Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

My poor lil eaglet buddy, who had to be temporarily removed from the nest because of the fishing line wrapped around its foot, has had a brutal couple of days.

For some reason, his sibling began attacking him 2 days ago. It might have been over food. Even tho the fish were lined up in the nest, Brutus wasnt being fed enough. Any attempts by the lil guy to get food was met with brutal pecking and wing pulling. Eaglets eat every couple of hours, so that was a lot of violence.

The Eagles experts chalked it up to "sibling rivalry". Having watched a lot of nests, sibling rivalry is usually head bonking and wing slapping, not brutal attacking. Siblings will kill one another if there is not enough food.

The parents may have figured out how to solve the problem. Last night they fed Brutus until his stomach and crop were so full he turned into a ball that couldnt move. Then, they moved the food over to the lil guy and fed him until he was full. Poor lil guy was grabbing at food with one eye over his shoulder.

Today, one parent remained in the nest all day, wedging themselves between Brutus and lil guy as needed. They kept the food coming. They fed on demand (which is normal and expected at this age). The attacks today were brief. Lil guy has learned to stay away from the food until Brutus is done. Then he kind of backs up to the parent and eats over his shoulder. The parents are also moving the food when Brutus gets aggressive cuz he will follow the food.

Veteran watchers from this nest say it is not uncommon to see this here. Last year, people apparently were relieved when the aggressor died of unknown causes at 6 weeks old.

Lil guy is tough tho. He has been thru a lot in his 20 days on earth. I'm hoping he is tough enough.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2016, 06:28 PM   #12702
NitroChrys_Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

NitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Girlin2une wrote: I understand that the word submissive conjures all kinds of awful servile situations: a woman chained to a hot stove all day, tending only to the care and feeding of her man/Butch…

This is strictly from My point of view... and no one else's has to "fit" into what I think submission means and is....

---to submit completely and utterly to another, to surrender all or some "power" requires an exceptional inner strength in the woman ... she is strong.. make no mistake about that.. this submissive woman that comes to you is no weakling or doormat.

---submission is something that comes from deep within a person and is an essential part of their nature; just like the color of their eyes or the sound of their voice. It just "is" a part of their makeup. It is innate...it can't always be explained... why does someone like vanilla ice cream .. because they do... it just "is" .

---submission is the giving of oneself willingly because it makes them happy to do and to serve another. The act of someone going beyond what they desire for another is something expressed from the soul and it goes much deeper than the mere physical/sexual act of offering ones-self to another for pleasure...it can be the simple act of making another comfortable or making another's life easier.

---submission is powerful -- it encompasses the mind and soul... the energy drawn and the energy given is expressed through actions/desires/wants and it is returned...it is powerful and one can find the deepest levels of trust and intimacy happens between a Dominant and submissive during these times.

---the submissive is not weak or foolish...oh, no... do not take her submission for either. She is brave and strong and a force to be reckoned with... she has a voice and she has a say... she is not a voiceless robot who does the bidding of another simply because she has no choice.. she has a choice and she has chosen. It does not complete her for she is a complete woman on her own and in her own right... her submission echoes the dominance she finds in her One....

---she has the self esteem and knowledge to relinquish power to another and she has an understanding that her One must possess those same qualities...to respect and admire her for doing so and treat her submission with the utmost of care....for it is a gift. A precious gift of herself and her trust. One that should be cherished and treated as such.

Last edited by NitroChrys_Butch; 02-17-2016 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Needed to be edited
NitroChrys_Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NitroChrys_Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2016, 06:49 PM   #12703
NitroChrys_Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

NitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Kobi wrote: Yes, I am an eaglet freak.

Thanks for all the updates. Eagle cams are up all over the place. I watch several and I have had the pleasure of working with a few wildlife rehabilitators to help injured wildlife. What they do is nothing sure of amazing. Eagles are resilient but usually one sibling does eat the other. Survival of the fittest. Nature is hard to watch sometimes. But, it always astounds Me.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:47 PM   #12704
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default What's on my mind tonight?

Today and tonight I feel a great sadness and loss of my closest uncle to me. We were like best friends. He was found in his auto repair shop by his ex wife, my aunt. She called 911 just minutes before she called me asking me to please come over that he had fallen onto the floor and wasn't moving. I ran out of my job, yelling on the way out the door I had a family emergency, got into my truck and was only a few miles up the road at work when she called me at 5pm today central time. My uncle had had a major heart attack and didn't survive.
It is with GREAT and IMMENSE SADNESS that I say this. My heart hurts so deeply it's taking everything in me to hold myself together as I think about him and type here. I am going to miss him so much and all the good things he's done for me and my mom and for my nephew and his family. I love him so deeply. He was the kind of man that had a heart of gold and would help my mom or me with anything and I would help him and my aunt with getting them help with electric and gas bills, making sure they had coverage for medicare and medicaid, and making sure they had enough food to eat each month. We were planning on building a new truck style out of my chassis and making me a custom truck this Summer and him teach me how to do body and paint work on it so I could help. It was a project I had looked forward to for months. I had just seen him Sunday when I needed his help working on my nephew's truck. He came right over and helped me without missing a beat. I had plans for him to do more work on the truck to fix everything wrong with the 4wd shaft, and to find and repair the engine coolant leak on it and I knew he would do it right. He was my mechanic and my uncle. One of the Greatest men I've ever known. Such a kind heart that when he met people they loved him right away. He was such a great person.
I'm going to miss him and my heart feels empty already. There's a huge hole in it right now as I type. I hurt so much and so deeply. If there is a Heaven, I know that will be where his soul went for all the good things he did in his life. His only son lives in California, is headed down tomorrow on the next plane he can get. He's so heartbroken over the loss of the only father he's ever known, my uncle adopted him and taught him everything he knew about building cars, doing body work, etc. and when he retired in California and moved back home to Texas, he gave his business to his son.
I miss you uncle JV. i LOVE YOU AND i MISS YOU . MY HEART ACHES SO MUCH AND IM HURTING INSIDE. i LOVE YOU AND i HOPE YOU ALWAYS KNEW THAT. i TRIED TO TELL YOU EVERYTIME WE SPENT TIME TOGETHER TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ALWAYS KNEW AND THAT I WOULD ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOU AND AUNT CONNIE.

please pray that God heals our hearts in time and eases my family's pain of loss.
Thank you.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:21 AM   #12705
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

TruTexan I am SO SORRY about your uncle! I will keep you in my prayers!
Old 02-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #12706
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

How my former boss at the boarding kennel told me I could come down on Sunday and walk a couple resident dogs!! I told her about wanting to volunteer at the SPCA and she reminded me of these two dogs that are permanent residents at the kennel, due to their owner having a stroke and having to go in a nursing home. I'm looking forward to taking them out for a nice walk and I'm taking them some treats. My next door neighbor agreed to be available for a few hours on Sunday if my spouse needs anything, so I have a "sitter" for her and don't have to feel guilty leaving her home alone.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #12707
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

I am thinking about last weekend. It was so much fun to spend time with my buddies all weekend. What a luxury to be able to chat about anything you want at the moment you want.

I can't wait for our next adventue.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2016, 11:55 PM   #12708
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

One step at a time! One foot in front of the other! Keep going. Keep going. Keep going.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2016, 09:59 PM   #12709
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I had a really hard conversation with my boss today.

My job is very very stressful and sometimes dangerous. The students I work with can be explosive. This year my work load outside of work is intensive as well and my son is having a lot of problems of his own. I have been doing this job for a few years now, but this year I am feeling the burn out. I have too much on my plate.

So today I had to sit down with her and tell her I just cant do this job assignment next year. That I am barely able to manage it at the moment and I know another year will push me over the edge. I don't know what will happen next year, but I know I have to make some changes.

It's really hard for me to admit I can not do something... but I did... and I ended up crying in her office.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:20 PM   #12710
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm kind of at that "Jeez, do I really have to reboot again?" stage.

Tired of reinventing/starting from scratch/baseline physical/mental/emotional (whatever the hell that is) point in life.

I'm too old for this sh*t.

In theory, the world is my oyster, in reality, I'm just eff'n tired.

Oh yeah, I forgot the "Oh yippee! skippy!" part .

I'll get back to regularly scheduled stable/content posts tomorrow. It's just Monday...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2016, 06:40 AM   #12711
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Do I really want to dish out all that money to have someone do something that, in theory, I can do myself?

Do I really want to waste all that time trying to do something that is not in my wheelhouse and that I would likely bring someone in to finish anyway, causing additional cost in the end?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2016, 06:54 AM   #12712
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I wrote my roomie a "dear Jane" letter....

I'm thinking I should wait til I'm home from work to leave it. You never know who can be a bunny boiler and both my cat and my poodle are bunny sized....

But I'm looking forward to reclaiming my house and life and I'm getting a tattoo like on Xfiles

NEVER AGAIN....like ever
Old 02-23-2016, 07:57 AM   #12713
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lighting Candles

I'm up early waiting for the sun and thinking of someone who passed away many, many years ago.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2016, 11:25 AM   #12714
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Lil buddy is thriving again for today at least. He is getting better at positioning himself during meal times, aggressively going after food, and pecking back at his sibling now and then. He's also working on self feeding which is amazing at this age. Is also getting better at distinguishing between pieces of stick and actual food. He is definitely growing well right now.

There has been a lot of food today. Both crops are full and look ready to burst. Food comas should commence shortly.

The violent attacks seem to have subsided.

Been a good day.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2016, 04:45 PM   #12715
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Lil buddy is thriving again for today at least. He is getting better at positioning himself during meal times, aggressively going after food, and pecking back at his sibling now and then. He's also working on self feeding which is amazing at this age. Is also getting better at distinguishing between pieces of stick and actual food. He is definitely growing well right now.

There has been a lot of food today. Both crops are full and look ready to burst. Food comas should commence shortly.

The violent attacks seem to have subsided.

Been a good day.

Ack. Spoke too soon. Brutus must have had a pellet i.e. eagle equivalent of a furball that was making him more docile and sharing. Pellet gone. Brutus back to being a dink.

Dad doesnt feed standing in between them. Mom does. Removes lil guy from being a target.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2016, 05:01 PM   #12716
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Life in general. Knowing the rodeo is here soon I can't wait to go see Miranda Lambert. Then celebrating our 1 year anniversary near the end of March.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2016, 12:34 AM   #12717
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

How stressful I have allowed my life to get.........
Old 02-24-2016, 01:40 AM   #12718
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

My finances right now.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2016, 05:02 AM   #12719
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Back to looking at homes for sale ... that deal fell through on the offers I made, my realtor and a banker both commented separately "those owners do not want to sell that home"... I am seeing more and more of what I want coming out for market now. One is so enticing, all good - 14 freaking acres even! But the increased drive to and from work is not feasible. Wish I had not seen this one! *laughing*

Be so happy to find the right one and get moved.

I am finding house-hunting to be a major stressor. (or would that be "stresser?")

Happy Wednesday to Everyone at BFP!
*smiles and waves*
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2016, 05:45 AM   #12720
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Over It

Do you ever have those cycles where shit just keeps happening? I'm in one. I wish it would stop. Maybe by writing this out, I'll break the cycle of one crappy thing happening after another.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: