Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #1581
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I have just been doing my step workout with weights while I watch tv twice a day for 45min to an hour. As much as I love yoga, I think I need an intermediate version. I got bored with my dvd...it happens.

I thought working out with the heat and humidity of late would be difficult....but....I figure Im sweating any way...so...why not sweat with purpose??
Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #1582
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Soooo, I forgot my notebook that I tally my workout information in. Okay. I found some paper and a pen. Problem solved.

I also forgot an envelope that I needed to mail for work. That's a bit of a problem. I stopped at the bank but had to come back to the office and get the envelope and get it prepped to go out. Luckily, it looks like the mail is running late today. If I'm wrong and we just didn't get anything (pretty damn impossible this time of the month for my work), then I'll have to run the envelope down to the post office after my shower. It has to go out today, so whatever it takes to make it happen is what needs to happen.

I'm telling you this because this is my mindset when I got to the gym. It was one "Crap!" after another. Sounds like I was setting myself up for another less than stellar workout, huh? I woke up at 5:46 this morning and said 'oh, HELL no!' to myself and got myself back to sleep for another 2 hours. That is what did it, I think. If I didn't get those extra zzzzz's, I bet it would have been a miserable workout but I did and it wasn't, so there.

I did a smidge over 30 minutes of circuit training, abs included, and then moved onto T33. She remembered last night and was stingy with her 0.0 inclines, which is what I do my intervals on. I took advantage of a 30 seconder, which is frustrating because by the time you get accelerated to the correct speed, you only get 10-15 seconds of straight running before you have to start decelerating but I think that helped and I also took another minute and a half interval, which was nice even though it wasn't 0.0 incline.

I knew I wouldn't have too many intervals since I was regularly bumping up the levels and once you get past level 7, there's no such thing as 0.0 intervals. None. Nada. Nihil.

During the cooldown, I took advantage and got another minute and a half interval in, which was nice. It helped push me over my goal and that made me happy.

All in all, despite a rough start, it was a most excellent workout. Random program, levels 3-16.

1 running interval for 30 seconds at 6.0 mph, 0.0 incline.
1 running interval for 90 seconds at 6.0 mph, 1.5 incline.
1 running interval for 90 seconds at 6.0 mph, 1.0 incline.

Stats: 502 calories, 3.64 miles, 65:00 minutes.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #1583
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yesterday? Jogged around the seawall in Stanley Park, Vancouver.

Today? Two words: GROUSE GROUND (Google it, you rotten kids!)
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #1584
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Correction to above post: That's GROUSE GRIND. (You can't google it, if you don't have the info)

Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #1585
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I wrote this truly inspirational post and then the power blew out and then I had to go into work for a little bit to counteract the damage and then I came back and it said I could restore my page and I was like 'cool!' and it restored and I finished the post (it was most excellent, I assure you) and then I copied it just in case something happened and then something happened and when I pulled up a new post and went to paste it, it wasn't there to be pasted.

*breath*

Gone.

Poof.

C'est la vie.

Happy July 4th, regardless!

I've found some independence from negative thought lately. With each and every workout, I extricate myself bit by bit from my self-imposed judgments and criticisms as well as societal demands placed on females and especially females that are aging, as I am. I'm trying damn hard to fight gravity but also to give myself credit when I should. My body's doing what it's supposed to do. I just want to nudge it in a direction that will allow it to do what it's doing but more on my terms than those of gravity alone.

My workouts won't change the world, but they change my world and that's pretty damn awesome for me. A good ole endorphin rush can do wonders for my psyche and after a few months of regular weight workouts, I'll probably be a little less lumpy, which sounds exciting. Gives me something to look forward to.

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #1586
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today was a really good workout.

I started with circuit training again. You're really not supposed to train the same muscles back to back days but I went super light today and I wanted to see how it would affect my performance. I also added 3 machines. Hip ab- and adductor and back extensions. I'm doing well enough with my chiro appointments that I felt comfortable using it. Probably 40 minutes.

T33 was busy so I went down the line to T27. Random program, levels 3-15.

Running intervals:

.4 incline for 90 seconds @ 6.0 mph
0.0 incline for 60 seconds @ 6.0 mph
0.0 incline for 60 seconds @ 6.0 mph
1.5 incline for 90 seconds @ 6.0 mph

Stats: 485 calories, 3.61 miles, 65:00 minutes

This was definitely a hard workout. They may have something with that whole 'no back to back weight workouts' thing.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #1587
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,720 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today my gym was closed. They close on too many holidays. I couldn't walk in the park because there was to be thunderstorms. I thought I might go stir crazy, until I thought to call my dad who is out of town and ask if he could talk to his gym about letting me be a guest today. Score! I did an hour on the Stair Master while watching a few episodes of Season 3 of Girls and then an hour of floor exercises, weight lifting, and stretching.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #1588
CyberStud
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:
Married to the gym..it's true love <3

Thanked 1,232 Times in 334 Posts
CyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just 21 Days........

Well according to experts it take 21 days to form a habit...good or bad! So day 2 of trying to reform those good habits which were lost the moment summer decided reared its sunny head and blind me with copious food and unhealthy beer distractions.
One thing is for sure, exercise was easier during the long cold winter months and fitness is soooo easy to lose, yet hard to gain back! But with perseverance these goals can be achieved and in 19 mores days this ordeal will feel more enjoyable again.
Anyway, I started the day with some gentle morning yoga followed by 45min spin class...feel the burn..Oh Yes, I sure did!
After work, I went indoor rock-climbing for an hour but that felt more like fun than exercise so don't know if that counts. I'll make up for it tomorrow with a resistance band workout and more cycling.

Keep up the good work folks &
CyberStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #1589
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Forced my self to gym after spending $$$ on clothes after someone put that shopping bug in my head, lol,. 25 on treadmill 3.2 minute mile up from 2.9. 100 crunches a combo of different ab machines, arms, stretching other weights for another 40 minutes. Now I can lift that bag with the clothes I bought.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #1590
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Who put the shopping bug in your head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmepacker View Post
Forced my self to gym after spending $$$ on clothes after someone put that shopping bug in my head, lol,. 25 on treadmill 3.2 minute mile up from 2.9. 100 crunches a combo of different ab machines, arms, stretching other weights for another 40 minutes. Now I can lift that bag with the clothes I bought.

How do I... ?
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #1591
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Today is a 'down' day, mostly ... we need to stain our deck but I'm hoping the threat of rain will put a stop to that this weekend.

Yesterday, we did an epic 6 hour return bike trip from home in Breckenridge to Vail. Thanks to a great bike path system you can actually cycle up and down the east and west sides of Vail Pass. Awesome day, which I'm seriously feeling today. My girlfriend does more endurance cycling so this 80 miles was nothing for her. I, on the other hand, tend to be more of a commuter cyclist... climbing up Vail Pass is no joke! But the downhill is most excellent!!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #1592
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I've declared today an off day. It started very difficult and only slightly got easier by the end.

I'll have a good, long workout tomorrow so it will be okay.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #1593
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I did an hour on the Stairmaster (45/50 intervals), followed by a combined hour of weight lifting, yoga, and floor exercises.

I listened to Jeanine, a trainer, and her frequent client, Diane, for the duration of their session. Jeanine challenges Diane, and Diane gets snappy about it because she doesn't like change. I like how Jeanine could simply put Diane through her paces the way Diane wants but instead she deals with Diane's push-back and makes her learn new things and get things right. One day after a session between them that I unfortunately missed, Jeanine said, "I want to apologize for how I made you feel during the last session." Diane said, "No it was me. I was a bitch." Jeanine said, "I wouldn't go that far." Diane said, "No, it's true. I just don't like change." It's a little like sitting in on a therapy session!

How do I... ?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #1594
Charmingbutch21

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's not a big deal for me, call it as you see it
Relationship Status:
Single

Charmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST Reputation

Three softball games today. Won 2, lost 1. We play again at 9:00 in the morning. Hot as hell, but totally worth it. Having tons of fun with my pals!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:08 AM   #1595
CyberStud

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:

CyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST ReputationCyberStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Tour De France Effect...

I also had a day off yesterday from anything too strenuous, all in preparation for today's Sunday cycle with my local LGBT cycle group. A 30 mile trip is planned so I done some intense stretches this morning to avoid any soreness later.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #1596
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Beautiful day, perfect weather to swim outside. 25 laps, up 3 from last swim.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #1597
Charmingbutch21

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's not a big deal for me, call it as you see it
Relationship Status:
Single

Charmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingbutch21 Has the BEST Reputation

Three more softball games today. Won 2 and lost 1. Came in 6th place in the tournament. Worn out. Nasty. Got skinned knees too! The weekend was a success! Now I just need a femme to cuddle with on the couch.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #1598
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

If anyone wondered where the sexy went, wonder no more.

I found it.

Apparently, I needed Saturday off. I thought it was a logical and lazy decision but this morning was the first morning in I don't know how long that my thighs and hips didn't feel a stretch and I didn't feel the work I'd done the day before. I lounged around in bed and eased myself into the day.

I worked hard at work and outside it was a bit warm. The day was busy but not unmanageable.

I went to the gym though I had to bully myself into it. I bribed myself with my new fancy spandex workout outfit and promised myself I wouldn't have to do weights but I did bring my gloves and wrist wrap just in case I changed my mind (but I didn't).

Maybe it was the fact that there were only 20 people in the gym or that the fans were actually on a speed faster than slow or maybe it was my new, skin baring top but I finally felt comfortable, temperature-wise. I decided to work with, instead of against, T33 and found myself doing several running intervals and keeping my incline levels down. I still eked out a very respectable workout.

Random program, levels 3-10.

Running intervals:

5~ 60 second intervals @ 6.0mph and 0.0 incline
4~ 60 second intervals @ 6.0mph and 1.5 incline

Stats: 455 calories, 3.81 miles, 65:00 minutes

I got in 5-6 minutes of ab work as well.

When I was done and in the locker room, I saw my reflection in the mirror and I looked good. I had that sheen of perspiration that I find attractive. Kind of dewy and glowing. I liked it!

It twas a good, good day.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2014, 03:26 AM   #1599
CyberStud

How Do You Identify?:
Stud_elicious
Relationship Status:

Default Tabata

Due to time restraints today, I'm incorporation a Tabata routine into my exercise regime. For those who are not familiar with this beautiful lung bursting event, its a high-intensity interval training done in 4 minutes and is NOT recommended for the faint hearted! I chose burpees for a total body workout punishment and it was HELL..so taking the rest of the day off...guilty free!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CyberStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #1600
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Last night, at home, I did 100 crunches and some stretching. This is on top of my swimming yesterday. Abs feeling tight
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights