Old 01-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #21
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Princessbelle, that's exactly what I meant. That statement came from someone I've known for a while. So I guess knowing it means more just has to come with time I guess.

Oneofakind, yes text flirting can be a game of wits and very clever.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

The approach depends on the individual I guess... I'll volunteer two texts I've used with positive results in the past...

==============================

Subtle: Sitting alone at the bar of my favorite restaurant I snapped a pic of a tall glass of chardonnay and texted it to her. No words.

Direct: "Dinner. I'm buying. You're drinking )"

==============================
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #23
HoustonHuny

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

HoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Lines are lines.

Flirting should be natural.

Be yourself, do whatever comes natural and forget about lines and such.

The best flirting is that which comes from the moment, inspired by the person whom you are flirting with, it is not planned.
ummm UFO Man, so why is the "best flirting" not planned? Because you say so? See that's what happens when you throw your "shoulds" out there like they "should" be everyone else's "shoulds." Well they are not my "shoulds." As a femme who has spent a lifetime "flirting" with boys and bois, I can tell you that the best "flirts" are well-planned, researched, rehearsed, with a few well chosen, memorized "lines" as Ms PrincessBelle quoted. To have the most effect, they "should" be devious, designing, coquettish, planned, creative, ingenious and with the most "tried and true" lines available. (There are some great ones on google). Being a good flirt is hard work and does not come natural. (Femme handbook, page 351)

Let's pit your flirty texts against Ms. Belle's flirty texts and see who wins.

disclaimer: This talent can get one in big trouble
HoustonHuny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HoustonHuny For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #24
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHuny View Post
ummm UFO Man
UofMean really hates it when people type her name wrong.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #25
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I like that someone described it as a game of wits and clever. I recently shared this experience with someone, and it was a beautiful thing. I have 3300 saved text messages from this exchange (it went on for months), and I am too sentimental to delete them. It is a rather modern log of an ongoing conversation that never got tired or boring for me.

I'm a writer by trade, and I sometimes find text messages a little claustrophobic, and opt for the "larger canvas" of an email. However, texting is handy, convenient and can be done almost anywhere. And I appreciate the instant outbreak of wordplay that texting can accommodate.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #26
HoustonHuny

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

HoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
UofMean really hates it when people type her name wrong.
Perhaps "U" should not have created a name where it was so easy to transpose.

disclaimer: I have very naughty typing fingers
HoustonHuny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoustonHuny For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #27
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of flirting...

I personally see it like this..

It is individualized. Everyone does it his or her own way. No one is right or wrong when it comes to everyone's personal style. To each his/her own. Just go with the flow. Not only do people flirt differently but they may flirt differently with different people.

The question was about texting and IMO it's easy to read too much or not enough in what may seem to be a flirty text. Whether you text something out of the blue or plan it for just the right time, just like most things in life, if your interested, give it a shot.

Last i looked, there are no rules for such things.

It's pretty easy to figure out if it's working or not.....eventually.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #28
twist of lime

How Do You Identify?:
femme

twist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
A butch once told me that the femme should know instinctively when the flirt turns serious. I said, "How in the world would she know that if you didn't tell her?"

So how do we know, hmmm?

If it makes you blush, or you feel all tingly and giddy...

*I read my meter and thought I'd share
twist of lime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twist of lime For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #29
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

All this about flirting is very intresting cause somehow I missed the ablity to flirt very well,my son said mamy years ago that I need to stop working so much and learn to smell the roses,unfourntunatly bill had to be paid.Now hat I have the time I still for some reason havent managed to learn to flirt with out hopeing I didnt stick my foot in my mouth or sound off the wall.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #30
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Lines are lines.

Flirting should be natural.

Be yourself, do whatever comes natural and forget about lines and such.

The best flirting is that which comes from the moment, inspired by the person whom you are flirting with, it is not planned.
This.

(I'm not a fan of the contrived)
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #31
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

I hope this isn't your flirting.

Quote:
ummm UFO Man, so why is the "best flirting" not planned? Because you say so? See that's what happens when you throw your "shoulds" out there like they "should" be everyone else's "shoulds." Well they are not my "shoulds." As a femme who has spent a lifetime "flirting" with boys and bois, I can tell you that the best "flirts" are well-planned, researched, rehearsed, with a few well chosen, memorized "lines" as Ms PrincessBelle quoted. To have the most effect, they "should" be devious, designing, coquettish, planned, creative, ingenious and with the most "tried and true" lines available. (There are some great ones on google). Being a good flirt is hard work and does not come natural. (Femme handbook, page 351)

apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #32
twist of lime

How Do You Identify?:
femme

twist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

how delicious, I feel a challenge brewing.
twist of lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #33
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist of lime View Post
how delicious, I feel a challenge brewing.

Nope. Not from me. I didn't start it. Leave me out of this. I'm just an innocent bystander.

Unless of course money is involved.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #34
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Besides the fact that my name is not UFO, and I find that to be a little dismissive, I have three things that stick out from your post.

1. Boys and bois, perhaps there lies the difference.

2. If I ever have to Google a flirt I would officially ask Bete to shoot me first.

3. I am too much of a gentleman to engage in childless competitions. Ms. Belle is a dear friend of mine and I would not disrespect our friendship by saying anything more than that.

These are all personal preferences and opinions and we are all entitled to express them respectfully.

I will respect yours and kindly ask you to respect mine.

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #35
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Besides the fact that my name is not UFO, and I find that to be a little dismissive, I have three things that stick out from your post.

1. Boys and bois, perhaps there lies the difference.

2. If I ever have to Google a flirt I would officially ask Bete to shoot me first.

3. I am too much of a gentleman to engage in childless competitions. Ms. Belle is a dear friend of mine and I would not disrespect our friendship by saying anything more than that.

These are all personal preferences and opinions and we are all entitled to express them respectfully.

I will respect yours and kindly ask you to respect mine.

I agree, let it happen..if someone digs your chemistry..they feel it..you don't have to be super clever or out there to get someone to notice
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #36
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

I like the direct approach. I just texted my gf "I need to get my freeeek on."

Sweeping her off her feet again!

Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #37
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default Off the top of my head flirting:

I have never rehearsed or even thought of rehearsing to flirt with a beautiful woman. It just happens. We either feel each other's energy or we don't. I'm just not one to rehearse flirting. It flows or it doesn't.

So, go ahead and be yourself and take a chance. The world is at your fingertips and you might just get the girl or guy of your dreams.

I realize some may want to rehearse and go over all their moves before hand and that is perfectly okay. Do what you like. Do what feels good and right. Believe me the person on the other end of the text will either reciprocate or not. It's not the end of the world if they don't respond the way you want. The point is to at least try. Lighten up and flirt a little. It may just be the best thing you've ever done.

Let the flirting continue.. rehearsed or off the cuff...
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #38
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

I think my best flirt went like this...

*I know you took my keys, I don't know what kind of game you are playing, but I need my keys back... I can't afford to replace the keys to my apt and the building... I'm NOT even kidding!!!!*

followed up with...

*I found my keys... I'm the psycho not you... you want to go out again?*

Worked like a charm..

*Cheesey Grin*
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #39
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Stop flirting with me, UofMean!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #40
Library_girl

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Femme, girl, babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, & other girly words
Relationship Status:
Married to DJ Bear

Thanked 1,247 Times in 280 Posts
Library_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettertodaddy View Post
How do you decide to make an initial flirty remark via text message? What's your favourite opening line?

I have an astonishing lack of game when it comes to dating, so unfortunately I don't have a favourite flirt to share, but I'm happy to hear yours!
Leave to one of my favorite girls to start an awesome thread and get everyone all stirred up! Woo hoo!

I'm a much better flirt "in the moment" than any other time, but text flirts are fun! I'm not sure if I have a favorite to share. Although I will say that comedy and flirting go really well together. You could send a text that says "Wow! You look really hot today!" which I think is really funny. But then they might think you're a stalker. Ummmm use your own humor, not mine. Please!