Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,551 Times in 3,956 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

omg...and cuddleyfemme too? Who else? Lord I was away too long!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2017, 11:18 PM   #42
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,641 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
wow, I came across this 8 year old thread and re-read it...so much has changed!

BFD is gone

BF is gone

no one does My Space anymore

Twitter has picked up in popularity because of 45

Linked In has lost most of our interest unless you are looking for a job

Facebook has caught us in its snare...it is THE #1 social media

when I came back to the Planet, I wondered where everyone was. I think FB has taken alot of people away from here

and I wonder why

I personally love the forum set up on the planet. And I like how we are screened for participation, so the likelyhood of trolls coming in for stares and rude comments are reduced.

wondering what others think about social media nowadays and how it affect the Planet?
I specifically searched the forums for a thread on Social Media and found this one. I too enjoy the forum setup on BFP; it's familiar and friendly. I like the conversation here as opposed to simply meme posting which is what goes on so much on social media sites. I left Facebook a month or so ago and have not looked back. It's so liberating to let go of it. I woke up one morning and asked myself if I was contributing anything positive to that medium and thought about it for awhile and answered myself, no. Then I asked myself if I was getting anything positive from that medium and thought about it for another little while and answered myself by clicking the delete button. Having said that though, I have been on Twitter since 2009 and have always liked it there. I use it a lot though for news and it's great in the moment real time connecting in emergencies. I'm also on Instagram although I'm not one to use it as a photo storage and I clean up old stuffs regularly so there really isn't tons of stuff there to see. If anyone wanted to connect, on Twitter I'm simply faireunvoeu and on Instagram it's faireunvoeu_ig
Old 09-17-2017, 06:18 AM   #43
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
I use to love MySpace when I was able to code and customize my page, back then it was the only platform I knew about. The last time I logged in it was several years ago, I looked around and noticed things really changed there. I haven't been back since.

I am on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Periscope, etc. but I use them for business purposes and not for personal. For information I go to Facebook and for entertainment I go to Instagram. Those two platforms are definitely my favourite.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #44
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I've never been tempted to sign up for a Face Book account! To me it seems like a breeding ground for family woes to misunderstandings and the devil's workshop for relationships gone bad!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2017, 04:00 PM   #45
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I've never been tempted to sign up for a Face Book account! To me it seems like a breeding ground for family woes to misunderstandings and the devil's workshop for relationships gone bad!
i used to think that too, and twice i have deleted my FB and come back, but if you only allow people in your circle who behave correctly, it can be a place to share photos, see each others adventures and connect with those we want to connect to. Its can be a source of great support which i am receiving right now..

right now i am enjoying watching a friend on her trip to Hawaii.

for me right now, its kinda cool
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #46
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,641 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Instagram

Bump.

Looking for new Instagrammers to follow ツ ...