RiverRunner
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine types (BDSM)
Relationship Status:
Forever Hopeful

RiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST Reputation
Default Halloween is almost upon Us ...

Hi Everyone !!

I wanted to start a thread on one of My favorite Holidays - Halloween !!

So first what costumes does everyone have in the works? Also, when you pick a costume does it have any special meaning to you?

Plans to go out or stay at home and party?

Plans to just dress up and stay at home and pass out candy?

Watch any special movies?

Do you visit any significant places on or around Halloween?

Looking forward to the replies, thank you !!!
RiverRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RiverRunner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

it's my favorite holiday, too! I am putting up decorations this weekend and hope to head to a few adult Halloween parties at the end of the month. no idea of costume yet.

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

GAH!! Halloweeny already? Someone needs to slow this year down a bit!

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I definitely wanna get into this conversation!

I absolutely love Halloween and I know that I'll be the one staying home and handing out candy (with a friend if she's not working) but the only problem is ~ I have NO idea what I'm gonna be! I don't wanna wear anything inappropriate in front of kids but I wanna wear something fun, or just be really freakin cool!!!!! Either way, I'm not sure what to be ~ however, what I do know is I'm gonna be decorating the entire yard and will definitely take pics

So .............. anyone have any costume ideas?????

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say I dont partake in Halloween or I havent for yrs and I mean like 30+ but since meeting the most beautiful woman in the world and knowing how much she loves the holiday also I have had to come to terms with Y I havent partaken in Halloween in so long. I dont think Im right or wrong or that she is either. I can see where not everyone uses the holiday as evil and knowing that I wont be doing that and neither will she.

I am hoping that I can find the excitement that she has for this time of the year, it may take a year or 2 but Im willing to do what I can to make her happy and to see that smile.

I told her I wanted to go as a lost salt shaker or a black eye P they are easy to do. She told me I couldnt do the mamogram machine
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Halloween is a fabulous holiday. Since having The General it has changed from big adult parties to kids venue time. Still wonderful. I do struggle with "the little sugar addict" side of The General. And yes I am serious, she has issues. Breaks out and starts wigging out...

I digress...

This year I am thinking Dorthy. Sensible enough to wear to school. Totally sexifiable for some fun role play later. I have red shoes I love too. So I will be super sparkly.

Daddi could decide to be another Wizard of Oz character but I try not to hint too much. Oh wait... I think I just did.

The General will be a Monster High character.

We will go trick or treating and see a parade. Carving pumpkins will happen too. Which I just love to do. The part of NH we live in is odd in that you don't go out to a pumpkin patch and get a pumpkin. The farm folks remove them from the vine, clean them off and put them in an empty field for you to select. The General thinks this is just rude. I think it is redundant.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
RiverRunner
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine types (BDSM)
Relationship Status:
Forever Hopeful

RiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST ReputationRiverRunner Has the BEST Reputation

spritz??

you would not happen to have a shot of those shoes now would you?? I mean for the purposes of having a full idea in our minds of what the outfit would look like and that it is kid friendly and stoney friendly

squints,
Tucker
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RiverRunner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Teddys right! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween!!! I have already started decorating and we went to get pumpkins last week...We are also planning on going to Salem for Halloween day I'd like to remind a certain un-named someone that Halloween started out as a celebration of the dead. It proceeds All Saint's Day which is Nov 1st. Halloween was originally all hallow's eve. A hallowed day. It was a day to remember the dead and give them blessings. And I'm sure remember them in your prayers to the saints the following day. It does have pagan roots but the pagans are peaceful earth loving people as anyone who has any knowledge of Wicca knows... In closing I'd like to present exhibit B...which is the fact that our local CATHOLIC church gives out candy for Halloween....nough said....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRunner View Post
spritz??

you would not happen to have a shot of those shoes now would you?? I mean for the purposes of having a full idea in our minds of what the outfit would look like and that it is kid friendly and stoney friendly

squints,
Tucker
Okay for the record...

You are too funny Tucker!

The shoes are red patent leather. No heel. And well they aren't super sexy but they are fun. Not that Stoney needs the shoes to have a heel to be considered sexy.

I think the outfit can be easy altered by changing the length of the blue gingham dress and the tightness of the white blouse under it. And white lacy socks? come on... can't miss the innuendo there.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
Teddys right! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween!!! I have already started decorating and we went to get pumpkins last week...We are also planning on going to Salem for Halloween day I'd like to remind a certain un-named someone that Halloween started out as a celebration of the dead. It proceeds All Saint's Day which is Nov 1st. Halloween was originally all hallow's eve. A hallowed day. It was a day to remember the dead and give them blessings. And I'm sure remember them in your prayers to the saints the following day. It does have pagan roots but the pagans are peaceful earth loving people as anyone who has any knowledge of Wicca knows... In closing I'd like to present exhibit B...which is the fact that our local CATHOLIC church gives out candy for Halloween....nough said....
hey I did say I was coming to terms with it. I do know the origins of it but I also know that SOME ppl use this time to hmmm shall we say do unspeakable evil however baby I do know most ppl dont view it like that
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Okay so tell me does Salem, MA have super spooky stuff going on for Halloween? Cause I think it would be a blast to drive that way for some fun.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Okay so tell me does Salem, MA have super spooky stuff going on for Halloween? Cause I think it would be a blast to drive that way for some fun.
i hear they d0
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
RiverRunner
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine types (BDSM)
Relationship Status:
Forever Hopeful

Quote:
Okay for the record...

You are too funny Tucker!

The shoes are red patent leather. No heel. And well they aren't super sexy but they are fun. Not that Stoney needs the shoes to have a heel to be considered sexy.

I think the outfit can be easy altered by changing the length of the blue gingham dress and the tightness of the white blouse under it. And white lacy socks? come on... can't miss the innuendo there.

grinning so damn big !!! I have a very very good visual now of the shoes spritz. Oh and the innuendo did not get by Me in the least, yes def the white lacey socks.

I am glad I made you laugh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RiverRunner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
RiverRunner
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine types (BDSM)
Relationship Status:
Forever Hopeful

Quote:
THIS is what I am talking about. It is not just about the Holiday, but also the History as cinn started telling us about. I normally do not even say Halloween, I have always said All Hallows Eve.

I think a trip to Salem would be totally cool, or some other place with spooky history. Especially going there on the actual Holiday and in outfits (costumes).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RiverRunner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #15
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I know sometimes my city does things for Halloween like a walk around a cemetary or stuff like that ~ i may have to look into that

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

A hearty thank you to all who are home on Halloween for passing out candy. We really appreciate it!

Leigh I wonder if you could be a zombie bride.... Marilyn Monroe was my back up choice.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #17
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ
A hearty thank you to all who are home on Halloween for passing out candy. We really appreciate it!

Leigh I wonder if you could be a zombie bride.... Marilyn Monroe was my back up choice.
Oooooooh good idea spritzer, I should look into that

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #18
RiverRunner
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine types (BDSM)
Relationship Status:
Forever Hopeful

Quote:

Oh yessss a zombie bride - perfect choice would be The Corpse Bride ... or Annie (with Jack Skellington as your date) from Nightmare Before Christmas !!!

Good idea spritz !!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRunner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #19
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Spritzer, Salem at Halloween is AMAZING! They close down streets so you can walk around like a block party and many people dress up...There are museums and tours galore. Last year I took a cemetary tour that gave sooo much history information. There are also trolley tours and candlelight ghost tours. Nathanial Hawthorne's inspiration for The House of Seven Gables is there and can be toured...and one of my fave things to do there....is the soap/scent shop on central street. They have many scents of glycerin soap that you cant find anywhere else In short, there is SO much to do there...you honestly could stay a couple days! Not to mention....there are cute towns all around that are worth meandering for. Ipswich has a lovely winery if you enjoy wine (as I do!) Feel free to IM me if you want any more info!
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #20
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

SO many good ideas ~ or even like a vampire bride

The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post: