Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-15-2015, 12:22 AM   #321
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

If you like peaches and Chipotle you're going to love this bbq sauce!

Maple Peach Barbecue Sauce
Paleo friendly, Vegan and Gluten­free. This no tomato, barbecue sauce and it is sweet and spicy and tangy. Brush it over chicken in the last few minutes of grilling.

Ingredients
2 teaspoons avocado oil or organic canola oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
¼ teaspoon cumin
Generous pinch allspice
2 peaches, peeled and diced
¼ cup dark pure maple syrup
4 teaspoons cider vinegar

Instructions
1. Swirl oil in the bottom of a large saucepan. Add onion, cover and place over medium heat.
Cook, removing lid and stirring occasionally until the onion is softened and starting to brown, 12
to 15 minutes. Sprinkle salt, chipotle, cumin, and allspice and cook stirring until the spices are
fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add peaches, maple syrup and vinegar, and stir to coat. Cover and
increase heat to medium­ high. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low or to maintain a
gentle simmer and cook until the peaches are completely soft and breaking down, 4 to 5
minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids.)
Cool before using.

http://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.co...arbecue­sauce/
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 09:20 AM   #322
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

My weight loss doctor gave me this recipe

2 Ingredient Low Carb Pancakes

2 ounces cream cheese
2 eggs

Blend until smooth (I use a Magic Bullet).
Let batter sit for a couple of minutes so the bubbles settle down.

Cook in non-stick pan on medium heat (just like regular pancakes).

Makes 4 pancakes.

The entire pancake recipe has about 390 cal, 3g carbs and 17g protein.

I add a pinch of cinnamon and 1 tsp of Stevia powder to my batter.

These are awesome with butter and sugar free syrup. Aldi has wonderful sugar free syrups - Blueberry, Blackberry and Raspberry.

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #323
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Last weekend my husband was craving a Philly Cheese Steak but didn't want to tempt me by bringing bread into the house so we came up with this alternative using what we had on hand. It was fabulous and we'll be making this again!!

Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers

3 green peppers cut lengthwise and seeded
1 lb ground beef
1 onion sliced thin
Sliced Portobello mushrooms
Sliced white American cheese
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP onion powder
Olive oil

Preheat oven to 400.

Mix meat, Worcestershire, garlic powder and onion powder. Let sit while you prepare the other ingredients.

Place peppers cut side up on parchment covered baking sheet and roast in oven until they're done to your taste.

Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil until soft. Set aside and brown ground meat.

Place a slice of cheese inside each pepper half then fill layering meat, onions and mushrooms. Top with more cheese and bake for about 10-15 minutes until done to your taste.

Makes 6 servings.

The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2015, 07:43 AM   #324
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes with Egg, Bacon and Cheddar

Ingredients
– 8 tomatoes
– 8 eggs
– 6 strips of bacon, cooked, chopped
– 1/2 cup chopped green onion
– 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
– 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
– Garlic salt, to taste
– Pepper, to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 400F.

Cut the top off the tomatoes and scoop out about 50% of the insides. Crack an egg into each tomato. Season with salt and pepper. Top with fresh basil.

Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until egg has set. In the last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle each tomato with cheese.

To serve, top with bacon, green onion and cilantro.

I'm gonna make this tomorrow
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #325
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Grain-Free Spaghetti and Meatballs
AUTHOR: Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
SERVES: 6 to 8
INGREDIENTS:

Zucchini Noodles or Spaghetti Squash for serving
Meatballs
2 tablespoons olive oil, ghee, or coconut oil for frying
3 large eggs
3 pounds grass-fed ground beef
¾ cup almond meal or 3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese or ¼ cup nutritional yeast
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 ½ teaspoons coconut aminos
1 ½ teaspoon oregano
1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ teaspoons fish sauce
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes

For the Sauce
¼ cup olive oil
½ small onion, sliced
1 box Pomi tomatoes (strained)
1 box Pomi tomatoes (chopped)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
INSTRUCTIONS:

Make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until they are translucent. Add the remaining 6 ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 40 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce until smooth, or carefully blend it in a blender. Adjust seasoning if necessary.

Make the meatballs: Whisk the eggs in the bottom of a big bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, then knead the mixture with your hands until everything is just incorporated. Form the meat into golfball-sized meatballs.
Heat the olive oil in a large dutch-oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Pan fry the meatballs in batches, until browned all over. They do not need to cook all the way through since they will simmer in the sauce.
Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is thickened. Stir occasionally.
Serve over grain-free noodle of choice.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #326
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Has anyone made cauliflower "rice"? Thinking about trying it.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #327
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Has anyone made cauliflower "rice"? Thinking about trying it.
I have and I really like it, though I haven't had any for awhile.

The way I make it is to cut a head of cauliflower into smallish pieces, put some pieces in the food processor and chop it. The less you put into the processor, the more control you have over the size. So, I have it packed loosely.

I aim for the size of couscous because it can get on the mushy side if it's chooped too fine.

You might want to search this thread. I'm almost certain this has been discussed.

Bon appetit and good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 11:08 AM   #328
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes with Egg, Bacon and Cheddar

Ingredients
– 8 tomatoes
– 8 eggs
– 6 strips of bacon, cooked, chopped
– 1/2 cup chopped green onion
– 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
– 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
– Garlic salt, to taste
– Pepper, to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 400F.

Cut the top off the tomatoes and scoop out about 50% of the insides. Crack an egg into each tomato. Season with salt and pepper. Top with fresh basil.

Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until egg has set. In the last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle each tomato with cheese.

To serve, top with bacon, green onion and cilantro.

I'm gonna make this tomorrow
How did this turn out Orema? Minus the bacon it looks so good.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #329
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SweetCheeks~ View Post
I'll have it in a hour or so if I can ever finish paying my bills online I keep getting distracted by music, quotes, games

I'm making it without the bacon so I'll be sure to return later today to let you know.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2015, 01:44 PM   #330
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SweetCheeks~ View Post
It was good and I enjoyed it. It created a lot of water and I kept thinking it would be better with bacon or pancetta (for me). I forgot to buy bacon when I went shopping. And next time I'll drain the liquid in the tomato before putting it in the oven and will cook everything 5-10 minutes less, I think.

I had sliced cucumber on the side and it worked well.

I prefer the egg baked in avocado half, but I need to experiment with this some more
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2015, 09:11 AM   #331
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Spicy Cashew Beef with Sweet Potato Noodles

Spicy Cashew Beef with Sweet Potato Noodles

Ingredients
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 1 red onion, sliced
– 4 carrots, sliced
– 3 celery ribs, sliced
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– 1-1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
– 12 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
– 2 cups broccoli florets
– 1-1/2 cup cauliflower florets
– 1/2 cup sliced sweet peppers
– 2/3 cup chopped raw cashews
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 3-4 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
– 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
– 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1 avocado, sliced
– 3 sweet potatoes/yams, made into noodles with vegetable peeler

Directions
Heat up a large skillet and melt the coconut oil. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Saute until the onion is translucent. Salt and pepper to taste.

Add the steak and cook until it is about halfway cooked.

Add in the mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, and cashews. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Saute until the veggies are cooked and meat is done.

Mix in the tamari, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes. Saute a couple minutes more.

Boil a large pot of water and add the sweet potato “noodles”. Boil just a couple minutes and drain in a colander.

Serve the beef over the sweet potato noodles, topped with avocado.

Serves 4-5

Time to table: 60 minutes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2015, 03:16 PM   #332
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

That's a great looking dish, Orema! Seems we both have avocado on the brain today!

Here's a dish I like that's very paleo friendly and makes a great side dish to poultry or beef.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts
(with Avocados and Pecans)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup pecans
1 lb. fresh brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and cut in halves or quarters
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 T + 1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. + 2 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice (I used my fresh-frozen lemon juice)
2 medium avocados, peeled and cut into small dice
1/2 tsp. sea salt
fresh-ground black pepper to taste

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450F. Put pecans on the baking sheet you'll be using to roast the brussels sprouts, and when the oven is hot put the baking sheet in and roast 3-4 minutes or just until the pecans barely start to look browned. Remove from oven and put the pecans on a cutting board to cool.

Wash the sprouts and make sure they are dry, otherwise they will not roast properly. Trim the stem ends of brussels sprouts and cut them in half, or in quarters if they're large.

Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and olive oil. Put brussels sprouts into a bowl and toss with the balsamic mixture. Spritz the roasting tray lightly with olive oil/coconut oil and spread the brussels sprouts out and turn each one cut side down. Roast brussels sprouts 15 minutes.

While the brussels sprouts roast, coarsely chop the pecans. Peel the avocados and cut them into small pieces. Wash out the bowl you tossed the brussels sprouts in, put the avocado into the bowl, toss with the 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and season with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and some fresh-ground black pepper.

After 15 minutes, remove baking sheet from the oven and turn the brussels sprouts over. Put the baking sheet back in the oven and roast the brussels sprouts about 10 minutes more (or until they're nicely browned, as brown as you can get them before they would start to burn.) When done, mix with the avocado & pecans and serve.

(Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo)
Old 09-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #333
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I was going through some of the older posts from this thread and happened across one of my favorite recipes and thought I would repost it here. These muffins are so easy and quick to make and are great for breakfast as well as for dinner with a side dish such as the one I just posted above.

Salmon Muffins

1 can salmon, drained and shredded (I also pick out most bones and skin)
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
2 or 3 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar (or whatever cheese you prefer)

Mix everything together. I don't add salt to these, but you may wish to. Lightly oil a muffin tin and plop a muffin's worth of salmon into each cup. This makes about six of the bigger muffins. Bake at 325 F until egg sets—about 20 or 25 mins.

They aren't greasy when made like this and can be eaten hot or cold. These are great with a scoop of Greek yogurt. Sometimes I add a bit of flax meal to this recipe.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:38 PM   #334
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I am not a big fan of pumpkin, preferring sweet potato in its stead, but I saw this recipe and thought it would be a good fit here on the Lo Carb thread. I may try this recipe substituting sweet potato for the pumpkin. If anyone makes this please let me know how it turned out.

http://http://detoxinista.com/2012/0...-pumpkin-bars/
Old 10-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #335
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I am not a big fan of pumpkin, preferring sweet potato in its stead, but I saw this recipe and thought it would be a good fit here on the Lo Carb thread. I may try this recipe substituting sweet potato for the pumpkin. If anyone makes this please let me know how it turned out.

http://http://detoxinista.com/2012/0...-pumpkin-bars/
Hey Jesse, thanks for posting this. Looks really good.

Your link didn't work for me, but this one works, thought it looks the same as yours. Go figger

Thanks again!
O
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2015, 06:30 PM   #336
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanks for the fix Orema. Looks like I have one too many "http's" in there. Most likely because I was drooling over that pumpkin bar. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Hey Jesse, thanks for posting this. Looks really good.

Your link didn't work for me, but this one works, thought it looks the same as yours. Go figger

Thanks again!
O
Old 10-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #337
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Love tabbouleh, but don't want the grains? Try this recipe I got from one of my favorite Greek Recipe sites, http://souvlakiforthesoul.com/

"GRAIN FREE" TABOULI RECIPE
Ingredients:
4 cups freshly chopped parsley leaves
1/2 cup freshly chopped mint leaves
1/4 of cauliflower, grated
1 large spring onion, thinly sliced
a handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
1 Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed and thinly sliced ( I'm thinking any type of cuke will do)
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
Combine the parsley, mint, grated cauliflower, spring onion, tomatoes and cucumber in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and season to taste.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:09 PM   #338
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

For those who still eat dairy/nuts on occasion, these are really good.

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Balls

Ingredients:
2-8 ounce chilled Cream Cheese
1 cup creamy Peanut Butter
1 package of Almond Bark (or whatever chocolate you desire)
Crushed Roasted Peanuts (optional)

Mix the peanut butter and cream cheese together thoroughly.
Roll into medium sized balls and place onto something with a flat surface, (plate, cookie sheet etc.) lined with parchment paper that will fit into your freezer space. Freeze for 1-2 hours until solid.
Place the chocolate or bark in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and heat an additional 15 seconds, and stir again until it’s smooth and creamy. Stirring is extremely important in this case to avoid overheating the chocolate/bark, so be sure and stir it really well in between heating. Do not over heat.
Us a fork to dip the cheesecake balls into the bowl of chocolate/bark. Sit it back on the parchment lined sheet and quickly sprinkle with the crushed peanuts if desired, before they harden. If using bark, they will harden quickly. If using melted chocolate, you may need to place back in the freezer until the chocolate hardens. Refrigerate until ready to devour!
Old 10-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #339
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Could someone tell me the difference between Mediterranean Diet vs Paleo Diet? And could you include some reference links. Please and thank you.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:44 PM   #340
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Mediterranean Pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
Could someone tell me the difference between Mediterranean Diet vs Paleo Diet? And could you include some reference links. Please and thank you.

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo