Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

0C give or take a degree, all day, and multiple snow-flurries, although so far the snow is only settling on grass and parked cars, it's melting on the roads and pavements. But I couldn't get in to college today, as a snow shower hit just in time to make a steep hill impassable to the college minibus, so they couldn't get to the pickup point :-( Night has fallen, and the temperature's dropping slightly again.. I hope it isn't icy uinderfoot tomorrow!
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 12:47 PM   #3902
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Sprinkle...sprinkle...sprinkle............THEN.... ......melt! grrrrrr!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #3903
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

we had a dump of snow/rain/sleet aka “wintery mix” and it was a slippery sliding drive home from work where the traffic was insane on every road. i passed four accidents. Those people are having a really bad day

On another note, it was fun and beautiful and i got to break in my new snow brusher off-er and come home early to enjoy a nice warm cuppa coffee with some amazing moonshine in it
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #3904
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

34 degrees, sleet and rain snd has been since about 2.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #3905
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weather report

The snow is mostly gone so travel was better. I had to dodge a few cars this morning sliding on ice but the commute home was pretty easy.
Currently 40 degrees and tonight will be 30ish degrees.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 03:37 AM   #3906
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Some reports say it'll be 2 inches and some say it will be 7 inches. Either way, I'm not happy. This is the first time since I've been here that we got snow before January. I blame this on DC.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 04:35 AM   #3907
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

SNNOOOWWWWWWW!!!! (excited squeals) I helped my best friend get the snow off her car before she set off home (some 100 miles away) then nipped inside to put on some extra layers before attempting to make a snow sculpture. Sadly, I discovered that my artistic skills with snow are next to non-existent, but it was fun trying, and I took some nice snaps of the street covered in snow about five-ten centimetres deep.

I just hope I'll be able to get into college tomorrow though! 8-}
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 07:05 AM   #3908
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

We actually had snow here, 36°. It was on Friday, I could not believe my eyes! It's the last thing I would have expected on this tropical island, but there it was! I actually took video of the phenomenon and pictures as well. Smh... it was amazing to see. (At least I don't have to miss Chicago at Christmas this year...)

It's starting to warm up now, yesterday was up to 61° and today the high will be 69°. Seriously--what a weekend!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #3909
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

South Carolina....

we got two days of snow, but none really stuck. It was a slosh-mess but still pretty.

it went down into the low 20’s yesterday here and in surrounding areas, so where Mel and i visited last week (Asheville NC to Gatlinburg TN) has had road closures, fallen trees, power outages and a million traffic accidents. It’s a mess.

Northern Georgia saw much snow and the airport was a mess with cancelled and delayed flights. i’m also very glad Mel didn’t have to deal with that.

Being holed up with my Mel would have been a wonderful few days, but i am glad we took our road trip when we did!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #3910
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Blimey, we've actually had enough snow over a wide enough area to cause severe disruption to transport services. Apparently the city centre where I live now looks like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BchtnlGhKEX/

I suspect I won't be seeing college tomorrow!

(added in edit) I was right - I've just heard that the college is closed tomorrow! I can't say I was relishing the notion of braving the weather tomorrow!

Last edited by Esme nha Maire; 12-10-2017 at 11:24 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #3911
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I was born and raised in California. Growing up I vacationed all over that state and OR and WA and western Canada. Now I live in Texas. I miss... read MISS ... the west coast so much! BUT... here comes the weather connection... lol the weather in CA has changed... continues to change... that I wonder if I'd even recognize it in 20, 30, 50 years... if I lived that long.

It saddens me to think that what makes CA ... well, the whole west coast really... so amazing... could disappear forever. Not sad just at losing the gorgeous weather itself but the entire environment could be changed ... lost... forever.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #3912
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

It is 86 degrees today and still windy.

It will stay this way at least until midweek.

I revere the fire fighters that do their very best under horrendous conditions to fight these fires.

This picture was released by the Santa Barbara Fire Department today.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #3913
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weather report

50 degrees and raining in central Texas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #3914
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Isn't that good weather to be making some warm and tasty?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #3915
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Isn't that good weather to be making some warm and tasty?
Yes, I am making carne guisada low and slow with Spanish rice. Come get a plate!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #3916
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Been a bit chilly here. We haven't seen 15 degrees very often lately. In fact, that might be considered a warm front right now. Last temp. I saw was -5. Family blames me as I love, love, love the cold and snow. For me, summer sux. Problem here is not enough breeze. They have no idea what a prairie wind feels like.

You can keep your 80s and your rain. Would rather freeze.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #3917
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

It is still windy here. Gusts 40-60 miles per hour in the canyons.

Very windy on even on the coast, where I live. Mid 70's today.

High fire risk continues.

The Thomas fire has burned 269,000 acres and is only 40% contained and they expect it to get worse today.

1,000 structures (and homes) destroyed and more are threatened.

One 32-year-old fire fighter died of burns and smoke inhalation. He had a pregnant wife and 2-year-old daughter.

California is a wonderful place to live except for dealing with weather-related tragedies like this.

I found online that there is only a 6% chance of rain in the next 2 weeks.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #3918
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

It's very chilly....we might get waves of misting rain.

We have had significant winds too, which adds toward the cold index. Just these past few weeks, winds were clocked at hurricane force winds out in the gorge. Some readings were well over 84 mph, at sustained lengths of time too.

Anya? I read somewhere that our state sent quite a few fire fighters to help out down your way. I imagine Washington has too. The west coast sure took a beating thus last year in fires.

I hope your situation in southern California gets better soon!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #3919
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

If forgotten it was going to rain yesterday. In the morning I'd set a hose to water a new tree and didn't remember to turn it off till the evening! That suckers gonna stay watered for a month! Iol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #3920
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

We had a dusting of snow, and freezing rain on top of the snow....so it's very cold here. Now that winter solstice has come and gone, we will gain more daylight each day that goes by.....

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
rain, weather