Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #101
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

The only things I have been able to read really in the past 6 months is text books for school. But, man, you never know how much you really don't know until you are back in school. It is making me feel like an idiot, really. rofl
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #102
Spa

How Do You Identify?:
Secret handshake.
Relationship Status:
I do the crossword in bed.

Spa has a reputation beyond reputeSpa has a reputation beyond reputeSpa has a reputation beyond reputeSpa has a reputation beyond reputeSpa has a reputation beyond reputeSpa has a reputation beyond reputeSpa has a reputation beyond reputeSpa has a reputation beyond reputeSpa has a reputation beyond reputeSpa has a reputation beyond reputeSpa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Coroner's Reports: 1896-1935, Monroe County, Indiana

http://www.monroe.lib.in.us/indiana_room/coroner.pdf

So many sparse stark stories:

08/15/1932 COX, Willis H. 83, 5'11"/200 Suicide by drinking carboric acid. He became furious with his daughter-in-law Arizona Cox, and they had a quarrel. After the quarrel, he went to his room and swallowed the poison.// Nothing of value
Such a romantic.
Spa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #103
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm re-reading a few right now, including:

*[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Interrupted-Susanna-Kaysen/dp/0679746048/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265555785&sr=8-1"]Girl, Interrupted[/ame] by Susanna Kaysen. The memoir is different from the film, which are brilliant in their own rights. This book also makes a great gift.

*[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Gracefully-Insane-Americas-Premier-Hospital/dp/1586481614/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265555823&sr=1-1-spell"]Gracefully Insane: Life and Death Inside America's Premier Mental Hospital[/ame] by Alex Beam is a wonderful investigation into McLean, the mental institution where notables--such as Sylvia Plath, James Taylor, & Susanna Kaysen--visited for treatment. The discussion on (and interviews concerning) 1960s youth culture at McLean is particularly insightful.

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #104
BornBronson
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently banned 7/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Straight Butch Woman
Relationship Status:
Nice Tie

BornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond repute

The Last Train from Hiroshima-Charles Pellegrino
BornBronson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BornBronson For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #105
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

"When you are engulfed in flames" by David Sedaris. He's a wonderful essayist, writes about, well, life. With his dry sense of humor he breaks apart the irony in our every day lives, making us laugh at ourselves because that's all there is left to do.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #106
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Against Nature
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #107
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

I am reading
"A Bridge Acrossed Forever"
By Richard Bach

And my book as I write...lol

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 12:48 AM   #108
Ghost Huntin' Daddy

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy, Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Ghost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST ReputationGhost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST ReputationGhost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST ReputationGhost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST ReputationGhost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST ReputationGhost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST ReputationGhost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST ReputationGhost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST ReputationGhost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST ReputationGhost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST ReputationGhost Huntin' Daddy Has the BEST Reputation

The Everything Ghost Hunting Book by Melissa Martin Ellis....I know, big shock....lol

Ghost Huntin' Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ghost Huntin' Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 05:01 AM   #109
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Denkay View Post
"When you are engulfed in flames" by David Sedaris. He's a wonderful essayist, writes about, well, life. With his dry sense of humor he breaks apart the irony in our every day lives, making us laugh at ourselves because that's all there is left to do.
I adore Sedaris--and I'm encouraged to hear that you enjoyed Engulfed in Flames because several die-hard Sedaris fans have been less than thrilled. Even though I planned to read it months ago, I'm hoping for the summer now--when school's "out" (lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
This is going on my reading list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post

And my book as I write...lol
How awesome! Writing is work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Huntin' Daddy View Post
The Everything Ghost Hunting Book by Melissa Martin Ellis....I know, big shock....lol
It's very cool that the amount of paranormal books these days are rising (since it used to be very difficult to find a decent and well researched book years ago).

What I'm reading:
*student papers
*my writing
*(for class, re-read) Shirley Jackson's short story "The Lottery" (freaky!)
*job announcements

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #110
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) for school. I'll be glad when May 5th is here and I can go back to reading fun stuff for the summer.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 05:25 AM   #111
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Chapterhouse..the last book by Frank Herbert in the Dune series...its a barn burner and i dont want it to end so im savoring the last 100 pages lol
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #112
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Im-Down-Memoir-Mishna-Wolff/dp/0312378556"]I'm Down[/ame]

I really liked this book, a very interesting topic plus a quick and easy read.
I laughed so hard at times one of my co-workers felt compelled to check on me.
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 09:11 AM   #113
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Cacophony by Kevin Smith. Yes, that Kevin Smith.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 09:11 AM   #114
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,089 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters...
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #115
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished Dead and Gone - the latest in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I must say, I like Eric better in the books than in the show, TrueBlood.

I also just finished a lovely read called Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. It is a lovely look at the 1930's and a beautiful story of the bond of two sisters.

I just started Namah's Kiss by Jacqueline Carey. For those who aren't familiar, her Kushiel series is probably in the top 2 of my all time favs. Doesn't hurt that the heroine in the Kushiel's is an anguisette (pain bearer = masochist) and that Carey creates a very tangible world. Its not often I can get absolutely absorbed in a book, and I literally could not put the first six down.

I am also reading Angel Time by Anne Rice. If I am not mistaken, its her first novel since her husband's death and I'm not quite sure it has the same "voice" as all her previous works.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #116
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Lit by mary Karr. I love her. The Liar's Club is one of my all time favorite books.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #117
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2 books at the moment

Ayn Rand ~ Atlas Shrugged

&

Sara Barron ~ People are Unappealing: Even Me
(this book cracks me up!)
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #118
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R.Ward

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #119
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Currently reading Money to Burn by James Grippando.

Up next is Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell, a Scandinavian crime writer.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #120
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Women Food and God an awesome book! anyone with weight issues or addictions should read this book.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading