Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Old 12-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rambling thoughts from a single butch...

Being relatively new to this site - I wasn't sure what "forum" to post my thoughts to...but being singe...I thought this might do...(if anyone who reads thinks it would fit better in another place - please advise...I won't be offended)...

After reading several posts and threads and feeling a bit of need to connect myself - I thought I would put some words down... thanks!

As I sit here tonight…I read many posts on here…some content and happy with who they are…and in their relationships…some, so obviously lonely and searching for that “something” … I find myself rather “in between” … I know that a “relationship” doesn’t define me or make me happy … it can only “enhance” my happiness … but, still… I believe in love…I believe in the possibility… so …on this fading winter evening as I sit by the fire with a glass of cognac in one hand, and an old worn and tattered copy of Thoreau's Walden in the other. . .soft music plays in the background.

I take off my glasses and rub my eyes and think. . .

Why have I just spent the Christmas holiday alone...

I have turned off the TV and music and listen to the crackle of fire and the rhythm of my sleeping dog, completely relaxed on his warm, soft bedding beside me.

I sink a little deeper into my old leather desk chair and take pen in hand and actually "pen this post", before I type it out.

There is still even in this digital age, something about actually "writing" out a note, that might somehow find its way to someone's heart. Romantic. Ah, yes, that I am.

I listened to the song earlier: My Grown up Christmas List. (as it is still officially the holiday season I suppose and Christmas music still plays on the radio). I like that song, I like music. . .all kinds, but admittedly, yes, mostly country.

So, I thought about what my "Christmas List" might be, and so, here goes:

A woman who is genuine and sincere, that appreciates the serious side of life and yet, not so serious, that they can't and/or won't just bust out with laughter, when something is funny-a woman who can find humor and smile, even through the seriousness.

A woman who can appreciate me for exactly "who" I am, and not want to change me, at least not basically. Encourage me to eat more green beans, but knows that I am a meat and potato sort of person, and at my age, that isn't going to change much.

A woman who wants me to "want" her, not just in the beginning when love is all new and fresh, but after 6 weeks or 6 months, 6 years, or however many years we might have together.

A woman who knows and appreciates that I am sometimes quiet and shy, but will speak my opinion when needed and or asked, but never in a negative way. Certainly differing opinions will arise, but that doesn't mean it always has to be one or the other.

A woman who is nice and kind, with just a touch of "naughty" in all the right ways.

A woman who still blushes at the touch of my hand on hers, or when it curls around hers while we sit in the back at the movies.

A woman who can appreciate and know that my dogs are my family, not just pets I keep out in the backyard in a cage.

A woman who appreciates the unique work that I do, that it is often very long hours, and stressful, (sometimes dangerous), but that I am always mindful of not letting in get in the way of paying attention to her.

A woman who appreciates that I am a romantic, that I enjoy holding open the door, a gentle peck on the cheek, washing her car, carrying in the groceries. It is not to take away "independence", but hopefully understands and likes that I am just a little bit old school.

A woman who likes to put on a little black dress and go rock the night away, but is just as comfortable in her faded blue jeans and my old t-shirt, curled up on the couch, watching. . ."whatever".

A woman who takes care of herself and appreciates that I love that she takes her time and will always wait patiently for her.

A woman who appreciates that I love to surprise her for no particular reason, and won't scold me for being "frivolous" when I send flowers...I am very responsible, but love to spoil the woman I love when and if that is possible.

A woman who appreciates that I love to make it about her, but understands, that every once in awhile, it would be great if it was about "me", just every once in awhile.

A woman who knows that I care about and will always be concerned about her, and understand that "concern" doesn't mean I want to keep track of her every move, just that when you love. . .you are concerned.

A woman who loves nature, and art and books and philosophy and animals and old people, and children and butterflies and. . .and. . .and. . .

A woman who wants to be cared for deeply and passionately and showed how much I care. . ..

A woman who wants me to want her, in every way. . .and appreciates the fact that she always takes my breath away. . .

A woman who understands that life can be difficult, relationships can be difficult, but that communication is essential…that my heart has been a bit broken and battered, but that just makes me ever more mindful that hearts are fragile and great care should be taken….

A woman who wants to be loved from the inside- out and grow into a relationship…

A woman who understands that I am a butch and actually loves and appreciates that about me and wants that. . .

A woman who loves that she can make me blush.

I'm sure that if I thought longer, my list would go on … but I've perhaps taken up enough of your time, and given you at least some insight as to my thoughts on this wintery evening...

I want to sit on the couch next to a woman and have her say to me - as the new country song says. . .what would you be doing if you hadn't met me..

If you want to know more…well, that’s easy enough…just hit respond…I’m just right here…

I realize this is not a “dating” site (per se) – those get old and are full of people who seem to be only looking for the quick thrill (or so has been my experience)… and seem so ingenious…this is rather more a sharing of as they used to do in the days of old - of tying a piece of twine around a note and throwing out among the tumble weeds – hoping someone would read…

So, as my evening has turned to morning…I tie up my note and throw it out into the “tumbleweeds” of this wonderful forum - maybe some wonderful femme will read them...or indeed a fellow butch - who would like to write or respond as well - because they like to connect with like minded travelers (so to speak).

Have a beautiful day friends…

justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Wow. All I can say is wow. and thank you for your ramblings.
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default my wish list

I will write more later, but what you have said here, is exactly what most of us femmes search for. Just change out the femme to butch, the her to he, and that is what I want, anyways. Beautifully written, and I can tell it is from the heart.

humbly,
Candice
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fever View Post
I will write more later, but what you have said here, is exactly what most of us femmes search for. Just change out the femme to butch, the her to he, and that is what I want, anyways. Beautifully written, and I can tell it is from the heart.

humbly,
Candice
yeah. what she said.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl View Post
Wow. All I can say is wow. and thank you for your ramblings.

___YOU are very welcome - and I send the thanks right back. Have a beautiful day.

The Following User Says Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Quote:

humbly,
Candice
I will patiently wait for "more later" ... ...Thank you for your kind response - and yes, it is from my heart...

The Following User Says Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

What's your sign??
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #8
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, NIGHTrambler--I am wildly anticipating your next post!
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #9
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
What's your sign??
______I am an aquarian.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
Thank you, NIGHTrambler--I am wildly anticipating your next post!

_____Wow... "wild anticipation" ... such a compliment (and I blush) ... Have a beautiful day...

Old 12-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #11
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

humbly,
Candice
...just know that for some of us butches...no wait...I'll speak for myself only, the little black dress part is a no go **chuckles**

Agree though...and it is not surprising to see at our soft-hearted, romantic friend here is an Aquarian...our sign rocks!!

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadyke View Post
...just know that for some of us butches...no wait...I'll speak for myself only, the little black dress part is a no go **chuckles**

Agree though...and it is not surprising to see at our soft-hearted, romantic friend here is an Aquarian...our sign rocks!!
So if the little black dress is a "no go", then what would be the preference?
The Following User Says Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
How about a nicely pressed, sexy black shirt?

~~Bob Richardson~~
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #14
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Smile

Quote:
____I know this question was for scubadyke - but I agree with them ... a nicely pressed (sexy) black shirt... I've got one of those ... in case anyone is interested....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #15
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Quote:
____Yep - that's the way to go!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #16
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Letterstodaddy have you met Nightrambler?

NightRambler have you met Letterstodaddy?

*Cheesey Grin*
Old 12-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #17
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
Letterstodaddy have you met Nightrambler?

NightRambler have you met Letterstodaddy?

*Cheesey Grin*
_______No, I have not yet had the pleasure to meet letterstodaddy...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
what you have said here, is exactly what most of us femmes search for. Just change out the femme to butch, the her to he, and that is what I want, anyways. Beautifully written, and I can tell it is from the heart.

humbly,
Candice
You've said it beautifully!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #19
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Hmmm, I can do that one.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #20
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTrambler View Post
____I know this question was for scubadyke - but I agree with them ... a nicely pressed (sexy) black shirt... I've got one of those ... in case anyone is interested....
Ok...so let's just lay it out then...

A Great Catch = An Aquarian romantic at heart in a sexy black shirt who goes by NighTrambler

...just my humble opinion Ladies...but wouldn't let this one slip by

~~Bob Richardson~~
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:

Tags
friendship, love, relationship, romance, single