Notices

Old 06-22-2016, 06:49 PM   #101
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

I've been watching Crossing Lines. I stumbled across it really...it's not bad.

"Capt. Louis Daniel assembles a squad of European law enforcement officers to help battle the explosion of international crime that accompanied the opening of borders by the European Union. Daniel calls on an old colleague, Carl Hickman -- a former NYPD detective who resigned when an injury on the job left him feeling betrayed -- to lead the team of five young cops who will travel to exotic locations in pursuit of vicious and elusive criminals. To survive in their dangerous field, the team members must get past their varied backgrounds and work as one."
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2016, 07:04 PM   #102
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I finally finished watching Revenge last night.

Awesome show. It was starting to dwindle in keeping my attention. The writing wasn't as good. I'm glad it went out while it was still decent.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:11 PM   #103
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Last Tango in Halifax. It's funny and touching in that British BBC way. I'm hoping it comes back for a 5th season.
MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v

They kill off one of the two lesbians as soon as they get married. It reminded me of the old days when, it might be okay to mention lesbians or gay men, but you can't let them have a happy ending. Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh! But it was still a good series.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #104
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Now that I've finished Revenge, I'm back to watching OITNB (I'm only on season 2) and I've begun Blacklist. James Spader could have a show where he just mows lawns in his boxers and I would be enthralled.

Great actor. Even greater voice.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #105
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I just saw that season 12 of Grey's Anatomy is now on Netflix! I spent the entire summer watching the first 11 seasons - now I'm addicted. I just couldn't bring myself to watch it every week, though. (Yay for binge watching!)

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2016, 07:01 PM   #106
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I just saw that season 12 of Grey's Anatomy is now on Netflix! I spent the entire summer watching the first 11 seasons - now I'm addicted. I just couldn't bring myself to watch it every week, though. (Yay for binge watching!)
I live/lived in Seattle and just could NEVER get into this show but glad others could and did!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2016, 07:05 PM   #107
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
MAJOR SPOILER
Every show seems to do this, and I don't know why.
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2016, 08:44 PM   #108
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I live/lived in Seattle and just could NEVER get into this show but glad others could and did!
The GF loves this show (Grey's). I do not and could never get into it either. During the season, she watched it and I went upstairs to read.

Actually, the only hospital-based show I ever could get into and watched every week was ER.

Loved that show.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner

Last edited by *Anya*; 06-24-2016 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Left the name out
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #109
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

I have just finished watching a documentary by PBS called The Civil War. I learned about the civil war in school and found it something of an interest to me over the years. I knew the numbers lost. I knew that it was this war that divided and ultimately united us. I understood that it was more than the abolishment of slavery.

However, this telling of the war, the narration of so many letters, poems, and with the pictures of that time. Leaves me with a new understanding...that leaves me nearly speechless.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #110
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I'm ashamed to say that I watched "Scouts and Zombies" on Netflix last night. I laughed my fool head off...bloody, sexist, dumb, predictable and I couldn't stop laughing ...there must be something wrong with me...or else maybe I found the perfect antidote to the sexist, predictable Presidential election.

I highly recommend it.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2016, 05:13 AM   #111
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,008 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Just started streaming season 1 of Line of Duty through Amazon Videos—it's a British TV police series's with Lennie James (only in season 1, I think). I like him a lot. Have only seen a couple episodes. Will be interesting to see how season 1 turns out.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2016, 01:23 PM   #112
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

LOL ok I'm not alone ... I was ridiculously excited to see this too. So therapeutic to watch him again, as super cheesy as he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyspinner70 View Post
Bob Ross is on Netflix now!!!!! Woot! I love that man! So thrilled by that...lmfao...

https://t.co/PCBk9M9LUO

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2016, 03:45 PM   #113
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I've been catching up on Grace & Frankie. So funny.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:08 PM   #114
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Default Queer As Folk - spoiler alert in 3rd paragraph

I've been re-watching Queer As Folk. I noticed some time ago it was on Netflix. Well, let me tell you, the soundtrack has been changed. I did some Googling, and it seems the QAF people were unable to get all the copyrights extended to Netflix. It was particularly disappointing, as I found the original soundtrack so excellent! and every song was so carefully selected to fit each scene. Also, a lot of that music is the music of my crazy youth, so it transported me back to a time (if not exact experience) that I have very fond memories of. So anyway, if you have the opportunity to go back to DVDs to re-watch it, I highly recommend it.

I have deliberately avoided watching this show for several years, because I loved it so much. I watched it many, many times when it was first available. It seems amazing that it has only been 15 years, and things have changed so much socially and politically since then. Or maybe that's just my perception, but - it feels different. Maybe the difference is really just my age.

So it has been a long time since I've seen it, and I've noticed that watching it is a different experience now. (Spoiler Alert!) For instance, . . .
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
. . . when Justin and Ethan first get together and Brian doesn't know about their relationship: the first time I saw it, I thought, "No! NO NO NO!" and thought Ethan was an evil character. I was definitely on Team "Brian and Justin 4-ever!". But when I saw it this time, I realized the Ethan relationship was actually a good thing (whatever happens later). Justin is only 18, and he has grown tired of many things about his relationship with Brian. He doesn't have the life experience to deal with an 'adult' relationship successfully. Justin _needed_ a different relationship. Even better, Ethan was nearly Justin's own age, and in similar school and financial situations. Justin benefited by not only leaving Brian, but also by not just going out and finding somebody else similar to Brian (which an awful lot of my gay friends have done in the past).

Anyway, even though I have seen QAF many times, here I go again! I find myself rambling on excitedly about the plot like I did 15 years ago. Some things never change. Thank goodness.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2016, 05:42 PM   #115
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I'm gonna watch an episode or two of Black Market with Michael K. Williams.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2016, 06:08 PM   #116
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Some actors are just that ACTORS! I mean Dustin Hoffman as an autistic in Rain Man...never bought it!!

However Michael K Williams is something much more, so much so, it's hard to even put into words! Right now he's also appearing in The Night Of on HBO and before that was on Boardwalk Empire, etc etc! Whatever role he takes on, he totally has me convinced he's that person, good or bad.

OH and I'm going to try to watch Big Stone Gap! For some reason, I just couldnt get into the book!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 11:14 AM   #117
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default On recommendation from my Grandmother...

I've been watching a good BBC miniseries on Netflix called, 'North and South'...it's a period piece (which I always love).
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 09:23 PM   #118
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Just starting True Detective, Season 2 with Colin Farrell and Woody Harrelson
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 09:31 PM   #119
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Criminal Minds and Shanarra.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:37 PM   #120
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I'm on season 3 of Orphan Black on Amazon prime video. I likey.

Also watching the wire but it's slow going.

Lately I don't seem to have the attention span for shows. I mostly watch at the gym on the elliptical.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post: