Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-09-2019, 11:46 PM   #4761
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Today, Monday 12/9, was 8000 steps, mainly from work. Oh, Monday!
That's awesome, nycfem!

I found a fitbit at WM but it's out of my price range - for right now. I have two annual bills that come due the last of January, so after that? I will see if I can budget for the least expensive one I saw at WM.

Today I was on desk duty, so I didn't get too many steps in. I counted my steps by heart and as of five minutes after I got home, I only had about 720 steps.

Also, my s-i-l came up with a really good idea for me, on how to get some swim therapy time in, on the weekends. I signed up for a weekend pass, with a senior discount, and I can use the pool and hot-tub-spa-jet pool in the afternoons on Saturday's.

Tomorrow is Tuesday, so I hope to see more steps tomorrow.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #4762
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I ordered the pedometer Gemme suggested, and it's supposed to be delivered today. (Great deal compared to the fitbit!) So we'll see what happens!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #4763
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

3300 steps so far and I'll more than double that by day's end. I ran a couple errands this morning and will do chores later.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 11:19 AM   #4764
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I ordered the pedometer Gemme suggested, and it's supposed to be delivered today. (Great deal compared to the fitbit!) So we'll see what happens!
I hope it works for you! The company is very interactive and will send you an email with additional details and whatnot. I found walking through the set up video online worked best for me to calibrate it, but it only took about 5 minutes to get it all set up. I took longer to figure out my step calibration but that wasn't bad either. I used a tape measure and the cats didn't like the sound of it retracting. They looked at me like I was injuring them somehow.

Drama queens.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:50 PM   #4765
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today was 7K steps. Best part of the day, checking in here with you all. <3

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #4766
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, I think I have a plan that works now. At home, where I don't use my rollator, I wear my fitbit. When I leave for work, I take the pedometer in my pocket. This is better anyway because I'd rather have something in my pocket at work than wear something on my wrist. Then I switch back to the fitbit at home.

(Using the pedometer at home is not necessarily possible because I don't always have pockets at home. I'll leave it to you to figure out why.)

I wonder if there's a way to update the steps on my fitbit so it will include all my steps? Part of the deal with my work subsidizing the cost of the fitbit was that I'm supposed to connect it to some database of all the university employees that are participating. (I know, Big Brother is watching.)

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #4767
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Okay, I think I have a plan that works now. At home, where I don't use my rollator, I wear my fitbit. When I leave for work, I take the pedometer in my pocket. This is better anyway because I'd rather have something in my pocket at work than wear something on my wrist. Then I switch back to the fitbit at home.

(Using the pedometer at home is not necessarily possible because I don't always have pockets at home. I'll leave it to you to figure out why.)

I wonder if there's a way to update the steps on my fitbit so it will include all my steps? Part of the deal with my work subsidizing the cost of the fitbit was that I'm supposed to connect it to some database of all the university employees that are participating. (I know, Big Brother is watching.)
That sounds like a plan. If the Fitbit still doesn't quite do it for you, the pedometer can be put on a lanyard around your neck too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #4768
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Exercise

Quote:

um... Thanks for the laugh! (cough... you ain't the only one!) lol

Seriously, though, I commend all who make an effort to move around and get exercise by whatever means they are physically able to.

For my own part, I went and paid my cable bill (Shaw) at their office on Monday. I could just as easily pay the bill at my bank, just around the corner, or even have them withdraw the amount automatically through my bank, monthly. However, going out and paying it directly, I have to walk and walk, take two buses, and walk some more, and then come home, all of which gives me an outing, and some walking exercise.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #4769
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I had 870 steps today. I was surprised there weren't more at work - about half of those were work-related. I mean, it seems like an awfully long walk from the parking deck to my desk.

So I'm going to set a goal of 1000 steps a day for now. We'll see what happens.

- Prince
Old 12-11-2019, 11:05 PM   #4770
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I've spent a lot of my time flat on my butt watching Lifetime movies today so my steps are exactly at 3000.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #4771
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

823 steps, today.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2019, 06:22 PM   #4772
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

855 steps today, and to get that, I had to do an extra 100. I had to do them 50 at a time because I started breathing harder and my heart rate was up to 90/91. My resting heart rate seems to be around 79/80. I have no idea what my heart rate should be during exercise, perhaps I'll Google that tomorrow.

- Prince
Old 12-12-2019, 11:18 PM   #4773
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I was doing just fine today, with my steps, until a smug GOP Jacka$$ made a remark to me in passing, which spiked my PTSD and I sure do wish I could have had a nice pair of boots on to do what Nancy Sintra sang about (I'm gonna take this pair of boots and walk all over you).

Luckily, I regained my composure and just kept walking my steps.

Today's total: 991 (Cha-Ching).

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2019, 08:38 PM   #4774
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Doing some catching up:

On 12/11 I had 5000 steps
On 12/12, I had 8,500 steps
On 12/13, I had 5000 steps

I likely had more, but I haven't been wearing my fitbit so I've been going by my phone which I don't always have on me! Frustrating! Time to be more diligent about the fitbit!

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #4775
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I was a bit under 10,000 steps yesterday. 9,830 to be exact. I worked hard at work and ran errands afterwards so they just racked up. Today's a bit slower paced. I'm off work and slept late so I am only at 807 steps so far but I do have some chores to do so who knows what will happen.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #4776
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I have been feeling down lately and it has affected my exercise routine and my healthy eating. I need to pull it together and get back on track.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #4777
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,130 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

5k row this morning.

I dug out my snowshoes and am going to clean them up tonight. That way when it's too sloppy snowy outside to ride my bike I can get on the snowshoes.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #4778
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
I have been feeling down lately and it has affected my exercise routine and my healthy eating. I need to pull it together and get back on track.
It's never a straight path uphill. Keep with it, W. You got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
5k row this morning.

I dug out my snowshoes and am going to clean them up tonight. That way when it's too sloppy snowy outside to ride my bike I can get on the snowshoes.
Ohhhh, that's a kick butt workout! Good for you.

I got a few more steps in but not what I wanted. I kind of faltered in my chores but I'm around 2700 steps now. Better than nothing.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 09:16 PM   #4779
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Made it to 7000 today! Didn't think I'd get that far. It always uplifts me to start the day with a few steps and end up with so many.

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 10:36 PM   #4780
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Default Monday night, catch up

So Saturday, I kept track of steps I took while shopping and while walking from various areas of interest. Saturday's step count turned out to be 1622.

I also spent about two hours at the community center swimming pool, during free swim. I did a lot of walking in the pool, lap style; plus I did 'jogging' type steps in place. That part of the count turned out to be 559 extra steps.

So the grand total for Saturday was 2181 steps.

Sunday I spent the day mostly resting in bed, after Saturday's work out.

Today at work, I counted 1367 steps. Today was a mild day at work, step wise. My busiest days at work are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I will keep track of steps the next three days and report about my step count by Friday night.

That's such a great idea, easygoingfemme, getting your snow shoes out. I am guessing that it's not just the steps you would take using snow shoes since your glutes and other muscles will get a major workout, right?

Gemme's right, Wrangler. I remember a meme, years ago, which pictured a doodling line, going everywhere but straight. Sometimes it's the 'doodling' that helps us to define our goals and commitments with a deeper understanding about what we can or cannot do. Keep with it (citing Gemme)!

I'm with nycfem: I feel uplifted when I see the type of results I log with my step counts.

Does anyone keep track of hydration, during the day or when you're working out? I do. I try to drink a quart of water every two hours, when I am at work. When I go on a Step Excursion, I purposely drink half a quart before and after. Sometimes it's more. I aim to hydrate as often as possible, and when I do, I notice I don't tire so easily. I met my hydration goal of 1.5 gallons of water today. During summer I boost my water hydration to nearly two gallons, daily. That's a tougher goal to accomplish, so I am paying closer attention, come this summer.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights