Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 11-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Push for Texas to Secede From The Union...

Ok, I just have to say this... all this talk I'm hearing, about Texas seceding, is RIDICULOUS!!! Is this REALLY what people want to spend your time and energy on?
Shall I remind you...

Texas v. White (1869)

"When, therefore, Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. All the obligations of perpetual union, and all the guaranties of republican government in the Union, attached at once to the State. The act which consummated her admission into the Union was something more than a compact; it was the incorporation of a new member into the political body. And it was final. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States."

It was illegal for Texas to secede the first time, and it is still illegal now. This is silly and it will never happen. It isn't even in Texas' best interest that it happen! As a native Texan, I am embarrassed by this drama. Now, can we move forward please?
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfMadeMan View Post
Ok, I just have to say this... all this talk I'm hearing, about Texas seceding, is RIDICULOUS!!! Is this REALLY worth people spending time and energy on? I'm just curious to see what others have to say about this, especially other Texans...

Texas v. White (1869): "��������, ������������������, ���������� ������������ ������ ���� ������ ������������ ������������, ������ �������������� �������� ���� ������������������������ ����������������. ������ ������ ���������������������� ���� ������������������ ����������, ������ ������ ������ �������������������� ���� �������������������� �������������������� ���� ������ ����������, ���������������� ���� �������� ���� ������ ����������. ������ ������ ���������� ���������������������� ������ ������������������ �������� ������ ���������� ������ ������������������ �������� �������� �� ��������������; ���� ������ ������ �������������������������� ���� �� ������ ������������ �������� ������ ������������������ ��������. ������ ���� ������ ����������. ������ ���������� �������������� ���������� ������ ������ ���������� ������������ ������ ���� ����������������, ���� ������������������, ������ ���� ������������������������ ���� ������ ���������� �������������� ������ ���������������� ������������. ���������� ������ ���� ���������� ������ ������������������������������ ���� ��������������������, ������������ �������������� �������������������� ���� �������������� �������������� ���� ������ ������������."

It was illegal for Texas to secede the first time, and it is still illegal now. This is silly and it will never happen. It isn't even in Texas' best interest that it happen! As a native Texan, I am embarrassed by this drama. Now, can we move forward please?
Well, if they do, might they take Florida with them? I will chip in for gas. They can take the rest of the 18th Century folks with them.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader View Post
Well, if they do, might they take Florida with them? I will chip in for gas. They can take the rest of the 18th Century folks with them.

Haha, yeah, my first thought was, go ahead and leave. And that all the homophobes and racists and good 'ol boys could all go live there and destroy each other and leave the rest of us alone.... hmmm.... maybe that isn't such a bad idea, lol
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
No! I like Florida, despite their ridiculous politics. They have beaches! (Yeah, Texas does too, but not the same) And there's Miami! And Key West!

Texas can secede (we'll offer a path to citizenship for folks from Austin), but I'd like to keep Florida.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote:

So yeah, leave Florida alone, I like living close to the beach, our County went blue the people here spoke loud and clear.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
No! I like Florida, despite their ridiculous politics. They have beaches! (Yeah, Texas does too, but not the same) And there's Miami! And Key West!

Texas can secede (we'll offer a path to citizenship for folks from Austin), but I'd like to keep Florida.
OK. Fair enough. Cut off the exquisite tip and toss the rest.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
So yeah, leave Florida alone, I like living close to the beach, our County went blue the people here spoke loud and clear.
Gosh, LS, I thought you were in Ohio, Land O' the Buckeyes? No?
The Following User Says Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Where do birds fly to in the winter or when they're older?

Quote:
Gosh, LS, I thought you were in Ohio, Land O' the Buckeyes? No?

Pfft, this is the Land of The Buckeyes, I am surrounded by the O-H-I-O, it's where we come for retirement.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Pfft, this is the Land of The Buckeyes, I am surrounded by the O-H-I-O, it's where we come for retirement.
So, does that actually make you The_Lady_Snowbird?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Thumbs down Dislike

Quote:
So, does that actually make you The_Lady_Snowbird?

No.........

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Well Texas commerciala always said "Texas, like a whole nother country"
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
No.........
I'm sorry, Lady_Snow. I did not mean to offend you. I was playing. Teasing you in a friendly way. That was my intent anyway.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
OK. Fair enough. Cut off the exquisite tip and toss the rest.
That sounded dirty...

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Well Texas commerciala always said "Texas, like a whole nother country"
When my brother was considering moving to Texas (strictly for warmer weather), I told him the ONLY place he could even *consider* moving to was Austin. He checked it out and loved it, and he did move there. But even he says that living in Austin, he sometimes forgets he lives in Texas.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #15
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

If they are interested in seceding then they have to pay back all the funds that the US gov't has given them over the years. And they cannot use the US Dollar as currency nor the passport.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #16
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I had no idea there was discussion of this again. It's absurd, but I love the idea. I want them to be forced to be part of Mexico again and be a linguistic minority. At the very least, they should secede. Wonderful Texans, of whom there are many, can join the rest of us.

I agree, we need to find a way to keep Austin.

It's funny. Other states are just as conservative, but I have no desire to throw them overboard. Texas -- Texas can leave.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I had no idea there was discussion of this again. It's absurd, but I love the idea. I want them to be forced to be part of Mexico again and be a linguistic minority. At the very least, they should secede. Wonderful Texans, of whom there are many, can repatriate.

It's funny. Other states are just as conservative, but I have no desire to throw them overboard. Texas -- Texas can leave.
The thought of Texas becoming part of Mexico again made me laugh. I am pretty sure the successionist do not have that in mind. It would be poetic justice.

I agree about Austin. Maybe Austin can become part of the Left Coast in name. Not by earthquake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Just thinking though, they would repeal all kinds of pollution regulations and with those refineries, pollute the air, that unfortunately would waft over the rest of us. I say let's just keep aggravating them into a frustrated frenzy.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #19
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

You are right Self Made Man. What a colossal waste of time . But something I'm sure legislators will be happy to waste time energy and taxpayers money debating. It's alot like wasting taxpayers money to hold a session to vote on an official state color, or an official state beverage. REALLY? Did somebody think that was cute? Because I didn't!!! That's fruad waste and abuse. For every second the electricity was on and the gas and the water the time they wasted, should be added up and refunded to the tax payers out of their own pockets. You can't come together agree and vote on where the highway funding should go when the infrastructure of your state is eroding away by the second, but you have time to vote on a state color. WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #20
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Exclamation NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I had no idea there was discussion of this again. It's absurd, but I love the idea. I want them to be forced to be part of Mexico again and be a linguistic minority. At the very least, they should secede. Wonderful Texans, of whom there are many, can join the rest of us.

Mexico would rather not.............

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post: