Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #3581
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw an infomercial for '3 Week Yoga' hosted by Leeza Gibbons and produced by Beachbody while we were doing laundry this morning. Has anyone used this program? Did you like it? Was it worth it...financially...in results?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #3582
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I was not in the mood to go to the gym today but I went anyway, and I think it went pretty well. I did my usual: 30 minutes on the stairmaster, then 30 minutes of floor exercises and weightlifting and stretching.

No Judith sighting.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #3583
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I was sooo not in the mood for the gym after work but I went, and it ended up being a good workout. I did the stairmaster for 45 minutes and then stretched and did ab exercises for 15.

On the stairmaster I watched Intersexion- about Intersex individuals, and it was a highly informative and engaging documentary. I watched it on Amazon Prime.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #3584
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,987 Times in 9,938 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Today I worked on exercises from the bicycle and arm machine, and spent nearly one minute, shadowed by two therapists, on the elliptical machine.

I've not done a whole lot of walking today, but managed to do simple small trips going up and down three flights of stairs.

I also accomplished a few hard to do stretches, aided by three staff therapists.

After compression massage, I am basically a big bowl of jello....but each time I go to physical therapy, I tolerate increased models of therapy, so I'm making progress, even if it's in small increments.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #3585
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym this evening. And who else was there at 7:30 pm? Judith.

I did 35 minutes on the stairmaster and 25 minutes of weight lifting. I watched a short doc on Amazon called "Paul wears dresses." It was good. Now I'm watching this doc about a couple married 45 years called Phyllis and Harold on Amazon Prime, and it's barely holding my interest but I'm trying to stick it out.

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #3586
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Caught a great online sale on a more robust chainsaw ... stronger and longer than what I have ... seriously, normally $179.99 marked down to $99.00 ... no one could pass this up!

Anyway, paid for it online, then went and picked it up.

My exercise experience today? Cutting down pine trees, dragging to front via tow strap using my truck's 4 wheel drive, cutting into smaller sections way down near the road ... haul away later.

I am tired of hauling pine straw, pine cones, wet mulchy pine stuff and tired of seeing those slithering things that hide in it. There are plenty non-pine trees on my property.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2017, 11:58 AM   #3587
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I’ll be getting plenty of exercise running around work short staffed for 16 hrs today and 16 hrs tomorrow! I’m going to try my best to get back to walking next week. Even if only for 15 minutes a day. I have a Pilates bar with rubber tubing on it so I might just do some calisthenics type exercises as well. I have to do something because my weight is affecting my joints bad.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:13 AM   #3588
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Over the past three days, I've have several errands I had to do on my own. What it means is that I have to catch a train or bus on my own, to get my personal errands accomplished, outside my medical appointments. What I'd like to do is get my phone set up to measure my walking distances or maybe get a fitbit wrist band? Just so I can track how many steps I'm getting in, on these personal errands.

I'm guessing I walked about three to four hours each day. It takes an lot of energy to walk, so anytime I have to go places on my own, I count it toward my goal of walking, even though it's not like anyone else might walk. But it counts, in good ways, toward my personal mobility recovery.

Maybe later on after a few months of my physical therapy I will be able to resume pool therapy again.

But for now, it's one step at a time.

My reward for all the extra walking I did over the past three days is to rest for the next two days, so I'm looking forward to two gentle take care of me days.

_____ ______
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2017, 08:45 PM   #3589
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 50 minutes on the stairmaster, intervals level 1-5 and then 10 minutes stretching. I went back to watching Phyllis and Harold, the documentary on Amazon Prime about a marriage, and whaddayaknow, it suddenly picked up speed and got interesting! Glad I watched it!

How do I... ?
Old 11-28-2017, 10:49 PM   #3590
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

On Monday -my goodness it feels so far away!- I walked for 15 minutes in the school building I work in during my lunch time. Go nycfem!

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2017, 11:51 PM   #3591
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Yay, nycfem! All the steps we take, helps, I think!

Today my favorite taxi driver showed up by surprise to take me to PT (physical therapy). It was a 'lather, rinse, repeat' of guided therapy sessions.

I plan to get out tomorrow for short brief periods of walking.

GayandGray, how are you doing???
Gemme, how about you?
Any other people managing to get a bit of extra exercise worked in during the days ahead?

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2017, 05:27 AM   #3592
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, I spent about 3 hours in my storage unit, organizing and restacking totes and breaking down and recycling boxes. It's much better now and I had an extended period of moving with intention so it's a win-win for sure.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #3593
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default millas

Hi Ladies and Butches,

Well, it's my first time posting on this thread...and truth be told I am/was
feeling a bit...yes, not easy for an introvert.

Ok, here goes...today I began training on an indoor track, not my favorite
but necessary for now...no snakes, or bushes that bite...smiling.

I have been jogging/running 4 mi, but today my body went for
my old familiar 7 mi...and yes it felt great...seems my ankle injury is healed.

Ok, that's it. Thanks for the "encourager" she knows who she is.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #3594
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 4

Four mi slow walk today through the biting bushes...it feels so great to move outside...Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #3595
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Last Monday I walked for half an hour during lunch inside the big 5-high schools campus that I work inside. It's a great place to walk- maybe not peaceful, but certainly spacious.

Yesterday I walked from 97th St. to 34th St. That was 13,000 steps. I counted that as 1 hr and 45 minutes but it was longer, with stopping to look around and take photos and all that. The reason I walked there was because I had bought a jacket where they had not taken off the tag with the alarm inside. So it was a walk with a purpose, a destination walk, something I enjoy.

Today I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster. It felt really good. The gym was closing at 2 because it is Christmas. Judith was asleep in the locker room on a bench. I told the worker in the locker room, "Please don't forget to wake Judith before you lock up," and she nodded in agreement.

How do I... ?
Old 12-26-2017, 08:39 PM   #3596
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

When I arrived today at the gym locker room, Judith was sitting inside having brunch. When I left, she was chatting with another gym member. It's quite curious how much time she spends at the gym just in the locker room.

Today I went to my usual row of stairmasters and they'd been replaced with matrix "stair masters". I was intimidated but I went for it anyway. I had such a hard time. I couldn't get it to pause, couldn't figure out how to turn off the t.v. on it, couldn't figure out how to speed it up. I ended up getting off, going in a corner by the window, and shedding a few tears. I felt like I wished I was the type that could just quickly figure out machines but I'm really not. Also, I missed my old stairmaster. I went back and got back on again and eked out 15 minutes before I just decided to move on. I still did not have it figured out, and it didn't feel right.

Then I found two old stairmasters somewhere else and used one for 30 minutes. Probably it is only a short time before they get rid of all the old stairmasters. Technology marches on. I don't take to new technology easily. I still read paper books.

How do I... ?
Old 12-26-2017, 09:15 PM   #3597
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default back to nycfem

So sorry you had such a foul time at the gym!
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #3598
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I did not do anything physical today. I was back at work and happy to be there. I could barely move.

I almost worked myself silly from Friday through last night felling pine trees, dragging them down to the road with a towrope hooked to the truck. Had a little incident that freaked my calm but it turned out okay.

I sat on my left butt cheek all day long at work. I stepped in a hole, fell backwards yesterday ... was able to push the chainsaw away from me and hit the stop button. But had a tree felling wedge in my right back pocket. Right cheek received a good brusing! Bumped my head on a tree too but not much to that. I just lay there and laughed out loud.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2017, 08:58 AM   #3599
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
When I arrived today at the gym locker room, Judith was sitting inside having brunch. When I left, she was chatting with another gym member. It's quite curious how much time she spends at the gym just in the locker room.

Today I went to my usual row of stairmasters and they'd been replaced with matrix "stair masters". I was intimidated but I went for it anyway. I had such a hard time. I couldn't get it to pause, couldn't figure out how to turn off the t.v. on it, couldn't figure out how to speed it up. I ended up getting off, going in a corner by the window, and shedding a few tears. I felt like I wished I was the type that could just quickly figure out machines but I'm really not. Also, I missed my old stairmaster. I went back and got back on again and eked out 15 minutes before I just decided to move on. I still did not have it figured out, and it didn't feel right.

Then I found two old stairmasters somewhere else and used one for 30 minutes. Probably it is only a short time before they get rid of all the old stairmasters. Technology marches on. I don't take to new technology easily. I still read paper books.
I'm with you on this. Every time they do away with an old piece of equipment, it feels like I have to learn to ride the bicycle again with all the new gadgets and knobs and whatnot. Why can't they just leave some things alone?

2017's coming to an end so it's back to the gym I go. DC will likely get a membership too. We're both going to work on getting back to Our pre-coupled bodies and maybe a little more off the top. In terms of resolutions, which I will post in the appropriate thread, I'm going to do a 44 by 44 plan.

There are 151 days from January 1st to my birthday. That is 21.5 weeks or a teensy bit more than 2 pounds a week. It's feasible. I just have to get up off of my duff to do so.

But not today.

<--lazy bones

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #3600
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,485 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm with you on this. Every time they do away with an old piece of equipment, it feels like I have to learn to ride the bicycle again with all the new gadgets and knobs and whatnot. Why can't they just leave some things alone?

2017's coming to an end so it's back to the gym I go. DC will likely get a membership too. We're both going to work on getting back to Our pre-coupled bodies and maybe a little more off the top. In terms of resolutions, which I will post in the appropriate thread, I'm going to do a 44 by 44 plan.

There are 151 days from January 1st to my birthday. That is 21.5 weeks or a teensy bit more than 2 pounds a week. It's feasible. I just have to get up off of my duff to do so.

But not today.

<--lazy bones
Yes I will be joining a gym and getting bavk to My boxing weight... I'm super ready to not be unhealthy... eating a lot better starting this weekend and my shakes will be awesome. And supporting My babygrl goals as well...
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights