The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,744 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
So, has anyone upgraded to the new Pandaria expansion yet?
Do you like it? Is it worth it? Anything truly cool about it?

I just bought the expansions as a Christmas present - (no worries, this one is not the surprise of gifts) - and I've been curious to know how it is. Mare doesn't have the free time to play until after Christmas, and of course, I won't start without Her, sooooo .... curious to know more about it from a player's perspective.

I've been playing it since release and really do like it. Lots of great lore (although the Archeology ending, if you do them all at once, is annoying as you must watch all the "videos"). It's a bit of a daily grind but there are lots of dailies to play with enough variation. What I really like is the scenarios (teams of 3) which is a nice variation to the dungeons and raids.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #82
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I've been playing it since release and really do like it. Lots of great lore (although the Archeology ending, if you do them all at once, is annoying as you must watch all the "videos"). It's a bit of a daily grind but there are lots of dailies to play with enough variation. What I really like is the scenarios (teams of 3) which is a nice variation to the dungeons and raids.

That sounds interesting - the scenarios. I haven't really gotten into dungeons and raids until we last played - and I am not a big fan of all the bickering and kicking that goes on.

I take it these scenarios are sort of like - mini raids? more like quests?

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #83
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Found it.....

Scenarios are short, instanced adventures for three players that directly follow the stories and events in the open world. In a scenario you'll be presented with a number of goals you need to achieve in order to progress. So instead of “clear trash, kill boss, rinse, repeat”, you will be given objectives you have to complete to move the scenario's story forward. Yes, that's right – scenarios are heavily story-driven, much more so than dungeons.[2] Introduced with the Mists of Pandaria expansion, Scenarios are short instances consisting of a series of tasks that can be completed by groups of players smaller than 5 for rewards better than individual quests.[3] Unlike 5-man dungeons, many scenarios will take place outside and resemble phasing. As with dungeons, they will be tied into a queuing system, but there will be no defined roles, so queues should be short.

Good news since most of the time I don't have two hours to devote to a dungeon or raid.

The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #84
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Scenarios are short, instanced adventures for three players that directly follow the stories and events in the open world. In a scenario you'll be presented with a number of goals you need to achieve in order to progress. So instead of “clear trash, kill boss, rinse, repeat”, you will be given objectives you have to complete to move the scenario's story forward. Yes, that's right – scenarios are heavily story-driven, much more so than dungeons.[2] Introduced with the Mists of Pandaria expansion, Scenarios are short instances consisting of a series of tasks that can be completed by groups of players smaller than 5 for rewards better than individual quests.[3] Unlike 5-man dungeons, many scenarios will take place outside and resemble phasing. As with dungeons, they will be tied into a queuing system, but there will be no defined roles, so queues should be short.

Good news since most of the time I don't have two hours to devote to a dungeon or raid.
Agreed. And it can be weird. I've ended up with a team of 3 hunters and one flaked while two of us kicked ass. It was actually a lot of fun.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #85
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Agreed. And it can be weird. I've ended up with a team of 3 hunters and one flaked while two of us kicked ass. It was actually a lot of fun.
There's always a flake in the crowd, huh?
I haven't done many, and I know I am not PVE geared to really do some damage, but Lord knows I try dammit! Now I'm anxious to play, but have to wait. Mare will "finish me" if I start without Her.

Since there is a new class, do they allow you to migrate a character over, or do you have to start from level 1 again?

Old 11-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #86
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Default Try before you buy ....

FYI: For anyone who might be interested in Pandaria, warcraft.com offers a ten day trial if you already have Cataclysm.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #87
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
There's always a flake in the crowd, huh?
I haven't done many, and I know I am not PVE geared to really do some damage, but Lord knows I try dammit! Now I'm anxious to play, but have to wait. Mare will "finish me" if I start without Her.

Since there is a new class, do they allow you to migrate a character over, or do you have to start from level 1 again?

New class and new race. Can migrate to Pandas but have to start a monk from level 1 and climb up (largely because each class have their own unique requirements on stuff like mana, strength, agility, etc.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #88
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Anyone on Area 52? Mare and I just started new goblin toons on this PVE. The auction house is outrageously priced (don't know too many level 5's with 300 or more gold, but hey, who am I to judge?) ....
Let me know when you come back on this server. I just started a Tauren Monk on here for when Hellscream is down.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #89
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Let me know when you come back on this server. I just started a Tauren Monk on here for when Hellscream is down.
Woohoo! We should be up and playing shortly after Christmas. I promised Mare I wouldn't start without Her. Her work schedule is too crazy for Her to have the time right now. I'm looking forward to seeing you there!!

Old 06-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #90
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

I play Alliance mainly, I would love to have a Horde somewhere, I have a lvl 21 BElf rogue, but I don't love it?

Where is everyone playing?

~ Let me show you baby I'm a talented boi ~

Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #91
NerdieGirl
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Banned 6/24/13 -Previously banned user "kaTE09" back under new name.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
No thank you.

NerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST Reputation

FOR THE HORDE!

I play on Skullcrusher (us) and have played wOw for about 4-5 years, on and off. My main is a Tauren druid, and i just love her! I've tried to roll other toons, but it just doesn't ever work out for me. I am thinking about trying a monk now that I have pretty good gear on my main. Any of you have a monk? How do you like it?
NerdieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:49 AM   #92
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone still playing?

~ Let me show you baby I'm a talented boi ~

Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #93
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I stopped a little while ago when my main guild kind of died off. I switched to another guild (I have two, almost three 90s on Hellscream Horde side) but I would re-roll if a mass amount of us agreed to go same server, same side.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #94
jerbear

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy hym
Relationship Status:
just wanna be left alone

2 Highscores

jerbear Has the BEST Reputationjerbear Has the BEST Reputationjerbear Has the BEST Reputationjerbear Has the BEST Reputationjerbear Has the BEST Reputationjerbear Has the BEST Reputationjerbear Has the BEST Reputationjerbear Has the BEST Reputationjerbear Has the BEST Reputationjerbear Has the BEST Reputationjerbear Has the BEST Reputation

I play on sisters of elune most of the time though i have a few toons spread across the relams.... i play mostly on horde
jerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jerbear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #95
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

I just finished getting a warlock to level 90 yesterday. That's my 5th toon to get to top level. I may resort to the "Pokemon pet" achievements.

And I agree with you Desd. If we were all on the same server I'd be game at joining or creating a guild. With Warlords coming up soon (November?), I'd say now is the time to create/join something like this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #96
GeekBear

How Do You Identify?:
transgender menace
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, his
Relationship Status:
Married to the RyRy!

GeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST ReputationGeekBear Has the BEST Reputation
Default guild/server

RyRy and I mostly play alliance but we're definitely looking for a guild of like-minded people. If we can get enough of us together, we're down for a change of pace. With the new expansion coming out, I'd just like to get a bunch of us together and have some fun. I'm down for whatever, and we have a vent set up already so let's tear some stuff up guys and girls

GeekBear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeekBear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #97
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Sweet! I just got my invite for the Warlords beta!

Old 07-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #98
bright_arrow

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Kiddo and I made a guild on Hellscream, Horde called Awesome Sauce. Only level 4 guild because we're the only two in it
Old 11-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #99
bright_arrow

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Bumping because the boy and I play.

We are Horde on Llane I believe it is. I am mostly running around on my shad priest Lunarbeing
The Following User Says Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post: