Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-24-2018, 06:47 PM   #21
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
They sell them at Walmart, come in several different quart amounts, and are one of the greatest things ever made.

I made a cake, roast, turkey, chicken, beans, rice, stews, bread...etc. etc. etc.

I just google “chicken Marsala for instapot” (for example) and bam, several recipes to choose from.

Bake, stew, roast, rice, sauté, steam, AND it has a slow cooker feature!

Best kitchen gadget EVER!

I tried Chicken Marsala but we didn’t have a corkscrew so no wine, so we just had chicken and dumplings pretty much.

a cake???????
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #22
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

I tried Chicken Marsala but we didn’t have a corkscrew so no wine, so we just had chicken and dumplings pretty much.

a cake???????
You need a pan (loaf pans or 8” round) that will fit inside your instapot, or something similar to a coffee can shape for bread. You can get times from any recipe on google...VERY important that you cover the top of the pan with a paper towel and foil due to the steaming involved. The paper towel goes next to the batter under the foil. You will place the pan on the trivet and add 1 cup of water to the pot.

The consistency was of a pound cake, and was really good.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 08:12 PM   #23
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

a cake???????
People make cheesecake in the InstaPot too. This thing is incredible.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #24
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
People make cheesecake in the InstaPot too. This thing is incredible.
Yes they do, I am going to try it one day!

What we do is buy the pre-made meals at Costco. We’ve tried a few that we like:

Stuffed Bell Peppers
Korean BBQ
Enchiladas

The bell peppers are the best I have ever had. I like that the InstanPot steams the pepper really well.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 09:10 PM   #25
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Also, I was tired of cleaning the bottom of the insert so I bought these, I reuse them but clean up is SO much easier. It fits right inside of ours which is a 8qt. I put the peppers in here so everything stays in place. I also like the other meals cooked in this:

I put it on top of the little rack that came with the Instapot.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #26
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Also, I was tired of cleaning the bottom of the insert so I bought these, I reuse them but clean up is SO much easier. It fits right inside of ours which is a 8qt. I put the peppers in here so everything stays in place. I also like the other meals cooked in this:

I put it on top of the little rack that came with the Instapot.
I used the pan you show there for my cake, but be sure you put the pan in the pot BEFORE you pour in the batter. I filled the pan and then tried to put it inside...no bueno, BIG mess. It wasn’t strong enough and kept wiggling and bending...everyone else probably already knows that, but I had a senior moment .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 10:34 PM   #27
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

My biggest success was last year’s Thanksgiving Turkey.

I stuffed it before cooking, and a 12lb bird took 30 minutes; leaving your oven free for all of the other goodies.
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #28
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
My biggest success was last year’s Thanksgiving Turkey.

I stuffed it before cooking, and a 12lb bird took 30 minutes; leaving your oven free for all of the other goodies.
Wow! That’s impressive! I thought of doing a whole chicken but I like it crispy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 03:30 PM   #29
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,113 Times in 3,005 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wow! That’s impressive! I thought of doing a whole chicken but I like it crispy.
Me too- I feel like if you take it out and run it under the broiler in your oven for a minute you'll get there?

I have yet to cook a bird in my insta pot. I almost did today when my turkey breast didn't fit in the crock pot I intended to use but I threw it in my dutch oven instead because I didn't have time to google recipes.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 06:33 PM   #30
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Me too- I feel like if you take it out and run it under the broiler in your oven for a minute you'll get there?

I have yet to cook a bird in my insta pot. I almost did today when my turkey breast didn't fit in the crock pot I intended to use but I threw it in my dutch oven instead because I didn't have time to google recipes.
Right. I could stick the bird under the broiler i suppose. One of my favorite things is that it does not heat up the house.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2018, 08:45 PM   #31
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Sooo...

I impulsively bought an Instant Pot today while we were getting dog food at Walmart.

I couldn’t wait to break that baby in so i made dinner in it tonight.

I marinated steak tips, cut up unpeeled carrots and added red potatoes. Threw it all in with some beef broth and spices. Twenty minutes later, we had steak tips that cut like butter. The potatoes held together nicely; I was worried they would be mush. The carrots were perfection. All in 20 minutes plus the time of chopping veggies.

Needless to say, we are planning many more dinners!
Old 10-02-2018, 06:48 AM   #32
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, I’m slightly addicted.

I made a nice Boston butt with potatoes and fresh green beans for dinner last night. I used the sauté feature to sear the meat first. Very cool not having to dirty an extra pan!

Would love to hear back on how much y’all trust your instant pot. We had an appointment right after my honey got home and I wanted to try the delay start feature but I was concerned. I trust my crock pot completely and would love the same reassurance from my instant pot!
Old 10-02-2018, 10:42 PM   #33
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post

I made a nice Boston butt with potatoes and fresh green beans for dinner last night. I used the sauté feature to sear the meat first. Very cool not having to dirty an extra pan!

Would love to hear back on how much y’all trust your instant pot. We had an appointment right after my honey got home and I wanted to try the delay start feature but I was concerned. I trust my crock pot completely and would love the same reassurance from my instant pot!
hello!

I had some center cut chops that i sautéed and browned before pressure cooking them for 5 minutes.

I seasoned them up lots before throwing them in, and they are very tender and tasty.

I am going to stock up on season mixes etc. I think it adds flavor when you add some thing to the water at the bottom.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2018, 10:46 PM   #34
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

We bought some pre-prepped meals at Costco. I love having this option!

I cooked a 2 pans of Korean BBQ in 12 minutes each. I let them set for 5 on slow release afterwards. That made 4 meals.

I have enchiladas in the freezer and tomorrow is stuffed bell peppers.

Bell peppers are the BEST in the instantPot because the pepper cooks all the way through, I cannot stand a crunchy bell pepper. I usually pre-boil them then stuff, and this eliminates all of that.

Bell peppers cook in 12 minutes then 5 resting after steam release.

I also love using the aluminum throw away tins in it. I have super easy clean up and just keep reusing them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 12:01 AM   #35
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post

The delay start feature is wonderful, and has always gone off as scheduled. I really like that feature for when I am not home...it allows a natural pressure release (I subtract a few minutes of cook time), and the pot keeps food on the warming feature so it is ready when I get home.

***one thing I have found that is very messy in the pot is a white cream sauce. If you make something with a thick sauce, it is best for it to have a complete NATURAL release so you don’t have spray everywhere, and a blocked release valve. Live and learn
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #36
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Received my Instant Pot yesterday. So excited to try it.

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions here.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 01:56 PM   #37
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Received my Instant Pot yesterday. So excited to try it.

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions here.
Can’t wait to hear how it goes!
Old 10-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #38
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

correction on my bell pepper post.

they go 5 minutes on high pressure, then 5 slow release, then rest for 5.

Perfect !
Old 10-04-2018, 07:19 AM   #39
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:

Perfect !
I was so thinking that stuffed peppers would be nice this way. I’d be the only one eating them unless my sister had some. We grew up with stuffed peppers mmmmm

As for myself, I just put 3 huge chicken breasts in (frozen) for 30 minutes on steam. I seasoned them first in a southwest fashion as I’m making a southwest chicken stew for dinner. Once it cools I’ll throw the pot in the fridge with a lid (wish they had one of their own) and come home from work and finish it off.

One thing I have noticed: if you don’t season your stock or water before hand the flavor doesnt zing. And it’s hard to add it later.

As a happy addendum, my dogs are very much enjoying the instapot. I use the juice from whatever i cook to make their dinner rice. And I specifically don’t use onions just so I can do that
Old 10-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #40
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Perfect !
Nope. 8 min on high my love, then the rest.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post: