Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Facebook

I know that social media has it's ups and downs. I also know that some people find it invasive to their privacy... however

I have met the most extraordinary people there. Some that are here at the planet are my friends and I so enjoy learning about you and your families. It gives me warm fuzzies when I hear about your kids, the things you love and are passionate about. I equally love sharing my world with you. It's a special type of bonding I feel with those of you that are my friends. Thank you for trust me.

I know that some people have concerns about being out on social media. Let's face it, it has it draw back too. But all and all, I see have learned so much about you, those who are here and my friends.

How do you feel? Thats what I want to know. Do you find social media to be intrusive? Do you fear it? Or do you feel like I do?

Last edited by Sachita; 09-03-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I also want to hear from those of you who steer away from this and why. I admit that i had my doubts because I also have my family and business there but I have nothing but positive experiences. Then again I don't hide anything and I am an open book. But I so understand and respect those who feel differently.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Babyangeleyez

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Babyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST Reputation

I like Facebook. I have enjoyed catching up on classmates, family who live outta the area and other people who I meet along the way.
Babyangeleyez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Babyangeleyez For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

I love Facebook...I am one of those good morning kinda people that can annoy some people.

Depending on the day, I post a bunch, other days not so much. I don't find it intrusive as I am very particular who I friend, since my family is also on my page and I pretty much put lots of personal stuff on it, it is like my own personal blog.

There are maybe 6 people on there that I haven't actually met in real time. I keep it closed to friends only, not even the friends of friends. The only opening is anyone can send me a message.

I think FB is one of the reasons I am not on the Planet as much.
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

My nearest and dearest either aren't on it or don't use it much. I found myself spending significant amounts of time reading about people rather peripheral to my life. Sometimes it was fascinating and inspirational. But I thought that a better use of my time would be to email or call my longer distance friends who I neglect. So I signed off, and lo and behold, I have had more contact with the buddies in other states.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
Syr

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr

Thanked 1,130 Times in 217 Posts
Syr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST Reputation

I am enjoying it. Don't often have time for real time socialization so this helps. It is about as social as this old hermit is comfortable with.
It's a more honest idea of a person than threads, forums etc.

Last edited by Syr; 09-03-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Added stuff
Syr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Syr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I am on facebook. But, i'm not crazy about it. The reason i started was because my two sons were on it and honestly i found i could figure out more about their lives than asking them. LOL.

It confuses me honestly. I post things here and there and "like" things but i'm not there everyday like some peeps. I never know if what i say is seen by all or not and sometimes the same exact "post" will be seen on Bully's home page and not on mine by someone who is on both of our friends list. It's really odd to me.

I think it's ok. But, it's not the bomb-digity in my book. I feel much more at ease, much more at home, and much more in touch with my community friends, here on this site.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I've moved around a lot so Facebook is a godsend. There are a lot of people I would have lost/thought I'd lost if not for FB. It amazes me that every day I know what friends of mine, who I havent physically seen for 6 years, are doing in their day. Plus it gives my mother a chance to keep her eye on me
Old 09-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation
Default FB

I am on it. It's helped me connect with a lot of old friends and members of various clubs I belong to. People use it to share news, photos, discount codes, set up meetings/events, etc. It's also helped me connect to a larger nationwide/worldwide group of people just like me.

Sadly, I have two accounts. One for the "biologically female" me for family, coworkers, etc. and one for the "real" me. I have lot of friends in this dual position, where they are not out to family/friends/work about being trans, so their trans person has a separate account to connect with groups and organizations.

I know some people get annoyed by game requests; I just block them.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

i love FB because i can keep in touch with family and friends all over the country. i have my account set on friends only, so i don't have any issues.

i think it is amazing to reach out to old friends and high school buddies i haven't seen in a long time.
@
Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #11
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

I like facebook - being so far away from home it's invaluable in easily keeping in touch with folks. But I also have friends in the US and as well as back in South Korea and some other countries. And, I find it's great for keeping up to date about events. But, I have a heap of people on my fb (including my sisters) that never bother to keep in touch, so sometimes I feel really frustrated with it.

Just had a phone call from my mum. She's all excited because she's got her computer up and running again and got it hooked up and is talking about facebook!

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexri View Post
Sadly, I have two accounts. One for the "biologically female" me for family, coworkers, etc. and one for the "real" me. I have lot of friends in this dual position, where they are not out to family/friends/work about being trans, so their trans person has a separate account to connect with groups and organizations.
I have two as well - one as a teacher, I have students, ex students, etc, some work colleagues and some Malaysian teachers there and no glbt content. I have another one that has plenty of glbt content as well as other interests and if anyone on that one doesn't like it they can sod off.

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

it's the devil! lol i am not a facebook fan. i don't want to communicate with friends that live 5 minutes down the road. seems unnessary. i should go see them, call them. and too, i don't want to communicate with some of those folks/family. i'm a very private person. they don't need to know my where abouts lol. as far as high school friends, i wasn't that close to them then, ... now doesn't seem needed. family and friends far away, yeah ... ok, facebook is good for that. but i have a phone.

from what i've gathered, it can be a major gossip network. it's great for drama and pity parties. young people love to take their pictures in the bathroom, ... pucker their lips, ... stick their tongues out. people feel guilty for not "liking" a jesus post, so of course they do "like" it. just goes on and on LOL.

i get asked ever so often if i have facebook or why i don't have facebook, ... i say, it's the devil! lol
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #14
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintease View Post
I've moved around a lot so Facebook is a godsend. There are a lot of people I would have lost/thought I'd lost if not for FB. It amazes me that every day I know what friends of mine, who I havent physically seen for 6 years, are doing in their day. Plus it gives my mother a chance to keep her eye on me
LOL! My mom loves that she knows where and what I am doing since I am on the road between here and Texas. It is great for keeping her in the know
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
I love Facebook...I am one of those good morning kinda people that can annoy some people.

Depending on the day, I post a bunch, other days not so much. I don't find it intrusive as I am very particular who I friend, since my family is also on my page and I pretty much put lots of personal stuff on it, it is like my own personal blog.

There are maybe 6 people on there that I haven't actually met in real time. I keep it closed to friends only, not even the friends of friends. The only opening is anyone can send me a message.

I think FB is one of the reasons I am not on the Planet as much.
i love reading your morning hello's being the morning person i am .. lol

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I was just at Home Depot, and the checkout guy reconnected on Facebook with a friend from grade school, married her, and moved out here (Norcal) from Ohio. I have heard several stories like that.

Lots of happiness has resulted from FB, I have to say.

If my good friends used it, I would too. But since they don't, . . . seems like no point.

I waste enough time.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I love facebook for keeping up with my chosen family. I don't have any of my real family on my fb page because they don't approve of my lifestyle.

I think it's a great way to keep up since all of my friends are all over the country. When life changes and you want to re-arrange the people in your theater of life, if you delete someone from your facebook, it causes drama and feelings get hurt; even if you never EVER interact with this person. That is the one thing I don't like about it.

I could care less if someone takes me off their page. They had their reasons. I don't get mad and I don't stir up a bunch drama. Most people DO. I am so very choosey who I add to my page now. I only want people there that I care to know about what is going on in their life. I prefer to only add people I have actually MET in person.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #18
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

As an army brat and such, I have moved often, and FB allows me to keep in touch with practically everyone. I also come from a big family, some I have never met, but we have friended on FB and thus become a part of each other's lives.

My mother also uses it to keep an eye on me I enjoy posting pictures from my phone, and gets lots of feedback when I need it. Even my grandfather is on FB - and actively uses it!
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I like facebook and most other forms of social media. As most folks close to me know, I am not a social creature. Heck, I have pretty much fallen off the edge of the world recently, with minimal to zero interactions at all. I do not enjoy the "regular" socialization (night with the girls, dinner get-togethers, group outings, etc) that a lot of folks enjoy. It's just not in my nature to do more than a few social things per year. However, I do enjoy lots of folks (their humor, personality, thought processes, etc), so social media gives me the opportunity to observe and connect, despite my odd and sometimes quirky social phobias/awkwardness/loner personality.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #20
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
i love reading your morning hello's being the morning person i am .. lol
Well, thank you Good to know you don't hide my post and that my good morning posts don't annoy you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post: