Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #41
Scots_On_The_Rocks

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, them, theirs
Relationship Status:
Owned by a few cats, Loved by one woman, and Looked up to by one child.

Thanked 1,092 Times in 388 Posts
Scots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin' View Post
kale and white bean soup

Ingredients:

•1 lb dried white beans such as Great Northern, cannellini (i used tinned cannellini when in a hurry), or navy
•2 onions, coarsely chopped
•2 tablespoons olive oil
•4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (i use 6, but that's jus' me.)
•5 cups chicken broth
•2 qt water
•1 (3- by 2-inch) piece Parmigiano-Reggiano rind
•2 teaspoons salt
•1/2 teaspoon black pepper
•1 bay leaf (not California)
•1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
•1 lb smoked sausage such as kielbasa (optional, i use spicy kielbasa), sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
•8 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
•1 lb kale (preferably lacinato), stems and center ribs discarded and leaves coarsely chopped

•Accompaniment: provolone toasts

Preparation:

-Cover beans with water by 2 inches in a pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand, uncovered, 1 hour. Drain beans in a colander and rinse.

-Cook onions in oil in an 8-quart pot over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add beans, broth, 1 quart water, cheese rind, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and rosemary and simmer, uncovered, until beans are just tender, about 50 minutes.

-While soup is simmering, brown sausage (if using) in batches in a heavy skillet over moderate heat, turning, then transfer to paper towels to drain.

-Stir carrots into soup and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in kale, sausage, and remaining quart water and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper.

Cooks'notes: Soup is best if made 1 or 2 days ahead. Cool completely, uncovered, then chill, covered. Thin with water if necessary.

•Lacinato is available at farm stands, specialty produce markets, and natural foods stores. Be aware that it has many aliases: Tuscan kale, black cabbage, cavolo nero, dinosaur kale, and flat black cabbage.
This would probably be just as good subbing linguica or the firm chorizo in place of the kielbasa.

-Me

"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark." ~ Henri Frederic Amiel
Scots_On_The_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scots_On_The_Rocks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #42
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots_On_The_Rocks View Post
This would probably be just as good subbing linguica or the firm chorizo in place of the kielbasa.
i sub in some spicy chorizo on occasion...
Old 10-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #43
Scots_On_The_Rocks

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, them, theirs
Relationship Status:
Owned by a few cats, Loved by one woman, and Looked up to by one child.

Thanked 1,092 Times in 388 Posts
Scots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST Reputation

Slow Cooker Ukranian Borscht

Makes 8 servings

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2 inch
pieces
4 beets, peeled and chopped
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 cup baby carrots, cut into 1/2 inch
pieces
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups beef broth, or more
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups shredded green cabbage (I like to use red cabbage and radicchio)
1 cup sour cream, as garnish

DIRECTIONS:

Place beef, beets, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic in a slow cooker. Whisk together the beef broth, tomato paste, vinegar, brown sugar, dill weed, parsley, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over the beef and vegetables, adding more broth to cover as needed.

Cover and cook on Low for 8 1/2 hours, or High for 4 hours.

Set heat to High, then stir in the shredded cabbage. Cover and continue cooking until the cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Serve in a bowl with a dollop of sour cream.

-Me

"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark." ~ Henri Frederic Amiel
Scots_On_The_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scots_On_The_Rocks For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #44
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Melt in Your Mouth Egg Nog Cookies--these look amazing!

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Eggnog Cookies

Yield: About 2 dozen

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, plus more for topping
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp rum extract
1/2 cup eggnog
Frosting
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature (I used 1/4 cup salted and 1/4 cup unsalted butter)
3 - 5 Tbsp eggnog
1/2 tsp rum extract
3 cups powdered sugar
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon for 30 seconds, set aside. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg yolks one at a time, blending just until combined after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract, rum extract and egg nog. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Scoop dough out by the heaping tablespoonfuls and drop onto Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart. Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes. Allow to rest on baking sheet several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Cool completely then frost with Eggnog Frosting and sprinkle tops lightly with nutmeg.

For the Eggnog Frosting:
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter until very pale and fluffy. Add in rum extract and 3 Tbsp eggnog and mix in powdered sugar. Add additional eggnog to reach desired consistency.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #45
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation

...So when you making these for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Eggnog Cookies

Yield: About 2 dozen

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, plus more for topping
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp rum extract
1/2 cup eggnog
Frosting
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature (I used 1/4 cup salted and 1/4 cup unsalted butter)
3 - 5 Tbsp eggnog
1/2 tsp rum extract
3 cups powdered sugar
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon for 30 seconds, set aside. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg yolks one at a time, blending just until combined after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract, rum extract and egg nog. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Scoop dough out by the heaping tablespoonfuls and drop onto Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart. Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes. Allow to rest on baking sheet several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Cool completely then frost with Eggnog Frosting and sprinkle tops lightly with nutmeg.

For the Eggnog Frosting:
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter until very pale and fluffy. Add in rum extract and 3 Tbsp eggnog and mix in powdered sugar. Add additional eggnog to reach desired consistency.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #46
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbikedyke View Post
...So when you making these for me?
I think she should make them when she's here visiting. Just sayin'.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #47
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Greens

Does anyone have a good recipe for greens?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:08 PM   #48
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Collard Greens and Smoked Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Does anyone have a good recipe for greens?
I like collard greens because they're a hearty (tough) green with a distinctive bite to the taste.

Here is a variation of a recipe I found here ....

Ingredients:

1 or 2 medium smoked ham hocks, or 1 pound smoked pork neck bones, or 1 ham shank (my preference is a shank)

2-3 pounds of collards or several large bunches (If you can't get them fresh, frozen will do.)

Take the meat and put it in a large pot of water. Make sure the meat is covered by the water. Bring the water to a rolling boil and let it "gently" boil for about 1.5 hours. Add more water as it boils down. The idea is to boil the meat until it begins to fall apart. You want the ham hocks to be falling apart, or almost falling apart, before you add the collard greens to the liquid. Once the meat is cooked, take it out of the pot to cool off. After it's cool, separate the meat from the fat, joints, or bone. Throw away the fat, joints, bones, etc and put the meat aside while you cook the greens.

Take the collard greens and separate the leaves (if fresh). Dunk each leaf in a large basin of water then rinse each leaf individually under cold running water. After you rinse the collard greens thoroughly, stack several leaves on top of each other. Roll these leaves together. Then slice the leaves into thin strips using a cutting board and large knife. Rolling them together speeds up the process as you are slicing through several leaves at once.

Next, add your collard greens to the pot. Slowly add them until the pot is full. Allow them to wilt as they cook - then add more. Cover and cook for thirty minutes on medium heat. Stir every few minutes. Taste to confirm they are the tenderness you prefer. Add the meat to the pot and serve.

If you use smoked neck bones, they usually don't take as long to cook as ham hocks.

I usually make this dish on holidays and weekends. Takes too long for me to cook when I come home after working.

You can double this recipe and freeze some for a later dater.

You can use smoked turkey, too.

I usually freeze fresh greens before I cook them. My mother would always wait till the first frost before picking the greens in her garden, so I'm thinkin' that freezing them may help too. Doesn't seem to hurt.

Good luck, Chad, and let us know if you make this or a variation of it!

Last edited by Orema; 01-01-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 08:14 PM   #49
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sautéed Kale

This is quick and easy.

Get some Kale. Either get a bag or some leaves or some bunches. Clean it, toss the stems, cut it down.

In a sautée pan heat some olive oil. Then add some butter. As the butter is melting, add the kale and sautée it for a few minutes. Once it starts to wilt, add a little water (1/8 cup?). Keep the fire high and let the water cook down while you constantly stir the kale. Taste the kale to see if it's tender enough. If not, add a little more water and let it cook down.

Add salt, red pepper flakes and enjoy!

I often make this when I come home from work. It's quick fast and good. If you're dieting you can omit the butter, if necessary and it's still good.

I also cook spinach like this but spinach is so tender I use little or no water at all.

You can add garlic, sesame oil, green onions, all kinds of things. Experiment.

Last edited by Orema; 01-01-2016 at 08:28 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #50
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you Orema, I am looking forward to trying your recipe.

Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I like collard greens because they're a hearty (tough) green with a distinctive bite to the taste.

Here is a variation of a recipe I found here ....

Ingredients:

1 or 2 medium smoked ham hocks, or 1 pound smoked pork neck bones, or 1 ham shank (my preference is a shank)

2-3 pounds of collards or several large bunches (If you can't get them fresh, frozen will do.)

Take the meat and put it in a large pot of water. Make sure the meat is covered by the water. Bring the water to a rolling boil and let it boil for about 1 1/2 hours. Add more water as it boils down. The idea is to boil the meat until it begins to fall apart. You want the ham hocks to be falling apart, or almost falling apart, before you add the collard greens to the liquid. Once the meat is cooked, take it out of the pot to cool off. After it's cool, separate the meat from the fat, joints, or bone. Throw away the fat, joints, bones, etc and put the meat aside while you cook the greens.

Take the collard greens and separate the leaves (if fresh). Dunk each leaf in a large basin of water then rinse each leaf individually under cold running water. After you rinse the collard greens thoroughly, stack several leaves on top of each other. Roll these leaves together. Then slice the leaves into thin strips using a cutting board and large knife. Rolling them together speeds up the process as you are slicing through several leaves at once.

Next, add your collard greens to the pot. Slowly add them until the pot is full. Allow them to wilt as they cook - then add more. Cover and cook for thirty minutes on medium heat. Stir every few minutes. Taste to confirm they are the tenderness you prefer. Add the meat to the pot and serve.

If you use smoked neck bones, they usually don't take as long to cook as ham hocks.

I usually make this dish on holidays and weekends. Takes too long for me to cook when I come home after working.

You can double this recipe and freeze some for a later dater.

I usually freeze fresh greens before I cook them. My mother would always wait till the first frost before picking the greens in her garden, so I'm thinkin' that freezing them may help too. Doesn't seem to hurt.

Good luck, Chad, and let us know if you make this or a variation of it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #51
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
This is quick and easy.

Get some Kale. Either get a bag or some leaves or some bunches. Clean it, toss the stems, cut it down.

In a sautée pan heat some olive oil. Then add some butter. As the butter is melting, add the kale and sautée it for a few minutes. Once it starts to wilt, add a little water (1/8 cup?). Keep the fire high and let the water cook down while you constantly stir the kale. Taste the kale to see if it's tender enough. If not, add a little more water and let it cook down.

Add salt, red pepper flakes and enjoy!

I often make this when I come home from work. It's quick fast and good. If you're dieting you can omit the butter, if necessary and it's still good.

I also cook spinach like this but spinach is so tender I use little or no water at all.

You can add garlic, sesame oil, green onions, all kinds of things. Experiment.
OH and me on Warfarin ! Me no can have kale! Darn it to all!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #52
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeo View Post
OH and me on Warfarin ! Me no can have kale! Darn it to all!
Can you eat chard and can you get it in your neck of the woods?

If so, you can cook it the same exact way. Very tasty.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #53
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Chicken Noodle Soup

Chicken noodle soup
Chad style

Ingredients list
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
Bay leaf
Chicken broth
Peppers (if you like spice)

Onion
Celery
Chicken (cubed) I used boneless skinless
Corn
Peas
Broccoli
Carrots
Egg noodles

Stovetop sauté the chicken, onions and celery in a TBS of mild oil then add the chicken broth, veggies, and noodles. Add the spices and bring to a boil then simmer until the noodles are soft.

It is yummy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2016, 07:23 PM   #54
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to cook ribs, although I think getting fatty ribs tends to be my main problem! Some say to par boil them ahead of time , some say wrap in foil and bake slow and on a low heat, etc etc! Anyone willing to share info on ribs? It would be greatly appreciated!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #55
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Buddy do you have a smoker or grill?
Not sure I want my secrets out in the world but I can help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to cook ribs, although I think getting fatty ribs tends to be my main problem! Some say to par boil them ahead of time , some say wrap in foil and bake slow and on a low heat, etc etc! Anyone willing to share info on ribs? It would be greatly appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #56
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Buddy do you have a smoker or grill?
I have both.

Quote:
Not sure I want my secrets out in the world but I can help you.
C'mon, Texan ... give it up! We're all friends here.

Let us in on the secrets.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2016, 08:37 PM   #57
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Okay, I had to get the laptop out.
Pork Ribs - baby back or Saint Louis style

Marinate the ribs overnight in anything similar to the following;
Apple cider vinegar
Soy sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Salt
Pepper
Chili powder
Lime juice
Some people add garlic or brown sugar but use the spices that you like.
Seasoning should be light and not overpower the meat.

Next day
Wrap in foil with marinate juice and cook in the oven for about 1.5 hours on 200 degrees

Next light coals on grill and add wet wood chips
place ribs (still in foil but open) on cool side of grill for about 2 more hours. Base with favorite sauce.

Let me know if I need to clarify anything.
If you have a smoker then you can skip the oven step and place the ribs in the smoker.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #58
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
I have both.

Haha! Orema you are a funny lady! Grill masters are very secretive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2016, 08:58 PM   #59
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I have both.

Orema, perhaps you've missed your calling! I get the feeling you would make a wonderful Chef
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2016, 09:10 PM   #60
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeo View Post
Orema, perhaps you've missed your calling! I get the feeling you would make a wonderful Chef
I don't have the patience, talent, confidence or arrogance to be a chef but I thnk I would have been a good sous chef.

Methinks Chad may be a secret chef after reading some of his posts on the meals he makes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: