Notices

Old 03-04-2017, 08:43 PM   #2921
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Allied (2016) Stars: Brad Pitt, Marion Cotillard,

In 1942, a Canadian intelligence officer in North Africa encounters a female French Resistance fighter on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. When they reunite in London, their relationship is tested by the pressures of war.

I really enjoyed it, it kept your interest that's for sure
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 03:48 AM   #2922
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

From Redbox I rented;

Don't breath. Kept my attention but ended up being far darker than I imagined

X-men; Apocalypse. Love love love anything X-men.

The remake of The Magnificent Seven. Im not much for westerns, but it was wicked good.

Serendipitously, my Redbox was busy when I went to return movies, so I took them elsewhere.

Well....

For tonight I got PETE'S DRAGON (!!!!) finally.,.

And the Shallows. The preview looked good.

I decided to return the movies to my local Redbox to breath some variety into it. Its out of everything I want to see....
Old 03-06-2017, 06:23 AM   #2923
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw this last night. It was good.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 08:26 AM   #2924
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Niccolo Paganini-(1989)-Klaus Kinski.
Short biography of Italian violinist Paganini.
Fantastic music and acting. Bravissimo!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2017, 10:50 PM   #2925
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw these today and enjoyed them.

I am looking forward to these too.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2017, 04:19 AM   #2926
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default This one was a bit stranger than usual.......

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #2927
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation
Default Overdue post

In the past month I've seen...

La La Land
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Jackie
Doctor Strange
Arrival
Trolls
and, Girl on a Train

Fantastic Beasts was my favorite even though I cried.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2017, 04:30 PM   #2928
legally_b10nde

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman - Hello Daddy, hello mom. I'm your ch-ch-ch cherry bomb!
Preferred Pronoun?:
female/she/her
Relationship Status:
Single by choice

legally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Midnight Special on TV... I'm not much of a Sci-fi movie fan, but I liked it alot.

I saw the Lego Batman movie... totally loved it, it's cute and funny even for a grown ups.

Debating if I should watch the Beauty and the Beast (2017), because I loved the cartoon version so much that I don't want the live action movie to be disappointment... any feedbacks much appreciated!!
Old 03-17-2017, 05:38 PM   #2929
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'll be seeing Beauty and the Beast this coming week as well as Kong. Maybe others but that's on my to do list but I have to wait. I've been told I can't see Beauty alone.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #2930
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Arrival - very good

Lego Batman - hilarious! I would watch this one again. The person I was with liked it even more than the original Lego movie.

And, I saw a preview for a new Despicable Me/Minions movie. I can't wait!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 04:55 PM   #2931
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Baby Boom

It came on and I was going to change the channel but I started enjoying it so much!

I remember seeing it in the movies with my long-term ex. It came out in 1987!

Diane Keaton, Sam Shepard and James Spader, to name a few. I wanted to post the trailer but on YouTube, I could only find the whole movie.

Diane Keaton is so awesome. No one plays loveable ditz better than her.

Storyline partially from IMBd and partially from me:

J.C. Wiatt is a successful New York business woman. She gets news of an inheritance from a relative from another country and right off the bat, she suspects it's money. Well it's not money, it's a baby girl. At first she doesn't accept the (super darling baby) until the lady that gives the baby to her has to catch her flight. J.C. Her boyfriend doesn't like the idea of a baby living with them and he leaves her.

J.C. has enough of her New York life, having had a male co-worker get a big account that she has worked hard to land. She decides to buy an old two story cottage in Vermont to get out of the New York life. When she arrives, the house needs more help than originally thought. She gets bored one snowy day and decides to make apple sauce. Her baby loves it and she decides to sell it at the town country store.

You know the rest, right?

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #2932
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
It came on and I was going to change the channel but I started enjoying it so much!

Diane Keaton, Sam Shepard and James Spader, to name a few. I wanted to post the trailer but on YouTube, I could only find the whole movie.

J.C. Wiatt is a successful New York business woman. She gets news of an inheritance from a relative from another country and right off the bat, she suspects it's money. Well it's not money, it's a baby girl. At first she doesn't accept the (super darling baby) until the lady that gives the baby to her has to catch her flight. J.C. Her boyfriend doesn't like the idea of a baby living with them and he leaves her.

J.C. has enough of her New York life, having had a male co-worker get a big account that she has worked hard to land. She decides to buy an old two story cottage in Vermont to get out of the New York life. When she arrives, the house needs more help than originally thought. She gets bored one snowy day and decides to make apple sauce. Her baby loves it and she decides to sell it at the town country store.

No, I've never seen or heard of this movie Anya, buy your post about it makes me want to see it! Maybe before too long I can find it on DVD and watch it soon.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 08:42 PM   #2933
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
No, I've never seen or heard of this movie Anya, buy your post about it makes me want to see it! Maybe before too long I can find it on DVD and watch it soon.

I saw these today.

Both were very well done.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 05:27 PM   #2934
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Beauty and the Beast

Loved it, and loved watching my daughter revert to a three-year-old imagining that she was Belle all over again. ❤
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 05:37 PM   #2935
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Beauty and the Beast

Loved it, and loved watching my daughter revert to a three-year-old imagining that she was Belle all over again. ❤
i reverted to a 3 year old watching it! I absolutely loved it!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:08 AM   #2936
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw Gifted last night at a screening.

I love, love, love McKenna Grace. She's soo good as a gifted and quite precocious child. This was a very good movie.

Plus, Fred the one-eyed cat is excellent.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 04-06-2017 at 05:10 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #2937
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I just finally saw Beauty and the Beast, which I had been going nuts over since last year. It was beautiful, touching and everything it should have been. I've been impressed with Disney again lately.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 07:29 PM   #2938
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wow!

You know how the majority of lesbian movies have totally unrealistic sex and how both leads are usually femme?

This is not that movie.

The passion between the leads is believable, the sex is hot and the one lead is femme and the other is butch (and a roofer by trade).

I am 3/4th of the way through and I don't think one dies as in most lesbian movies. They may not last but that happens in lesbian real life, too.

I am so happy that I found it by accident-on VuDu of all places.

Btw, in case you couldn't tell: I am loving it! It just feels "real" even though it is a movie. There is nothing cheap or tacky or pretend about it.

I did roll my eyes at YouTube having put in parentheses next to the title:
(Lesbian Movie).

I don't think I have ever seen them do that about a (Straight Movie) even one with a lot of sex in it.

Partial review below:

"...But the new Canadian drama Below Her Mouth, which opens stateside on Friday, is a direct challenge to these ideas: It’s got an androgynous heartthrob (Erika Linder), an all-women crew (including director April Mullen and out writer Stephanie Fabrizi), and several scenes showing how women actually make each other—and themselves—come.

That this is still revolutionary in 2017 says a lot about how much more progress is needed in the patriarchal film industry, and in the U.S. in general. It’s not a coincidence that Below Her Mouth was made in Canada, where censorship is less of a concern and the government freely supports the arts.

To make her actors feel safe and supported, Mullen not only insisted on a closed set, with just her and the female DP in the room but took other steps to ensure both comfort and authenticity: “We hid microphones around the room so there would be no boom operator,” she told me. “It was a really, really intimate space that we kind of created for them.”

That comfort allowed the intimate scenes between Linder and co-star Natalie Krill to be more organic.

“I would never have interrupted them just to be sure we got the right angle or the right light,” says Mullen. “You hope to catch it and if you don’t, you have to tweak things. But I would never direct or interrupt them in these scenes. I wanted it to play out really authentically between the two of them.”
Much of Below Her Mouth is driven by the sexual chemistry between Linder and Krill, who meet when Linder’s Dallas is working as a roofer on the house next door to Krill’s Jasmine. They later reconnect at a lesbian bar (Jasmine is engaged to a man but goes with her bisexual friend), and begin an affair. Mullen argues their blooming relationship is told just as much through their bodies as it is through dialogue. “You give everything you can to another person through your body—every movement and spirit and soul in that scene. So it’s like each sex scene really does have its own vibe.”

Below Her Mouth is one of few lesbian films that acknowledges it’s for a specific audience: In interviews, the stars of Carol and Freeheld continually insisted how “universal” their projects were, how they really weren’t “lesbian movies.” But can’t a work exist as both? Perhaps trying so hard not to be a “lesbian movie” is why those films failed to really capture what gay women are like—in bed and in the world.

The creatives behind Below Her Mouth don’t feel the need to negate it as a love story between two women to reach a larger audience. Maybe that comes from not being beholden to the American studio system.

There’s something to be said for allowing queer women to be in control of their own stories—though, even then, some viewers will inevitably disagree with those portrayals. (See: The Kids Are All Right.) But what Below Her Mouth accomplishes, compared to big studio flicks and even most lesbian-sex-heavy indies, is the true eroticism that emerges when two women are alone together, without feeling the watchful eye of a man—or several men.

Sure, they might end up being in the audience. But they needn’t be in the room when shooting the scene.

Many lesbian films by women are dismissed as sappy, heavy on melodrama, sisterhood, and cringeworthy folk songs. The worst of them resemble paperback romances or have a predictable plot with a tragic acting to match. Blame it on a lack of creativity—or budget—but there’s often less focus on the central plot and characters than the sex act themselves.

We gay gals are ultimately looking for a love story, a modern fairy tale that isn’t tragic like Monster or melodramatic like Claire of the Moon.. A movie is only be improved when it’s created by those who have the lived experience. (Or at least by those smart enough to reach out to experts, like the Wachowskis did with Susie Bright on Bound). What ultimately serves lesbian viewers best is a heightened version of reality: Two women with chemistry that is conveyed through organic dialogue, plot and body language, engaging in sex acts that weren’t created by an outsider’s imagination.

Yes, cinema is fantasy, but shouldn’t it be ours?"

Trish Bendix

Trish Bendix is a Los Angeles-based writer and editor. She is currently the editor in chief of GO Magazine and a former editor in chief for AfterEllen.com.

http://www.newnownext.com/below-her-...n-sex/04/2017/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2017, 11:46 AM   #2939
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We rented "Why Him?" last night and I laughed so, so hard I doubled over wheezing a few times. LOVE IT! Also rented Passengers the other night and enjoyed it so much I bought it the next day at Target (20% off all DVDs at Target may have also been an influence...)

Going to see "The Circle" in a few hours.

We see a lot of movies, what can I say?
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 09:37 PM   #2940
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I finally saw Bridget Jones' Baby!

Tags
film, movie