Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

A lil fairy whispered in my ear the other day that I was going to receive the Sookie Stackhouse series as a belated birthday gift.

So I shall be reading them as soon as they arrive. Yep total mindless fluff. Vampire Fluff - heheheheheheh

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 01:43 AM   #722
Camo Eagle

How Do You Identify?:
FTM in these communities. Male in everyday & public life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Camo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST Reputation

Nightworld Vol. 3 By LJ Smith
Huntress
Blk Dawn
Witchlight

Silent Witness : The Terri Schaivo Story by Mark Fuhrman
Camo Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Camo Eagle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 05:09 AM   #723
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Old 05-31-2011, 05:30 AM   #724
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Conversations With Myself - Nelson Mandela

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 06:12 AM   #725
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default just finished this one

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 07:12 AM   #726
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Introduction to Italian Poetry - A Dual Language Book - by Luciano Rebay

(A promise to My late maternal Grandmother)

Gore Vidal - Snapshots in History's Glare - by Gore Vidal

(I have never been one to read autobiographies .. however, so far this is very good)

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - Kate DiCamillo and Bagram Ibatoulline

(This one is a re-read - a heartwarming story about a china doll rabbit and his adventures around the globe)
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 11:07 AM   #727
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I'm very excited to start reading:

'The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making'

"Bibliophilic wyverns, enchanted woods, an evil Marquess, a magical talisman, dwarven customs agents, djinns, velocipedes--and that doesn't even take into account what's in the title of The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making. A fantastical tale that's somewhere between Lewis Carroll and Terry Pratchett, Cathrynne Valente's book follows twelve-year-old September, a girl from Omaha, Nebraska, who finds herself whisked away by a fast-talking gentleman called the Green Wind to the world of Fairyland where she has to retrieve a witch's spoon from the fickle Marquess. Still, Cathrynne Valente's imaginative cast of characters and spirited prose turn what could be a standard heroine-on-a-quest story into something on par with the best (and weirdest) classics. --Darryl Campbell"
Old 06-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #728
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Daily Affirmations for Forgiving & Moving On
Tian Dayton
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #729
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

From Dead to Worse -- Charlaine Harris, book 8 of the Sookie Stackhouse serie
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #730
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

For class:
Anne Bradstreet's poems
John Smith's narratives (or, rather, propoganda of the Americas in the 1600s)
Mary Rowlandson's captivity narrative

For leisure:
Accidental Slave by Claire Thompson (I identify more with the female character in this book...but I like her Obsession better)
Firebird by Annabel Joseph...downloaded to the Kindle

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg

Last edited by daisygrrl; 06-03-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: i wrote "firebrand" the first time...guess that tells ya where my mind is *whistles & looks away
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #731
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Stranger than fixtione

If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid, too.

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #732
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation
Default Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest

Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest

by Stieg Larsson

The Swedish movie can not be topped by anything done by Hollywood, and it goes without saying that the book is better than the movie.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Who-Kicked-Hornets-Nest/dp/1906694176"]Amazon.com: Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest (9781906694173): Stieg Larsson: Books[/ame]
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #733
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid, too.

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
I wnoedr why it can do tihs? And why a solw rdeaer can raed it? Seplilng is oratreved.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #734
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sabriel-ebook/dp/B000FC13MM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307148155&sr=8-2"]Sabriel by Garth Nix.[/ame]

I was at McKay the other evening and a young lady was telling her boyfriend that he haaaad to read it. I introduced myself and asked her why? What was so good about it? Sounded interesting enough, so I got it. Kinda interesting so far.

Had to get all the Feegle voices out of my head after Wee Free Men, before I picked up the next one in the series.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #735
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

The bookstore just called to let me know this one is in. I think I will be able to pick it up tomorrow and start on it right away.

Hoping to get a Kindle for my birthday then I won't have to wait as long for books.

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #736
Camo Eagle

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Camo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST Reputation

The Buddha Book by Lillian Too
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camo Eagle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #737
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara2 View Post
Sabriel by Garth Nix.

I was at McKay the other evening and a young lady was telling her boyfriend that he haaaad to read it. I introduced myself and asked her why? What was so good about it? Sounded interesting enough, so I got it. Kinda interesting so far.

Had to get all the Feegle voices out of my head after Wee Free Men, before I picked up the next one in the series.

The Sabriel series is REALLY good! REALLY REALLY.
Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorrsen - are the three titles.

like the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy (or more loosely the HP series) these are YA fiction that are based on a 'coming of age/rites of passage' format. BUT just likst HDM and HP when they are read by adults they have greater meaning and content.

I loved the Sabriel series because the series is lead by a very strong young female character.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #738
SimpleAlaskanBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual trans guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Daddy to a sweet daisy.

Thanked 1,010 Times in 295 Posts
SimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Victorian America Transformations in Everyday Life 1876-1915 by Thomas J. Schlereth.

<-----Pocky Jedi

"There's only one rule I know of babies-G-d damn it, you've got to be kind."
-Kurt Vonnegut (G-d Bless You, Mr. Rosewater)
SimpleAlaskanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpleAlaskanBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #739
Camo Eagle

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Secret Societies by Sylvia Browne
The Following User Says Thank You to Camo Eagle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #740
Maria

How Do You Identify?:
Regular, with sugar

Thanked 1,335 Times in 501 Posts
Maria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished Born To Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall

This is an inspiring book for many runners. For this runner, it shed new light on the biomechanics of running and the bill of goods we've been sold as far as running shoes are concerned. Looking forward to shedding my running shoes for those Five Fingers now. The little sexist flourishes (and notable omissions!) irked me.
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maria For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading