Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 11-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #61
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Video in which she explains to us that she's attractive. Oh, and also how to survive the invasion.

I imagine she has a number of diagnoses in her medical record.
socialjustice_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to socialjustice_fsu For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 06:28 AM   #62
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjustice_fsu View Post
I imagine she has a number of diagnoses in her medical record.
A shrink and a make over is in order! STAT!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #63
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
A shrink and a make over is in order! STAT!
I was waiting for her to tell us to make and wear foil hats.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #64
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Are the Pliadians in The Event?

I can't wait for Nov. 8th......should we have a party or something? Do I need my floaties? Is anyone gonna call her on the 9th? <raises hand>

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #65
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Please forgive me. I spelled Plaieaiedians incorrectly.

I'm safe. I'm not pretty.
Come to my house and I'll cover Y'all with a blanket and protect You from the rat bastids.

The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2010, 03:58 AM   #66
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, no bitches! It is on!

Another whackadoodle "calls out" the whackadoodle from the youtube I posted on the 5th. The summery is this:

Dear Whackadoodle One;

It's not Aliens! It's DEMONS! You need to ask for forgiveness!

Love,

Whackadoodle Two.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #67
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_779111.html

WASHINGTON -- Republicans made significant inroads among gay and lesbian voters in the midterm elections, with national exit polls for the House races showing that the GOP captured 31 percent of the vote of this group this year, compared to 19 percent in 2008.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #68
KatieStar

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

KatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
More GOP support having a strip-club at Ground Zero than a Mosque:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_756259.html
This makes me physically ill.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:09 AM   #69
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_779111.html

WASHINGTON -- Republicans made significant inroads among gay and lesbian voters in the midterm elections, with national exit polls for the House races showing that the GOP captured 31 percent of the vote of this group this year, compared to 19 percent in 2008.
My guess is this is simply about JOBS, JOBS, JOBS. Many of us have lost employment, are out of college and can't gain employment as well as running out of unemployment compensation benefits and seeing savings dwindle.

It sux in terms of the mid-terms and feels odd to me, too, yet, there is a lot of fear in the US right now about the economy and employment. We gotta eat, too.

The other thing I believe is happening is a total discust for Congress. Gay and lesbian voters feel as taken as anyone with what goes on in Congress. And perhaps the slap in the face with DADT and Obama has just stuck in many voters craw.

I don't want gays, lesbians and the whole of all of what makes up queerdom to vote Republican, but I see where the discontent could come from. I wonder, too, how the actual numbers of registered voters in this group fall in terms of race and class. This could be part of why this happened.

What I do know is that employment and the economy is going to be the main issue in 2012, again. My hope is that it gets better, but projections are not looking that way even over 2 years. Which is really scary.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:17 AM   #70
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
My guess is this is simply about JOBS, JOBS, JOBS. Many of us have lost employment, are out of college and can't gain employment as well as running out of unemployment compensation benefits and seeing savings dwindle.
The other thing I believe is happening is a total discust for Congress. Gay and lesbian voters feel as taken as anyone with what goes on in Congress.
This is what I don't understand.

People are running out of unemployment, so they vote for the party that keeps voting against extending unemployment.

People need jobs, so they vote for the party that has blocked jobs bills, has blocked small bank funds that would be used for jobs, and has declared that they will extend tax cuts to millionaires and take away health insurance, but has not mentioned one single thing that they would do to create one single job.

People are disgusted with Congress' inability to accomplish anything, so they vote for the party that filibusters everything, stalls judicial nominations (to the point of near-crisis in some places), and refuses, in the Senate, to act on hundreds of pieces of legislation sent over from the House.

And, as for DADT, is there anyone with two functioning brain cells in their entire head that thinks a Republican majority will lift even one little pinkie finger's worth of effort to repeal DADT?

I understand being frustrated, desperate, angry. But for fucks sake, you don't respond by giving more power to the people that are screwing you sideways.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #71
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Latest rumor here in Texas.....

Republican ticket for 2012: Rick Perry & Sarah Palin

Belize, here I come if THEY win. We are in for a BIG PILE of You know WHAT!

Old 11-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #72
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post

People are running out of unemployment, so they vote for the party that keeps voting against extending unemployment.

People need jobs, so they vote for the party that has blocked jobs bills, has blocked small bank funds that would be used for jobs, and has declared that they will extend tax cuts to millionaires and take away health insurance, but has not mentioned one single thing that they would do to create one single job.

People are disgusted with Congress' inability to accomplish anything, so they vote for the party that filibusters everything, stalls judicial nominations (to the point of near-crisis in some places), and refuses, in the Senate, to act on hundreds of pieces of legislation sent over from the House.

And, as for DADT, is there anyone with two functioning brain cells in their entire head that thinks a Republican majority will lift even one little pinkie finger's worth of effort to repeal DADT?

I understand being frustrated, desperate, angry. But for fucks sake, you don't respond by giving more power to the people that are screwing you sideways.
I'm starting to think that some folks vote for the candidates who scrare them the most..............
Old 11-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #73
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Oh, no bitches! It is on!

Another whackadoodle "calls out" the whackadoodle from the youtube I posted on the 5th. The summery is this:

Dear Whackadoodle One;

It's not Aliens! It's DEMONS! You need to ask for forgiveness!

Love,

Whackadoodle Two.

thank you for the morning whackadoodle report

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #74
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post

well I have 2 coworkers
who only voted republican because they are prolife
no other reason
neither can articulate a political stance on any other subject
neither can list any other issues
it gets worse
but I will spare you

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #75
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Perry totally sets off my 'dar.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #76
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm starting to think that some folks vote for the candidates who scrare them the most..............

I was told to come back and fix "scrare".....

....so.....

scare.

I do what I'm told.....on occasion.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #77
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

This is from a few years back. That anti-immigrant racist guy (Le Pen) ran for president 5 times in France. He's no longer running, but his daughter has taken the reins of his far-right-wing party:

What a Tea Party Looks Like in Europe

I find the tone of this newsweek article pretty unsettlingly complimentary of Le Pen even though it references him as "the man who for decades has played on the inchoate fears, xenophobia, knee-jerk racism, and ill-disguised anti-Semitism of many of his supporters."

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #78
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Sweet Jesus, Nat. I admit that I don't pay much attention to politics outside of North America...so I really had no idea.

How fucked up is it to hear someone ranting about "anchor babies" in that beautiful language? I hope this clown's daughter does not get a foothold.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #79
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

Fear is the tool, I think.

Of course, the folks most susceptible to fear are the ignorant and uneducated. Fear is such an effective weapon and it's worked extremely well for the Republican party in the past years. It lied us into a war and just about brought down the entire world economy.

I'm going to post something here from the script of Michael Moore's movie, Sicko, because I think it what it says applies to everything here about how people vote.

(Moore) It seems it benefits the system if the average person is shackled with debt.

People in debt become hopeless,
and hopeless people don't vote.

They always say
everyone should vote,
but I think if the poor in Britain
or the United States voted for people
who represented their interests,it would be a real democratic revolution.

So they don't want it to happen. So keeping
people hopeless and pessimistic...

See, I think there are two ways
in which people are controlled.

First of all, frighten people,
and secondly, demoralize them.

An educated, healthy and confident
nation is harder to govern.

And I think there's an element
in the thinking of some people:

"We don't want people to be
educated, healthy and confident,
because they would get out of control."

The top 1 % of the world's population
own 80% of the world's wealth.

It's incredible that people put up with it,
but they're poor,they're demoralized, they're frightened.

And therefore, they think
perhaps the safest thing to do
is to take orders and hope for the best."

-------------------------------------------------------------
....and that's all I'm going to say about that.

~Theo~
Old 11-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #80
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for posting Nat... gonna re-post elsewhere.... This is an important read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post

This is from a few years back. That anti-immigrant racist guy (Le Pen) ran for president 5 times in France. He's no longer running, but his daughter has taken the reins of his far-right-wing party:

What a Tea Party Looks Like in Europe

I find the tone of this newsweek article pretty unsettlingly complimentary of Le Pen even though it references him as "the man who for decades has played on the inchoate fears, xenophobia, knee-jerk racism, and ill-disguised anti-Semitism of many of his supporters."

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post: