Notices

Old 02-09-2019, 11:39 AM   #4381
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

It's already up to 31 degrees so there is a chance some of the snow melts later today!

I wouldn't say we really got a full blown snowstorm but we did get a significant amount of snow!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #4382
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's such a nice feeling sitting here at the computer, all chores out of the way, sipping hot chocolate and watching the snow fall. It's 24 degrees out at around 9:30AM. I'm washing some warm bedding and a fluffy robe pulled from storage, just to make sure Monte and I stay toasty warm in clean cozy comfort tonight should the power go out. Cell phone is charged. Flashlight extra batteries and NOAA radio at the ready - big stack of library books and crossword magazines piled up to keep me busy should things go suddenly dark. The prediction is for snow all but one of the next 9 days with temps in the 20's the entire time. Loving it!
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #4383
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
It's such a nice feeling sitting here at the computer, all chores out of the way, sipping hot chocolate and watching the snow fall. It's 24 degrees out at around 9:30AM. I'm washing some warm bedding and a fluffy robe pulled from storage, just to make sure Monte and I stay toasty warm in clean cozy comfort tonight should the power go out. Cell phone is charged. Flashlight extra batteries and NOAA radio at the ready - big stack of library books and crossword magazines piled up to keep me busy should things go suddenly dark. The prediction is for snow all but one of the next 9 days with temps in the 20's the entire time. Loving it!
Sounds perfect for you.........
Old 02-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #4384
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Sunshine right now (noonish) and a temp of 33 which is helping to melt the snow! A forecast of 36 is the expected high today with continued sunshine..
Old 02-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #4385
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's our turn Tuesday. We were scheduled for 3-5 inches of snow followed by sleet and then rain but it went down to 1-3 inches and now it's back up to 3-5 inches. Welcome to the NE weather rollercoaster. Wee!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #4386
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Right now at 8 a.m. it's 29 degrees. A high of 36 is expected before day is over. They have covered all their bases by predicting snow, rain, or a mix of rain and snow........

I don't think they have a clue.... LOL
Old 02-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #4387
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Overcast, 12°F (-7°Celsius)
Humidity 73%
Wind Speed NNE 6 MPH
Barometer 29.93 in
Dewpoint 12°F (-11°C)
Visibility 10.0 mi
Wind Chill 11°F (-12°C)
Last Update 11 Feb 8:00 am PST

These numbers are based on readings out by the airport, about an hour ago, so might be a minor degree differences one way or the other. I'd say despite shut downs it must only be bad on the outskirts. Crews seem to be doing a pretty good job of clearing the roads in town. Also my neighbor was out driving today and even with good tires she's always super cautious about driving in snow unless the roads are fairly cleared. It's not snowing now but forecast is for light snow showers in the afternoon then all out snow for a couple few hours tonight.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:33 PM   #4388
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Angry Snow Snow Snow

Shocked face
There is a blizzard happening outside !!!

They predict up to a foot of snow, eek !!!

And I still don't own a pair of boots... Jeez

I blame climate change, i.e. (all the rich capitalists who have ignored the dangers)... I have to blame someone, right?
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2019, 10:28 PM   #4389
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Here in the East, we still await this storm. The village we live in is at higher elevation than the surrounding areas so we'll get a little more. We're expecting a foot plus. Yeah!!! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 12:53 AM   #4390
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

68 cloudy 100% humidity
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #4391
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

It's already 38 here with bright sunshine but from my window I can tell it's extremely windy out there!

Perhaps it's the residual effect of the storms that hit the Portland area.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:09 PM   #4392
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Snowing here in Eastern Washington. Crews are doing a good job keeping city roads clear but there is some pile up in outlying areas. That meant a four hour delay at work for my oldest. My youngest works in town so he's okay. I'm concerned about him though because he's so intent on getting a raise/promotion I can just see him canoeing in hell across a lake of fire to get the job done for the benefit of his lord and master – Harbor Freight. But he loves that job that I'd hate, and somebodies got to do it. So if he's happy, well there are certainly worse things he could be doing with his time and energy. That's for sure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #4393
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I had to dodge a 90 gallon garbage can sliding across the highway tonight, so I'd say it's a bit windy.

We also had a snow squall that I got caught in doing my property check earlier today.

I do so love winter.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #4394
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Can't complain....

It's already 38 degrees here at 9 a.m. with bright sunshine! High expect of near 50 today and tomorrow!
Old 03-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #4395
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Partially cloudy today, with a high of 75*
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2019, 06:20 PM   #4396
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

25F. With snow accumulation. Very cold the remainder of the week. A thaw is suppose to arrive on the weekend with temperatures ranging between 35-55F for the remainder of March. The Spring Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere will begin 4:58cst., March 20, 2019. (18 more days )
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019, 09:01 AM   #4397
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

It's a quarter to 8 in the morning and snowing, big, huge flakes. Sky is completely gray. Temp is somewhere between 27 and 29 degrees depending on which station you're listening too. The forecast was for freezing rain. Well maybe later cause that's not what I'm looking at right now. Anyhow it's so beautiful.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #4398
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Wow just past eleven o'clock and it's still snowing. For a little while I thought it was going to either stop or turn into rain as predicted because the flakes had gotten very, very tiny, but not so far. In fact it's coming down even heavier than when it started, and it was falling pretty heavy then. The snowflakes are huge. Across the way two robins hopped up. I watched them out my picture window. They just hung out on the ground. I figured it must not be bothering them too much or they'd be on the neighbor's patio where it's covered or at least underneath one of the windows beneath an awning but no they just hung out, hopped around out there exposed for the longest while. I had to leave the window for a bit and when I went back they were gone so I'm assuming they're fine or at least it makes me feel better to think so. Usually here if snow surprises us it's because it comes early, around Halloween. This year though it's like a white Christmas but in the springtime. Shows just how much that groundhog is to be trusted - trickster.

P.S. Oh wow they're back and this time they've got a friend with them, and one of them was flying so they must be pretty happy there, cooling their jets, hanging out and just chilling.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #4399
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

70 and cloudy kinda humid yuck

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #4400
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

It was beautiful here today! The wind is blowing now this evening and it’s nice and cool and feels amazing. One more month of this then it’s into the snow…

Tags
rain, weather