Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #1721
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

Lessons in French by Hilary Reyl
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #1722
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Reading

Dancing the Dream-Jamie Sams ( a book on 7 spiritual paths of Native Americans)
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #1723
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

The World Until Yesterday: What Can We Learn from Traditional Societies? by Jared Diamond.

I'm a big fan of Diamond's and I liked this book. It received a lot of negative reviews, and I think one of the issues is that his previous books, while non-fiction, focused on much more dramatic content.
They were entertaining and yet one didn't need an anthropology degree to understand them. The World Until Yesterday has more of a textbook vibe than Collapse and Guns, Germs, and Steel.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #1724
KCBUTCH

How Do You Identify?:
Undaunted QUEER Dom, Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
MYSELF, Syr, Hy, or friend prefered
Relationship Status:
Cautious, indifferent...

Thanked 3,305 Times in 884 Posts
KCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST Reputation

The Laws of Spirit by Dan Millman
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #1725
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I just finished Game of Thrones

and am really really jonesing for the next book: but I have a book club book (The Big Burn) plus the new Jen Lancaster and the new John Green that people are really bugging me to discuss with them

also a big stack of stuff for graduate seminar in British Enlightenment Literature

What I am looking for here is for someone to tell me

"Go ahead and plow through the entire Song of Ice and Fire series- book club can wait, Enlightenment Literature can wait, John Green can wait, and Jen Lancaster can wait"

Is there anyone out there available to do that for me?
You may read books about Fire and Ice after you've finished your homework, and not one minute sooner.

:missy:
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #1726
JinxieB

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian...soft butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
married

JinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST ReputationJinxieB Has the BEST Reputation

The Stand...by Stephen King...only about the 50th time I have read it but I swear, every time I pick it up, I read something that I don't remember being there the time before...kinda like when you have driven the same route on your way to work forever and something suddenly pops up and you wonder...well when the heck did they build that, or how long has that been there? and someone in the truck with you says...Ohhhh that has been there forever...well holy crackers...I never seen it before...hahahahaha makes me kinda feel dumb, but surely I'm not the only person this happens to, or maybe I am and just don't realize it
JinxieB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JinxieB For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #1727
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Fire by Midnight by Lisa Marie Wilkinson
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #1728
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently re-reading a favorite book:

The Color of Water:
A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother
(James McBride, 2006; Riverhead Books, New York)

From the New York Times Book Review:
"Complex and moving... suffused with issues of race, religion, and identity. Yet those issues, so much a part of their live and stories, are not central. The triumph of the book - and their lives - is that race and religion transcended in these interwoven stories by family love, the sheer force of a mother's will, and her unshakeable insistence that only two things mattered: school and church....
It's her voice - unique, incisive, at once unsparing and ironic - that is dominant in this paired history, and its richest contribution.... The two stories, son's and mother's, beautifully juxtaposed, strike a graceful note at a time of racial polarization," (The New York Times Book Review).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #1729
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

I happened upon Charlie Rose about two weeks ago and his guest was article and short story writer George Saunders.

His latest publication, In Persuasion Nation, is what I am currently reading.

So far the serious social commentary laced with natural humor has me cracking it open every evening.

I know it may sound pompous of me, yet it's not how I mean it, but few things hold my interest and very rarely, at that, fiction. So, I am quite pleased that I picked this one up.

~Bleu
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #1730
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Life-Memoir-Farming-Food/dp/1416551611"]The Dirty Life: A Memoir of Farming, Food, and Love[/ame]
by Kristin Kimball

It almost started out like a romance novel, but thank goodness it went beyond that and I'm currently learning more about farm implements and the milking process than I ever thought possible. So far it's quite inspirational; the tenacity of people united with a dream.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #1731
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_20?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=emotional+blackmail+by+susan+forward&spre fix=emotional+blackmail+%2Caps%2C213&rh=i%3Aaps%2C k%3Aemotional+blackmail+by+susan+forward"]Emotional Blackmail: When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You [/ame]
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #1732
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I am still reading Eat, Pray, Love. Its taking me a long time... I just can't seem to stay focused on getting through it, even though I am really enjoying it.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #1733
falloutmk

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ze, Zir, or She, her, ect if needed.
Relationship Status:
Single, Poly, and happy.

falloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputation

The Slow Fix by Ivan Coyote

Ivan Coyote is a great short story writer/storyteller who has inspired me beyond belief... which is funny because we are very different people. Ze likes country life, is a storyteller, and socializes with more close minded people than I could ever bear... Still zirs writing inspires me in the erotica and erotic poems I've been working on.
falloutmk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to falloutmk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #1734
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutmk View Post
The Slow Fix by Ivan Coyote

Ivan Coyote is a great short story writer/storyteller who has inspired me beyond belief... which is funny because we are very different people. Ze likes country life, is a storyteller, and socializes with more close minded people than I could ever bear... Still zirs writing inspires me in the erotica and erotic poems I've been working on.
Ivan is one of the best spoken performers I have ever heard, such a wonderful inviting presence.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #1735
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

After the Finish Line...(The Race to End Horse Slaughter in America)

by Bill Heller
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #1736
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

(3) Books going right now:

Team of Rivals: Doris Kearns Goodwin
The Whiskey Rebels: David Liss
Foucault's Pendulum: Umberto Eco

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #1737
Daktari

At Home, a Short History of Private Life - Bill Bryson
Shakespeare on Toast - Ben Crystal
Recovery's a Bitch - Jacqui Brown
Living Clean - the approval draft
The Etymologican - Mark Forsyth
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #1738
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Post On the go...

Madness and Civilization:
A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason

Michel Foucault

Other Kingdoms
Richard Matheson

The Wretched of the Earth
Frantz Fanon

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #1739
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I hope you'll write us some brief reviews if time permits. These all sound like interesting reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
At Home, a Short History of Private Life - Bill Bryson
Shakespeare on Toast - Ben Crystal
Recovery's a Bitch - Jacqui Brown
Living Clean - the approval draft
The Etymologican - Mark Forsyth

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #1740
MegBluEyz

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

MegBluEyz Has the BEST ReputationMegBluEyz Has the BEST ReputationMegBluEyz Has the BEST ReputationMegBluEyz Has the BEST ReputationMegBluEyz Has the BEST ReputationMegBluEyz Has the BEST ReputationMegBluEyz Has the BEST ReputationMegBluEyz Has the BEST ReputationMegBluEyz Has the BEST ReputationMegBluEyz Has the BEST ReputationMegBluEyz Has the BEST Reputation

This Time I Dance! By Tama J. Kieves.

It is about the passion inside in expressing it to the world in what one does as in purpose.
MegBluEyz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MegBluEyz For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading