bad investment you just watch keep sinking.

Maybe I just needed a reminder.

Quote:
I watched it on a site called Solarmovie
I've got to learn how to sling things around to different devices, especially since I'm considering the projector option. Thanks for the resource!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #1991
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Boyhood....

I know there has been lots of buzz about this flick, but IMHO huge waste of time!

First, the movie never ends up anywhere. Second, maybe I should of taken a cue by the title Boyhood! There is also a daughter in the movie, but not as much focus is shown on her life as the sons. Third, outside of showing how these young kids age, I'm not sure what Linklater was trying to do!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2015, 07:46 AM   #1992
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Took the family to see The Imitation Game and 3 outa 4 of us cried before the end. What a powerful and well produced story. I know my daughter just wanted to see her crush Benedict, and I was skeptical, but he knocked it outa the park. Great performances all round.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2015, 09:38 AM   #1993
pamela

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

pamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputation

i just saw the recent Hunger Games film. it was good. part 2 should be fine
pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2015, 06:14 PM   #1994
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Appropriate Behavior

Hirin is struggling to become an ideal Persian daughter, politically correct bisexual and hip young Brooklynite but fails miserably in her attempt at all identities. Being without a cliché to hold onto can be a lonely experience.

Read a good review about the movie, previews looked good too, but well just didn't do much for me at least. Check it out and see what you think
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #1995
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

The other half put on fried green maters.... Always a tear jerker
Old 01-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #1996
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,063 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

Annie. I liked this remake. I am also a fan of the original.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2015, 01:08 AM   #1997
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Paddington. Really cute and funny.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #1998
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I TOTALLY WANT TO SEE PADDINGTON!!!!!

/end fit

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #1999
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

"Into the Woods"
I love Sondheim and fairy tales so what's not to love right?
Wrong
I felt like I was being beat about the head and shoulders with the same song over and over and over AND it just carried on FOREVER.
I left before it was over, so disappointing. A big fat thumbs down
(I did adore Johnny Depp as the big bad wolf though, rrrrraawwrrr)

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #2000
Beachcomber

How Do You Identify?:
-

Beachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST ReputationBeachcomber Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
"Into the Woods"
I love Sondheim and fairy tales so what's not to love right?
Wrong
I felt like I was being beat about the head and shoulders with the same song over and over and over AND it just carried on FOREVER.
I left before it was over, so disappointing. A big fat thumbs down
(I did adore Johnny Depp as the big bad wolf though, rrrrraawwrrr)
I felt the same way. I wanted to like it, but it was very disappointing. I love Meryl Streep and Emily Blunt.

I just watched:

'Fury' (Brad Pitt) which was very good despite all the gore.
'Wild' (Reese Witherspoon) which as good but not as good as the hype.
Beachcomber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beachcomber For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie